1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys dragging ass on anything that's not Disney, same old.
Disney is their undeniable cash cow but I am impressed that in the last couple of months there has been an uptick in non-Disney - One Piece figures, multiple DC announcements, Kamen Rider Black Sun figures, League of Legends.

IMG_1169.png

Got on the RSVP for both. I'm ready for them to drop on PO. I'm watching the film and it's a great end to his story. Also love the "nowhere to run" scene which is an awesome call back to The Warriors.

Maybe they’ve been biding their time so they can announce an Artisan Wick alongside these two?
I hope not. HT needs to get an Artisan figure or two out first before they really commit to the expression. They all might turn out crap for all we know. They still have yet to prove their production capability so I’d rather have a tried and true sculpted hair sculpt before ordering a rooted hair one in hopes it turns out ok until they’re consistently nailing that method.

Changed the hair.... unless they're swappable pieces.

Lighting isn't really helping the likeness.

Last edited:
I am happy his hair isn't constantly blowing in the wind now lol, but having two hairdos would actually be awesome.

I liked the flowy hair so I will be disappointed if it's gone, hopefully it's 2 separate pieces but if not I understand the change, fits more poses and it's easier to cast.
Sculpt still looks the same, just different lighting, camera quality and the hair making it look different.

I liked the action hair, but agree that the update is probably the "better" option for production.

Never thought how much of a ***** it would be to cast the action one though. Alt pieces would be nice, as a compromise, but I don't see that happening.

The lighting on that new shot is ass, but with proper lighting I think it's a really strong sculpt.

We taking bets that an Artesian version is coming alongside this? InArt did say they were interested in John Wick at one point so...HT's got motives for it.

I liked the action hair, but agree that the update is probably the "better" option for production.

Never thought how much of a ***** it would be to cast the action one though. Alt pieces would be nice, as a compromise, but I don't see that happening.

The lighting on that new shot is ass, but with proper lighting I think it's a really strong sculpt.

We taking bets that an Artesian version is coming alongside this? InArt did say they were interested in John Wick at one point so...HT's got motives for it.
John Wick is the perfect candidate for the rooted treatment but I think we would've already seen something at this point if they were working on an Artisan version unless they are still waiting on licensors approval for that version or something.

Back