1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to be more optimistic and believe my biggest problem in 2025 is stressing myself out over pleather degradation.

I did not get ESB Vader and thankfully haven’t gone full into the many details of Vader’s suit between ESB and ROTJ (yet). So for me I’m very eager to get my copy of the deluxe! Will be interesting to see how the electrocuted helmet turns out.

Anyone in here getting both ROTJ and Kenobi Vader?
I’m getting both. Only Vader I’ve skipped is the Tarkin two pack. But that’s because I have ANH and R1 Vader lol. And ESB and will have these two lol. And I have 1/4 lol. After Maul, Vader is my favorite SW villain.

I try to be more optimistic and believe my biggest problem in 2025 is stressing myself out over pleather degradation.

I did not get ESB Vader and thankfully haven’t gone full into the many details of Vader’s suit between ESB and ROTJ (yet). So for me I’m very eager to get my copy of the deluxe! Will be interesting to see how the electrocuted helmet turns out.

Hell yeah, I'm getting both deluxes.. :yess:

For HT I only have original ANH (with some upgrades from the Tarkin 2pk set, the gloves & boots) & the 1/4 scale. I didn't care for the RO version, and it was hard to pass on the ESB both times it was released, but ESB & ROTJ are basically identical so I just decided to wait.

I also have the 1/6 SS original ANH & the 1st ESB/ROTJ deluxe version (kills me they cancelled the concept McQuarrie version). As well as the original ROTJ Medicom and a bunch of the now crappy Hasbro Vaders, even the original Vintage 12" that was mine from childhood (unfortunately lost the saber). I also have the GG Jumbo 12" Vintage Vader.

And don't get me started on 3 3/4" & 6". I have nearly every Vader ever released in those scales. And other scales like the Tomy 10" RAH Vader, that Hasbro 8" rubber Hyperreal Vader... And MANY MANY more Vader collectibles. Most are kept carded and boxed. I have many boxes just labeled Vader #1,2,3,4....

As you obviously can tell, I have a Vader collecting problem.. My collection spans over 40 years of buying this crap.

I also got both Kenobi and Deluxe RoTJ Vader. Idk, can't turn it down 😂 I have a few vaders but not as many as other people do, and certainly not as many as I do Luke lol. But I got the Vader/Tarkin 2 pack (which I got for a CRAZY deal on BBTS when they were really pushing stock. It was on sale for like $275 AND they gave me $300 BBTS credit, which I then used to get TFA Finn/Riot Trooper two pack which was ALSO on sale for $275 and came with $250 BBTS store credit....what a great day that was..but I digress), ESB 40th Vader, sold my SS Vader.

But I love the Kenobi Vader, gotta have that damaged helmet. And I really want to do something with the RoTJ Deluxe Vader, Palps and Luke in a diorama. That and I have no self control for this freaking hobby

I have them both on preorder and am looking forward to getting them.

I really love the look of this figure, but I never owned a SW figure before, and I hear really bad news about the Vader suits not lasting over time. How true is that? I'm worried about the flaking of the suit/robe not holding up over many years. Is it a rightful concern or is it not a big deal?

Have the anh one and esb one. Cancelled the kenobi one as space is a real issue now and although it is really cool it’s so scene specific that I had to chop it. Have the rotj one on order and will be displaying it without the helmet in A slightly non cannon way!

Looks like the best OT Vader from hot toys will be this one paired with the mask from the deluxe DX28 obi wan show Vader. Shaw portrait and movie accurate body from this release and the most accurate OT movie mask looks like it will be the one from DX28.

It is fan-fiction's wet dream.

Like they did to Boba Fett, they really should re-record/replace all of Darth Vader/James Earl Jones's lines using Hayden's voice to cement the dream. Finally, a cohesive Saga.

giphy.gif

Back