1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks awesome. Can you imagine if the figure came with the standard sand base.....I thought maybe people might lose their *&#!, especially since Ani hates the sand.:LOL:

But then I thought, how cool of a diorama would it be having Anakin mowing down a couple of Tusken Raiders?:lightsabe

I might pick up some tuskens for him to fight. That's a great idea!

He probably should have also come with a base-card of the Geonosis spire hangar floor for his confrontation with Dooku.
But I still like this environment-esque base- even if it is from one of the worst sequences in all of Star Wars.

With this figure release I'll be looking into doing a 1/6th kit of the hotrod speeder, this is the 1/10th version I did some years ago, this is 18 inches long, so a 1/6th version would be around 30 inches:
zachary-brackin-spdr-02.jpg

My brother runs the Merlin Models kits/replicas shop so I'd work with him to produce kits. No confirmation that this will happen, but it's something I'd like to do, just would need to update the 3D printing files for that scale. I'm also interested in doing a 1/12th scale version that would fit the Black Series or the Figuarts figures. Also hoping Hot Toys produces the Obi-Wan figure so that it can have both figures.

I passed on ROTS Anakin because I felt that it should have been a DX figure with PERS as the actors brow strongly lends to this function being successful. It's great to see it here.

Last edited:
Looks like the sabers are using a new kind of connection. Is that the same one the Black Panther base had for its black light?

Attachments

• E8A92F10-70A1-42D0-8BB0-D3B9A0F65BA2.jpeg
    E8A92F10-70A1-42D0-8BB0-D3B9A0F65BA2.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C99F0A5-63A8-48F5-BC52-D9DAD3F28F3B.jpeg
    0C99F0A5-63A8-48F5-BC52-D9DAD3F28F3B.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 9EFCA5E7-803F-42B4-A180-C7EF840BCC5C.jpeg
    9EFCA5E7-803F-42B4-A180-C7EF840BCC5C.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more Hot Toys, but these were too darn difficult to pass up.
Sure, the first half of Attack of the Clones kinda dragged on, had too much lovey dovey crap for my taste. But then s*** hit the fan and clone trooper hell broke loose! And then lightsabers went flying everywhere! Sand went flying everywhere! Jango's head went flying! And Yoda. Holy crap, Yoda went bat s*** crazy on Dooku! Flying and jumping everywhere!
And then that ending, "The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, the clone war has". And then Imperial March playing while troops were boarding Star Destroyers. It was epic, man, freaking epic!
I watched those dvds so many times. And the extras were also some of the most fascinating stuff I had ever seen. I remember being so excited for Revenge of the Sith to come out next. lol
Man, I miss the days when Star Wars gave me that feeling of excitement! 🥲

Last edited:
I was wondering where those will connect. The base it seems. Thanks.
I've been wondering that same thing since they announced it with Bespin Luke. I was hoping they would maybe put something on their Facebook that showed how these USB lightsabers would function. I would assume the lightsabers plug into the base and then the base has a USB-C or micro USB port to plug in. I'm also assuming there's an on/off switch on the base 🤷 I LOVE that we won't have to pop out arms anymore,change little batteries and fumble with the tiny switch to turn them on anymore. I just have so many questions still.

I've been wondering that same thing since they announced it with Bespin Luke. I was hoping they would maybe put something on their Facebook that showed how these USB lightsabers would function. I would assume the lightsabers plug into the base and then the base has a USB-C or micro USB port to plug in. I'm also assuming there's an on/off switch on the base 🤷 I LOVE that we won't have to pop out arms anymore,change little batteries and fumble with the tiny switch to turn them on anymore. I just have so many questions still.
The press text does note something about a usb-c adaptor but I’m the same I have to know how it works.

After staring more at the various preview pics and videos of this I'm still very much in but I have found one nit...I hope the belt and pouch and the other attachments get detailed a bit better in production. It's looking a little cheap and plastic. Takes just a bit away from the superb presentation

The head sculpt really does look incredible. For the most part, the prequels are "meh" to me but I wouldn't mind adding this figure to the collection just for how good it looks.

I am hopeful to pair AOTC Kenobi with this guy at some point. Could HT be trying to do multiple likeness approvals for OWK at the same time?

Look at the multiple Anakins we have now. CW Anakin, AOTC Anakin, OWK Anakin/vader battle damaged, and (possibly) dark side Anakin 2.0 from OWK. Would it be easier for HT to proto all of these and get Hayden's approval at one time? And could they be doing the same with Ewan ?

Back