1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abit late but just pre ordered this with loontentoys on ebay. Was the best price I can find on these. Can't wait to get it!

French guy's review is up: https://youtu.be/1X4nM2rM47w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. The chest RT and eyes look amazing lit up. It's always hard to tell with all these heavily edited photos (which I do enjoy, but don't necessarily convey to me what the figure truly looks like).

Hopefully aftermarket prices don't skyrocket. I plan to own either this or the Mk1. Will make my decision based on whether I want my Mk6 or Mk46 paired up once I have those in hand.

3120493aa7122aade77cf156574ffba2.jpg

Does anyone know if Mk I and Mk III are the same height?

It's phenomenal that this has the same hinged shoulder pad armor design as the mk1. Im really hoping we see this one every diecast armor moving forward. Its such a great design. Fingers crossed is on the DC VI and V

Oh my god this figure looks amazing in that video. And the lights are great! Really captures the look from the film.

I think they got everything right with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for the Mark III after passing up the Mark I. A huge improvement over the early pre-production photos in my opinion. I'm glad I was able to get a pre-order with SSC when they did a second round of them back in January. He went to waitlist again shortly after if I recall.

Dang, I was only going to get one War Machine - the Diecast I. If I weren't planning on getting the Diecast VI, I'd be tempted to get this one as well. The finally got the LEDs right.

Here my vid review:

It starts to grow on me the more i "play" with it. Right out of the box the "boom" effect was def lacking, as pointed out earlier somewhere in this post the prototype photos looked a bit more natural posed which is not that easy with the final product. Especially the arm articulation lacks in some parts (no turn at elbow which results in some awkard arm positions when have him in shooting poses). The shoulder pads are very moveable, so at least it's easy to hide the uncanny gap between toros and arm.
Some photos:

9.jpg

20.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

6.jpg

and lots more on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2017/03/hot-toys-war-machine-mark-iii-cacivil.html

God, I did not want to buy this until I had seen him in Infinity War, but the more and more I see I just cannot fight the urge!

It seriously looks amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Here my vid review:

It starts to grow on me the more i "play" with it. Right out of the box the "boom" effect was def lacking, as pointed out earlier somewhere in this post the prototype photos looked a bit more natural posed which is not that easy with the final product. Especially the arm articulation lacks in some parts (no turn at elbow which results in some awkard arm positions when have him in shooting poses). The shoulder pads are very moveable, so at least it's easy to hide the uncanny gap between toros and arm.
Some photos:

9.jpg

20.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

6.jpg

and lots more on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2017/03/hot-toys-war-machine-mark-iii-cacivil.html

Does the face plate sit properly when the Don Cheadle head sculpt is on display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clapGreat video review xenom0rph!! :rock

I really appreciate the thorough preview of the figure, I can't wait to get this.

Looking at the awkward shoulders in some of the poses had me wondering how some of the promo and professional pics achieved what they did. Some of it is just angles but I think if you look at these two pics there might be a way to improve what you were going for...

Untitled-2.jpg

17425021_10154310847202344_2783124992318292195_n.jpg

It looks like you can rotate the ball joint in the shoulder and rotate the shoulder pad to the back. This might also allow you to push the shoulder in some more and hide some of the gap.

I'm not sure of course, because I don't have the figure, so you would know more than I after playing with it. But that might work.

Anyway, thanks again for the review, Fantastic job!!!!

Back