1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Doc has finally arrived. As expected: "Meh."

However, the accessories are worth it. I do have a lot of 1/6 tools and pens etc, so might add to it, if needed.

The suit can be futzed easily to look less baggy.

I need to figure out how to remove the box insert with the plutonium vials without damaging it. Seems as though it's a clear acrylic piece glued to a cardboard lip inside. I want to remake the box on my 3D printer, but the vials are a problem recreating them well with being clear acrylic. If I can't remove them from the HT cardboard crud version, I'll have to remake them too. Probably acrylic rod, but it's gonna be a pain.

Sculpt can go do one. Not talking about that anymore. Needs a replacement.

I have not bought a Hot Toys figure for a year or two. The thing that surprised me was how cheap the box is. They used to do such solid boxes. I'll have to look at my 1st version Marty, but assume it's the same. HT cutting more corners but still inflating prices.

I really don’t have a problem with the plutonium case being cardboard if I’m honest. Would a hard plastic piece been nice? Sure, but it isn’t as though what we were given is going to crumble to pieces. It’s pretty sturdy and from the shelf you can’t really tell it’s cardboard anyways.

Got the fig. I got to say in person the sculpt is not that bad

c5fuFTU.jpg

quRjW4Y.jpg

TSPcTdG.jpg

:lol

I really don’t have a problem with the plutonium case being cardboard if I’m honest. Would a hard plastic piece been nice? Sure, but it isn’t as though what we were given is going to crumble to pieces. It’s pretty sturdy and from the shelf you can’t really tell it’s cardboard anyways.
That's where we disagree - the thing has cardboard fold lines in the front face. Worst place for them. Looks blinkin' terrible. For me, it's got nothing to do with how sturdy it is :lol But, each to their own. As long as you're happy. . .

That's where we disagree - the thing has cardboard fold lines in the front face. Worst place for them. Looks blinkin' terrible. For me, it's got nothing to do with how sturdy it is :lol But, each to their own. As long as you're happy. . .
Well as just a piece that’s going to sit on the shelf and kind of in the background it serves its purpose. I get what you’re saying and the complaint though.

Well as just a piece that’s going to sit on the shelf and kind of in the background it serves its purpose. I get what you’re saying and the complaint though.
Yeah, for you it's not an important item. I can understand that, as it's only in the film briefly. For me, it's a key prop (I also collect actual props, so maybe that's why I like it) that represents an important moment - a catalyst - that not only powers the DeLorean, but kicks off Doc's *death. Then without the plutonium in 1955, they need lightning. I just want to give the prop justice and put it front-and-center.

I know were all fond of taking our favourite Hot Toy figures in the bath with us :exactly: , Just remember to not take the Plu case in the bath with you. :horror
It's got nothing to do with what it's made of :lol It looks terrible.

Yeah tbh I left mine in the box.
There's a demand for replacements, because Corrose had a load of recent orders.

I'm going to print mine, but I found another place that does the case, and Doc's dogs. Can't seem to find a good 3D file for a Catalan Sheepdog.

Yeah, for you it's not an important item. I can understand that, as it's only in the film briefly. For me, it's a key prop (I also collect actual props, so maybe that's why I like it) that represents an important moment - a catalyst - that not only powers the DeLorean, but kicks off Doc's *death. Then without the plutonium in 1955, they need lightning. I just want to give the prop justice and put it front-and-center.
Well it’s important enough that I shelled out the extra money for it. :lol I like having it but it’s just display filler. I dunno I’ve been pretty forgiving of this line even though it could be a lot better.

I love the Back to the Future Trilogy and always wanted figures of it as a kid. When I got into collecting sixth scale I never thought we’d see official figures so having anything from Hot Toys is cool to me.

Well it’s important enough that I shelled out the extra money for it. :lol I like having it but it’s just display filler. I dunno I’ve been pretty forgiving of this line even though it could be a lot better.

I love the Back to the Future Trilogy and always wanted figures of it as a kid. When I got into collecting sixth scale I never thought we’d see official figures so having anything from Hot Toys is cool to me.
My HT DeLorean has been in bits for the last 6 years. I'm finally going to get around to modding it. I now have a resin printer, and access to some very good files, so I can do the time circuits and other parts. I rolled my eyes when I saw that the PTII version now has those lighting up. Anyway, I'm in for some fun times. Just wanted to start with the case and move on to the DeLorean and all its new Raspberry PI electronics.

Back