1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First - thanks to all for the love on this sculpt!

The sideburns will not be on the bald version. I will have pics of the bald head probably tomorrow. I am working on sizing but I still want to get a bald one printed to show you guys how it will look.
You’ve done an amazing job. Thanks for doing it.

Only reason I’m on the fence is purely financial because of getting it to the UK etc, but I will see if I can get enough up to purchase next year. I don’t see anyone beating this sculpt, but I may have to settle for a budget one until I can nab this.

Rewatched the movie and I don't think the "baggy" suit is as bad as some made it out to be. You can even see in the film that it was baggy too, it looks much better and more fit when you have the belt and all the accessories attached.
You are right about the belt but what I said previously was that it looked like it had been ironed by his mum and I stand by that. There is significant creasing in the film suit and almost none in the figure. It’s not hard to create creases in a suit like that, just leave it in a steam room!

452A7258-9558-41E2-96E4-EF70EA122A30.jpeg

5F42EEEB-875C-4241-825E-44EA11596534.jpeg

Looks like that scaled down fabric is too thick. HT did something similar with SW Leia. I invested in a Yunsil dress that's made of very fine fabric that flows properly, but it didn't come cheap.

I can't remember what figure it was, but it had a similar issue with baggy clothes.

Someone scrunched all the fabric at the back of the figure and used a clothes peg to hold it in place.

Looked great from the front :lol

Try treating the hazmat suit with water, a bit of hairspray, and either air dry, or blow dryer to set wrinkles

figure is just ok. disappointed by the reused head sculpt and glasses holes, and jumpsuit takes some messing around to make it look less puffy. still happy to finally have a Doc to go alongside a first-gen Marty.

P1266172.jpg

P1266174.jpg

Any thoughts on where I could find some 1/6 welding goggles to put on Doc? these aren't quite it: Monkey Depot - Goggles: DiD German U-Boat Goggles

Back