1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly.
I have POd Marty because I was forced to sell my PTI version during Covid due to cash issues. And several times I’ve floated the idea of selling my PTI Delorean, with no takers.
I haven’t POd Doc yet as there’s going to be a bit of a wait.
But even with this portrait I will get him as this is my fave look for him. Here’s hoping the change the headsculpt.
What is PTI? Part 1?

I am def getting this Doc as well. I just hope the give us something different and accurate.

Last edited:
I don't get it, a two year wait for an old sculpt? Maybe the costume and accessories take time to make? Or HT's priority is Marvel stuff, so old Doc is the basement being put together one at a time by Sloth from Goonies.

just looked at the list of accessories, what's Doc been up to in his spare time...
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 3.33.12 PM.png

PointedConcernedBeagle-size_restricted.gif

It's September 2021, an early 2023 release isn't that crazy to me. It's about a year and a half which is pretty much par these days.

All of Doc’s accessories do seem new, so I am sure they could be newly molded. That is my assumption. And hopefully the 2023 release is due to them intending on revising the headsculpt, because the original came out in 2017. I can understand them reusing heads for figs like Iron Man and such where they are pumping them out, but they only have 1 Doc. No need to use the same exact head on the only 2 releases of this character. Expression is fine, but age him up.

All of Doc’s accessories do seem new, so I am sure they could be newly molded. That is my assumption. And hopefully the 2023 release is due to them intending on revising the headsculpt, because the original came out in 2017. I can understand them reusing heads for figs like Iron Man and such where they are pumping them out, but they only have 1 Doc. No need to use the same exact head on the only 2 releases of this character. Expression is fine, but age him up.

A 6 year head sculpt.... nice. :lol

You know what...
Here in France Doc is up for Preorder at 329€ ( 388$)...o_O
Seriously??? The joke!
So here we could expect the Delorean for almost 1K...
The good point is that puts me far away from this line...

You know what...
Here in France Doc is up for Preorder at 329€ ( 388$)...o_O
Seriously??? The joke!
So here we could expect the Delorean for almost 1K...
The good point is that puts me far away from this line...
Crazy ordering at local places in this game imo......

Maybe if the new BTTF figs sell well, we can get a Biff? A 1955 Biff from part I and from part II the Biff from alternate 1985, when Biff has become a millionaire thanks to the Sports Almanac.

Oh and while were at it, a part III Marty from 1885 + Doc & Mad Dog Tannen.

Maybe if the new BTTF figs sell well, we can get a Biff? A 1955 Biff from part I and from part II the Biff from alternate 1985, when Biff has become a millionaire thanks to the Sports Almanac.

Oh and while were at it, a part III Marty from 1885 + Doc & Mad Dog Tannen.
As I would lobe a Biff, I think there is 0% chance that would happen unless they go with the alternate 1985 old version since he can “kind of” display with them. I think you would see a Griff happen first due to the Part 2 Marty already existing and can display together.

Hot Toys will probably just stick with Doc and Marty as they will sell the easiest. I think them doing Biff and Griff as cosbabies is the most we will see. It took how many years for a Part 1 Doc lol. I sould be surprised with other characters. Maybe they will release the figures they scrapped a few years back.

You mean SS doesn't let them have many. You know SS severely limit the number sub-suppliers can reserve.
Same difference. Just trying to say - don’t get excited as if BBTS selling out means that this line is flying off the virtual shelves.

I guess there’s probably a fair few of us hoping that good PO sales will result in a DeLorean rerelease and are looking for that evidence but BBTS selling out isn’t a solid indicator.
It just means that a handful of people prefer to buy from there over sideshow.

Same difference. Just trying to say - don’t get excited as if BBTS selling out means that this line is flying off the virtual shelves.

I guess there’s probably a fair few of us hoping that good PO sales will result in a DeLorean rerelease and are looking for that evidence but BBTS selling out isn’t a solid indicator.
It just means that a handful of people prefer to buy from there over sideshow.
Exactly. Some people choose to get from BBTS because of their shipping rates and customer service. One could argue due to their shipping and default “double boxing” you are spending the same, if not even a little less that SS.

They seem to always get in a small number of each item. Almost every new HT fig will sell out of a preorder on BBTS at some point. Another thing to consider is that BBTS does ship worldwide, so that is another factor as to why it did sell out. Some buyers just simply to have easy access to HT figures.

If you read closely on the Sideshow web site it states Marty as "newly developed head sculpt" whilst for Doc it merely states "newly painted"...so we are getting the same head sculpt from 2017 Doc...

Back