1/6 Hot Toys - MMS648 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Clone Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda want to take him and kit him out to look like a WWI Gerry grenadier with that reinforced helmet. Get a pauldron and a bandolier and weather him a bit more. That could be cool

I kinda want to take him and kit him out to look like a WWI Gerry grenadier with that reinforced helmet. Get a pauldron and a bandolier and weather him a bit more. That could be cool
If you do, hmu. I'd be interested in the forearms, elbows, and knees

Will do the same thing with my lonely regular. A day one Phase II
I have my 2 AOTC clones on my desk and they look great (ignoring the inaccuracies that do bug me) together, probably because I have them right next to another in firing poses.

But the Phase 2 bucket just looks so much better, I don't know because they've been so prominent in TBB since the show started, or what, but HT has really just nailed the Phase 2 look.

So apparently there are little plugs on the check for the Clone Pilot, where the chest box goes:mad: .....I'm gonna see if I can attach the photos, saw it on Instagram.

So apparently there are little plugs on the chest for the Clone Pilot, where the chest box goes:mad: .....I'm gonna see if I can attach the photos, saw it on Instagram.
And this is what cost me having 2 Clone Troopers in my collection. I couldn't decide on ordering 2 Clones (so I could display both a regular Phase I and Phase II clone), or 1 Clone and 1 Pilot and then putting a Phase I or II bucket on the dirty pilot body so they weren't identical (and always having the option to still use a Pilot bucket down the road). I was waiting to see if the white paint matched and if that chest piece was magnetic and when removed it looked like a regular clone...

I'm still holding out hope that another batch of clones will be offered. Now that I know I can definitely skip this guy.. :pray:

Although this figure does look awesome, just not something I need in the collection.

I realized I spelled chest wrong lol, this is what happens when I mute myself on a call, turn the camera off and go on Instagram to look at action figure photos and then come on here to post about it.

Here it is, I have no idea why they did this. Credit to onesith_photographer on Instragram.

Should of just made it magnetic or something.

1680623736414.png

I realized I spelled chest wrong lol, this is what happens when I mute myself on a call, turn the camera off and go on Instagram to look at action figure photos and then come on here to post about it.

Here it is, I have no idea why they did this. Credit to onesith_photographer on Instragram.

View attachment 631751
I almost prefer this over the magnet. Hot Toys uses pretty weak magnets sometimes and I'm not a fan of how free flowing the ammo pouches are that magnetize to the torso so at least having pegs will secure it in position.

Got shipping notice for Sideshow for this guy.

...it has been a expensive month for me between the 2 regs, Jesse, Mythos Vader, and now Clone Pilot.

Mando Luke can take his time.

View attachment 631751

Not surprised. Figured it’d be like that as with Rex and the tabs under his pauldron.

Wonder if that chest box plug is glued on to the chest armor or molded as one piece. If it’s glued it could pop off.

Ignore that guy. He doesnt know what he's talkin about.
I know more than you :p
(you claimed the blasters used on Andor were not the ones HT included with their Kenobi version clone, proven wrong, you claimed that the weapons HT include with other clones are movie versions, proven wrong, you claimed the ROTS promotional image of commander deviss was not holding the movie weapon again proven wrong etc etc etc and now you say I am wrong that the HT clone pilot phase 2 helm is just direct translation of animated design rather than realistic interpretation of the design, again screencap I posted above disagrees with you)

Last edited:
Got my pilot from Sideshow today! I’m pretty surprised at how quick he came.

I’m definitely more attracted to the phase 2 bucket so that’s what I’ll use BUT I’ll see if I can get my hands on a second one for a P1 look if I can!

Attachments

• 04CB910E-5581-4075-8D42-473E80977670.jpeg
    04CB910E-5581-4075-8D42-473E80977670.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
it is the animated design of the phase2 helm but with realistic weathering. the proportions are very much exaggerated like animation

If there is no realistic/live action equivalent of an existing design as precedent, then they're going to use the LFL approved animated design to make it easier like with the TCW Clone Pilot helmet or the armor for Clone Force 99. It'd take way more time and effort for them to do an actual realistic interpretation of their own and that'd be a whole different can of worms unfortunately.

Something we just have to live with. I understand why it bothers you though it doesn't really bother me.

Well, maybe like 5%.

10%.

Back