1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are we calling Stark a hypocrite? The Tony in IM is completely different from post-CW Tony. It's part of his character development. Pretty sure we all have heard that one.

I think I've talked enough about this, but I didn't mean it as pejoratively as it may be taken. I think a little hypocrisy is part of an inconsistency which is consistent with the complexities of being human. Yes, there is character development in Tony, but there also is continued and increasing brokenness in his character too - and that is alright and makes him far more interesting.

I'll be pissed if this ends of being the end suit :gah:

It very well could be.

Or he could get the Stark suit back, but (depending on how that's done) that could be anti-climatic to the narrative. After proving himself on his own, and becoming his own man, why go back? (narrativelly speaking - regardless of if the suit looks cooler) Perhaps there will be a third suit in the very end, a better one he makes himself; perhaps with the help of Stark's resources, but a suit he still makes himself which comes from who he discovered he is. Again, this is just speculation and I'm not advocating for this, but the early signs are that this might be a story of a kid trying to find his own identity (a "homecoming") and they seemed to be using the costume as a prop and metaphor for this journey. With that in mind, it makes sense that there could be a costume which represents who Peter has discovered himself to be beyond his insecurities (homemade suit) and external expectations of someone he looks up to (the Stark suit) and after a trial where he learns to put off those 'false selves' he creates a costume which will symbolize the hero he is and has become without needing to find his identity in the wardrobe (literally and symbolically) of Tony Stark.

Now the tricky thing about this is that they did such a great job with the civil war costume, if there is a third costume it has to be better. That might be challenging. Perhaps Peter will end up with a variation without all the stark bells and whistles. No crazy over the top high tech spidey tracers, no adjustable fitting features, no wings that actually make one glide, and maybe no black strips on shoulders and arms so as to appear even more true to the comics.

It very well could be.

Or he could get the Stark suit back, but (depending on how that's done) that could be anti-climatic to the narrative. After proving himself on his own, and becoming his own man, why go back? (narrativelly speaking - regardless of if the suit looks cooler) Perhaps there will be a third suit in the very end, a better one he makes himself; perhaps with the help of Stark's resources, but a suit he still makes himself which comes from who he discovered he is. Again, this is just speculation and I'm not advocating for this, but the early signs are that this might be a story of a kid trying to find his own identity (a "homecoming") and they seemed to be using the costume as a prop and metaphor for this journey. With that in mind, it makes sense that there could be a costume which represents who Peter has discovered himself to be beyond his insecurities (homemade suit) and external expectations of someone he looks up to (the Stark suit) and after a trial where he learns to put off those 'false selves' he creates a costume which will symbolize the hero he is and has become without needing to find his identity in the wardrobe (literally and symbolically) of Tony Stark.

Now the tricky thing about this is that they did such a great job with the civil war costume, if there is a third costume it has to be better. That might be challenging. Perhaps Peter will end up with a variation without all the stark bells and whistles. No crazy over the top high tech spidey tracers, no adjustable fitting features, no wings that actually make one glide, and maybe no black strips on shoulders and arms so as to appear even more true to the comics.

Good point..maybe the final scene will be a completely new suit reveal because I can't see that HM suit carrying over to other movies even with those who love the Scarlet Spider look.

How many people would mark out if Peter in the end reveals a new Black suit design :wink1:

I think I've talked enough about this, but I didn't mean it as pejoratively as it may be taken. I think a little hypocrisy is part of an inconsistency which is consistent with the complexities of being human. Yes, there is character development in Tony, but there also is continued and increasing brokenness in his character too - and that is alright and makes him far more interesting.
Definitely agree with you. People don't change that much but he starting to become more stern like his father.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I could see him making his own traditional suit at the end to show he's independent. Without the black ****.

I agree with this. I can see Peter coming out stronger at the end and making his own suit proving he is the Spidey he wants to be. Or some moral like that.

I agree with this. I can see Peter coming out stronger at the end and making his own suit proving he is the Spidey he wants to be. Or some moral like that.

Yeah that will probably be the case this is the first solo film for Spidey in the MCU universe so it has to be red and blue with webs. It just wouldn't be Spidey without that would it .

Sold out one hour after release of the new trailer. :lol

:lol I'm glad I ordered before posting

No, homemade is mark 1
Appears tony took mark2
And he went back to mark 1

latest

I thought there were little changes to the homemade suit like how the eyes move compared to the homemade suit The showed in civil war

It seems like those were more design from film to film but I wouldn't be shocked if after getting the suit Peter didn't tinker with it.

Or he could get the Stark suit back, but (depending on how that's done) that could be anti-climatic to the narrative. After proving himself on his own, and becoming his own man, why go back? (narrativelly speaking - regardless of if the suit looks cooler) Perhaps there will be a third suit in the very end, a better one he makes himself; perhaps with the help of Stark's resources, but a suit he still makes himself which comes from who he discovered he is.

My guess is after the suit is taken he still suits up in the homemade suit, fights the Vulture, proves his worth and then still loses. The scene we saw all the way back when they were teasing where Happy hands him the suit is probably the re-gifting of the suit and the team up to take out Vulture. I wouldn't be shocked if Tony didn't do a whole "Go get him kid, I'll handle these lackeys" kind of thing and he fights the Vulture alone. Showing him believing in Peter.

Black Suit!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If there was ever a time to do it, it'd be in Infinity War.

Weirdly enough, I checked what was available with the March code and this came up. I'm surprised something so new was available so quickly.

I ordered the R2 SDCC Exclusive and it was a St. Patrick's Day styled code on the box it came in.

The codes that come on the shipper boxes are unique codes that can only be used once. Good thing is they can be used on anything.

When I saw this up for preorder on SSC, it took me about 3 seconds to pass on it. After reading this thread, it got me thinking about the before/after with the Home-coming and final version of the Spidersuit. So I went over to SSC with the intent to use my $20.00 off code for this figure. Then I saw Shadaloo Cammy and preordered Shadaloo Cammy. Thanks guys. :yess:

Back