John Wick 5 in Early Development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part 4 is basically a remake of part 3

A Rep from the high table wants wick dead and has an Asian assassin go after him.

If John had a Mexican standoff with her at the end and was shot and “killed”

Boom same film. Only not as good as 3 because stunts were not as good, it was longer, and it never took that next step up from the previous film like the others did.

No way Winston should have been forgiven so easily by John.. that plot was supposed to go somewhere.

Bring me JW5 and finish it right!!

The director just said that they left nothing on the table (no pun intended) for Chapter 4 and fully made it with it bring the finale in mind. He also said that he recognizes that movies are big business and that there's also a chance that a successful run will be continued and that part of the fun is trying to come up with creative ways to justify a continuation.

So that'll be great if Chapter 5 is good but yeah, it wasn't intended to continue.

The director just said that they left nothing on the table (no pun intended) for Chapter 4 and fully made it with it bring the finale in mind. He also said that he recognizes that movies are big business and that there's also a chance that a successful run will be continued and that part of the fun is trying to come up with creative ways to justify a continuation.

So that'll be great if Chapter 5 is good but yeah, it wasn't intended to continue.
You think you misunderstood me my good friend.

I’m saying that after part 3, Part 4 was not what the original writer seemed to be heading with this story.

So John Wick could have got out if he killed Winston. While Winston tries to kill John to keep his Continental. How is this resolved in the next film? A throwaway line.

How about the question… Hey John you pissed? In which he reply’s… “Yeah” Hell the base even drops when he states it. What do we get? A horse chase and the death of a high table member that took his ring ( that he never gets back)

Why does he not take on the High Table?? Obviously that was where this series was headed after part 3. But we have to have spin offs so let’s say that if you kill them they will just be replaced.. agh!!! Lazy and dumb.

It was set up for a big confrontation but instead we got an inferior redo of the 3rd film.

I know this film is well received by many. I think In time people will see through its average action set pieces and it’s bloated runtime for such a lazily written plot.

Why could part 3 tell the same story with more inventive action and an hour less runtime?

Last edited:
You think you misunderstood me my good friend.
Oh I wasn't actually responding to your post despite the timing of mine. I was just repeating what Chad Stahelski said in a recent interview.

I know that they didn't wrap everything up perfectly (his refurbished car, etc.) but I still thought that JW4 was a satisfying resolution overall. Plus as I said when the movie came out I thought that if John actually was capable of defeating the High Table just by killing a select few it would actually cheapen their mystique IMO. I like the idea that the High Table is never defeated, and simply can't be defeated, and that the only way out is if THEY say you're out, or you die, both of which technically happened in JW4 (though I know JW5 will change the latter.)

And on a semi-related note I watched the new Adam Driver movie "65" on a plane today and while the movie was very mediocre I couldn't help but think that he'd make a great Wick himself if they wanted to James Bond the part out due to Keanu's age.

Back