1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Wouldn’t that be better than 2 seperate figures?

I can see it now… the regular tentacles are locked behind the deluxe version…
I do not want the red tentacles. Regular version can have the regular ones, but I don't want to be forced to buy the red ones. If they do that, there might be some exclusive additional accessory to get you to buy it.

Would Hot Toys actually go all the way and make all five of the villains? I seriously doubt it.
Almost certainly only Ock and Goblin, they have not teased any other villains. Which sucks. Electro, Lizard and Sandman would get a lot of sales i'm sure. Hot toys decisions are just baffling sometimes, like them making Classic Loki... But no more NWH villains?

Almost certainly only Ock and Goblin, they have not teased any other villains. Which sucks. Electro, Lizard and Sandman would get a lot of sales i'm sure. Hot toys decisions are just baffling sometimes, like them making Classic Loki... But no more NWH villains?
Eh, I can kinda see it. Classic Loki is a Variant of Loki, a very popular character in the eyes of the general audience going for a decade now. They can pack some cool accessories with him and his costume is fun and vibrant, while he owned his episode. In comparison Sandman is a guy in a shirt and Electro is Jaime Foxx with electrician's clothes. Neither of them was the focus on NWH and everyone focused on Goblin & Ock. They're not really more recognisable characters in the grand scheme of things. I still think they'll do Electro, but Sandman and Lizard are most probably not happening.

Eh, I can kinda see it. Classic Loki is a Variant of Loki, a very popular character in the eyes of the general audience going for a decade now. They can pack some cool accessories with him and his costume is fun and vibrant, while he owned his episode. In comparison Sandman is a guy in a shirt and Electro is Jaime Foxx with electrician's clothes. Neither of them was the focus on NWH and everyone focused on Goblin & Ock. They're not really more recognisable characters in the grand scheme of things. I still think they'll do Electro, but Sandman and Lizard are most probably not happening.
Tom Hiddleston Loki is popular. Classic Loki was a small character in a couple episodes of the tv show, played by someone else. Sandman in NWH is literally just made of sand, so he could look really cool and be easy for them to produce. Lizard is the same. Electro was really cool in NWH and Jamie Foxx is very popular, and his look in the final battle was badass, especially with electricity effects. Also, even if Sandman was the SM3 version in a shirt he'd still be a great figure, with all the sand weapon accessories and so on. Classic Loki is just a guy in a dollar store Loki comic cosplay costume.

It's early still. We just got our first villain reveal.

Tom Hiddleston Loki is popular. Classic Loki was a small character in a couple episodes of the tv show, played by someone else. Sandman in NWH is literally just made of sand, so he could look really cool and be easy for them to produce. Lizard is the same. Electro was really cool in NWH and Jamie Foxx is very popular, and his look in the final battle was badass, especially with electricity effects. Also, even if Sandman was the SM3 version in a shirt he'd still be a great figure, with all the sand weapon accessories and so on. Classic Loki is just a guy in a dollar store Loki comic cosplay costume.
Still, a Loki is a Loki while Sandman is Sandman and Electro is just Jaime Foxx. They're not really extreme fan-favourites in the general circles. You think people on the street can name Collateral and The Soloist, or do they just know Jaime Foxx as the guy from Django? He's well-known, but not in a way that sells toys. In NWH they have relatively boring designs too. I still think they'll make Electro, but the other two... nah. A guy made of sand can be a fun 20$ figure with accessories, but 300$? That's a different ballpark. Lizard could sell, if he had a more intriguing design, was a bigger part of the movie, and could be turned into a figure without much trouble. A classic-looking Lizard with the labcoat, the snout and everything could be very cool and an instant seller. Lizard as is... eh.

We'll see. But the year is too packed to be doing figures like Sandman. If Hawkeye's not even announced yet, if Eternals goes by without an Ikaris, and by March we're in Moon Knight/Batman territory, with Doctor Strange, Thor 4, BP2 and Kenobi on the horizon, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything but the essentials.

I would have preferred the nanotech to make it somewhat different from toys era.
What makes it different from Toys Era is the overall superior quality of the figure, way better head sculpt, a base that has the actual real name of the character on it, and the license ... I think these are pretty good reasons to go Hot Toys and pay the premium.

What makes it different from Toys Era is the overall superior quality of the figure, way better head sculpt, a base that has the actual real name of the character on it, and the license ... I think these are pretty good reasons to go Hot Toys and pay the premium.
Doesn't change anything for me other than likely trying to sell the Toys Era version. If there were or are different in look then I will keep both.

Those things and also we can already tell from the teaser image that the tailoring and fit of the clothing is going to be night and day. Even in their own promotional images, the toys-era figure looked like three toddlers stacked ontop of one another in their dad's oversized trenchcoats.

1643047635378.png

1643047696270.png

Still, a Loki is a Loki while Sandman is Sandman and Electro is just Jaime Foxx. They're not really extreme fan-favourites in the general circles. You think people on the street can name Collateral and The Soloist, or do they just know Jaime Foxx as the guy from Django? He's well-known, but not in a way that sells toys. In NWH they have relatively boring designs too. I still think they'll make Electro, but the other two... nah. A guy made of sand can be a fun 20$ figure with accessories, but 300$? That's a different ballpark. Lizard could sell, if he had a more intriguing design, was a bigger part of the movie, and could be turned into a figure without much trouble. A classic-looking Lizard with the labcoat, the snout and everything could be very cool and an instant seller. Lizard as is... eh.

We'll see. But the year is too packed to be doing figures like Sandman. If Hawkeye's not even announced yet, if Eternals goes by without an Ikaris, and by March we're in Moon Knight/Batman territory, with Doctor Strange, Thor 4, BP2 and Kenobi on the horizon, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything but the essentials.
The clear counter argument to that is King Shark. $220 for a fat power pose figure. You don't need any tailoring nor really any accessories. Dude made of sand and a Lizard guy. The very weird counter argument to that is friggin Carnage. $445 for an all mold figure. He does have a ton of accessories however and IS SLENDERMAN TALL.

These are Spidey villains and Spidey leads the merch sales. Unload that movie cause it is like the 6th or 5th most grossing movie of all time. There is enough room this year to get them in.

Those things and also we can already tell from the teaser image that the tailoring and fit of the clothing is going to be night and day. Even in their own promotional images, the toys-era figure looked like three toddlers stacked ontop of one another in their dad's oversized trenchcoats.

View attachment 558152
View attachment 558154
Green Goblin was pretty good. This figure just looks bad period. Can't believe the lack of tailoring on that figure.

The clear counter argument to that is King Shark. $220 for a fat power pose figure. You don't need any tailoring nor really any accessories. Dude made of sand and a Lizard guy. The very weird counter argument to that is friggin Carnage. $445 for an all mold figure. He does have a ton of accessories however and IS SLENDERMAN TALL.

These are Spidey villains and Spidey leads the merch sales. Unload that movie cause it is like the 6th or 5th most grossing movie of all time. There is enough room this year to get them in.
I've thought the Venom body and skin material would be a great fit for a Lizard figure, right down to offering two different magnetized heads with different expressions. But I agree with darthkostis that I'm not interested in a naked Lizard figure as he appeared in the film. The shredded labcoat look is way more interesting and classic.

I've thought the Venom body and skin material would be a great fit for a Lizard figure, right down to offering two different magnetized heads with different expressions. But I agree with darthkostis that I'm not interested in a naked Lizard figure as he appeared in the film. The shredded labcoat look is way more interesting and classic.
Agreed on the classic look. I'd hope someone could make the lab coat and pants to enhance the figure for me.

Eh, I don't know, Spider-Man himself is an icon. Some of his villains move merch as well. But characters like Sandman, Lizard, Shocker and so on and so forth, need a breakout incarnation or design. I just don't see them being automatic locks and sellers going merely by brand name recognition. They could make some glorified statues though, like King Shark.

As for there being enough room, I don't think so. If HT announces a figure every week of the year, that gives us ~50 figures. During CNY they take a break. Sometimes they put up two figures up for PO instead of one in a single week. So the number still hovers around that. Now, if we look at what's releasing this year, we have:
  1. Batman
  2. Moon Knight
  3. Kenobi
  4. Thor 4
  5. Black Panther 2
  6. Andor
  7. Black Adam
  8. Flash
  9. She-Hulk
  10. Doctor Strange 2
  11. Mandalorian S3
Boba's not finisher yet, and they still haven't unveiled the Hawkeye figures or even put up Doc Ock up for PO, not to mention the Spider-Men. Getting to 50 figures from that lineup, not counting them revisiting a figure or making a random PT/OT/ST SW figure because they felt like it, is very easy. HT skipped a TSS Harley, I'm not sure doing a Lizard and a Sandman is on their list of high priorities. Insomniac SM did gangbusters, but they're still just making the Spider-Suits and have not attempted a single villain. They make random Arkham figures, but haven't done any villain beyond the Joker, and Batman's villains are even bigger money-makers than Spider-Man's.

They could still happen, in that Power Pose line maybe, but I'd not hold my breath.

Back