1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dome placement looks like garbage
Indeed. Might have to pick up a second helmeted headsculpt to just permanently mod and glue together, and have another to remain stock for the gimmick and Shaw headsculpt. Can't tell from the angle if the helmet tusks have been fixed or if they still point down too much. But I definitely feel better looking at this pic as he doesn't appear to be so squatty.

EDIT: Reposting the image here since we started a new page. Wish the photo quality was better considering this is an official pic from HT socials.
473343-382475887-705801801583835-872295274481850833-n.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed. Might have to pick up a second helmeted headsculpt to just permanently mod and glue together, and have another to remain stock for the gimmick and Shaw headsculpt. Can't tell from the angle if the helmet tusks have been fixed or if they still point down too much. But I definitely feel better looking at this pic as he doesn't appear to be so squatty.

EDIT: Reposting the image here since we started a new page. Wish the photo quality was better considering this is an official pic from HT socials.
473343-382475887-705801801583835-872295274481850833-n.jpg
I don’t think anything has been changed. Looks like the same figure. The pose and the camera (most likely) being a little farther back helps the proportions/lens distortion.

I don’t think anything has been changed. Looks like the same figure. The pose and the camera (most likely) being a little farther back helps the proportions/lens distortion.
Yea, maybe. The reason why I think it looks to have changed is b/c the the upper arms almost tuck into the sides of the shoulder armor on the proto/ESB figure, but here, they look to be properly under the shoulder bells, if that makes sense. The torso also doesn't look so compressed even with the belt up high. Hopefully we get better pics through out the next couple days.

Last edited:
That pic has got that “teen in a deluxe Halloween costume” look that made me kitbash my own Vaders.

It almost looks the bottom edge of the helmet’s neck is underneath the opening on the shoulder armor. Is it just me?

I'd have to agree -- I doubt HT did anything to this figure. I blew all my rewards on this as its totally a "completist" figure for me, I admit. The 3rd and finale OT Vader. The one Vader I plan to stand helmetless. Be funny if it is the one helmet they get right. But I just can't imagine.

They are probably working on all the issues we've mentioned for 10 years for their Artisan Vader.

Agreed. And don't want to jump into a panic because of one lame SM photo, but based on the photo, the figure looks like a straight reissue of th ESB one. Very sad if true. All of those additional items like the well-done Shaw portrait, the gimmicky light up translucent helmet and skull, and the overdone stand are .... okay, but I was hoping this release would kind of run along the line of the DX19 - not a complete redo but at least something where the final product showed some effort and improvement. Not to be, I guess. Since my ESB Vader is back in the box, my hand is hovering over the "cancel" button on this one.

but I was hoping this release would kind of run along the line of the DX19 - not a complete redo but at least something where the final product showed some effort and improvement. Not to be, I guess.
there’s still a whole year before this thing is expected to release at the earliest. The DX19 was just a straight DX12 reissue at all the conventions before release. It wasn’t until we started getting in hand reviews, comparison pics and HT own videos on social media that ppl started seeing the differences between the DX12 and 19. That could very well still happen with this guy.

Last edited:
I wish I was educated enough to tell the difference between ROTJ and ESB Vader. The pic posted above looks just the ESB HT Vader to me. The cod piece in particular looks reused. I ordered Obi BD Vader btw - and I am by no means putting the ROTJ figure down. The headsculpt and zapped head look stellar!

by Q3-Q4 2024 we already in world war, no time for star wars.

get the kenobi version now and hope this set will be released and just sell off the kenobi version.

the pleather suit will stay fresher this way anyway.

Deluxe Kenobi Vader helmet looks like to be the closest we'll get to a OT Vader mask wise.

by Q3-Q4 2024 we already in world war, no time for star wars.

get the kenobi version now and hope this set will be released and just sell off the kenobi version.

the pleather suit will stay fresher this way anyway.
I try to be more optimistic and believe my biggest problem in 2025 is stressing myself out over pleather degradation.

I did not get ESB Vader and thankfully haven’t gone full into the many details of Vader’s suit between ESB and ROTJ (yet). So for me I’m very eager to get my copy of the deluxe! Will be interesting to see how the electrocuted helmet turns out.

Anyone in here getting both ROTJ and Kenobi Vader?

Back