1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone rooted the HT one? How does that look?
A-ma-ZING

F77C60C0-40F3-478F-B9D9-1FA88B2B790D.jpeg

Yeaaah....

I'm still tempted to root my HT sculpt just to see what it might look like. But with Dean already starting on his own Part 2 Doc I'll probably just get that one instead. Since it does the same expression a whole lot better.

View attachment 622193
That‘s the worried Doc expression right there!
HT attempt looks more like a shot by the Libyans expression.
Great to see Dean providing great alternatives!

I think that's a good compromise for a budget one. Agree about the eyes though.

Like I say: I agree with Dave about the cartoon eyes, but the whole sculpt looks pretty cartoony. Kinda wish they'd steered away from the surprised look. Just don't hold it next to Dean's sculpt, only the HT one, and it's all good :lol

Totally disappointed. That nose is terrible, overall looks like a cartoonish version. Also the sculpt is way too soft. Reminds me of Headplay.
Yeah why does the nose look off straight? Could do with a bit of a paint app, to make it look older, if this is Doc from Part I ?
Another Doc sculpt is much welcomed.

Problem is, most people on Kit's FB page are gushing, offering to sell a kidney to buy it, throwing cash memes . . . And even though he's asking for feedback, all the inevitable stupid "Is this up for PO?", "Where can I buy?", "Yes please", "Need it", "Put me down for one", "Seriously is this for sale?" comments are flooding in.

*SIGH*

So I can only hope some of the constructive critisism still gets through all the idiocracy.

People are gushing to buy it not because it’s awesome but because hot toys repeatedly decides to absolutely half ass and drop the ball on this beloved character so bad that almost anything is better and people are desperate.

Let him release it and let the demand go up. It’s not like this character is going to be a John wick or joker. Whatever gets done the more the merrier

Aside from Dean’s and this one, there’s also another attempt to get Doc off the ground by a star talent… BTTF has been neglected for far too long

People are gushing to buy it not because it’s awesome but because hot toys repeatedly decides to absolutely half ass and drop the ball on this beloved character so bad that almost anything is better and people are desperate.

Let him release it and let the demand go up. It’s not like this character is going to be a John wick or joker. Whatever gets done the more the merrier

Aside from Dean’s and this one, there’s also another attempt to get Doc off the ground by a star talent… BTTF has been neglected for far too long
Agreed. That has a lot to do with it imo.

I like that there's another option, but I can't help thinking that I'm going to wake up one night and I'll look over and see him staring into my soul. Not sure how comfortable I am with that...

Back