1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clapGreat video review xenom0rph!! :rock

I really appreciate the thorough preview of the figure, I can't wait to get this.

Looking at the awkward shoulders in some of the poses had me wondering how some of the promo and professional pics achieved what they did. Some of it is just angles but I think if you look at these two pics there might be a way to improve what you were going for...

View attachment 332272

View attachment 332259

It looks like you can rotate the ball joint in the shoulder and rotate the shoulder pad to the back. This might also allow you to push the shoulder in some more and hide some of the gap.

I'm not sure of course, because I don't have the figure, so you would know more than I after playing with it. But that might work.

Anyway, thanks again for the review, Fantastic job!!!!

The Mark1 is the same, you can rotate the ball joint to achieve a more natural look. Have the shoulder armour look correct.

:clapGreat video review xenom0rph!! :rock

It looks like you can rotate the ball joint in the shoulder and rotate the shoulder pad to the back. This might also allow you to push the shoulder in some more and hide some of the gap.

I'm not sure of course, because I don't have the figure, so you would know more than I after playing with it. But that might work.

Anyway, thanks again for the review, Fantastic job!!!!

Thank you for the nice comment and the heads up Jaymas. This is a valid point on the shoulder articulation - i'll try it out tonight after work. :) The Hong Kong blogger photos are very well done, sometimes a bit overstyled (effects added etc.) but the usually give you a good impressions of what is achievable with the articulation. Sometimes a little tilt to the front and a rotated shoulder pad can make a huge difference. Especially on a still image...I'm sure with the shoulder rotated this way it will look awkward from other perspectives, but to get a decent shot this is the way to go.

Hey xenom0rph, thanks for the great review.

In the video, you say the eyes are red, but in most of the pics they look pink like the Arc reactor. Can you verify if they are indeed red like the Mark I, or are they more pinkish?

In the video, you say the eyes are red, but in most of the pics they look pink like the Arc reactor. Can you verify if they are indeed red like the Mark I, or are they more pinkish?
Pretty sure that pinkish color is due to lighting/editing. If he said it's red, must be red.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I double checked. It's not as red as the Mark 1, def. a tint of pink in there. Which i assume is movie accurate looking at the footage.

Check a photo in natural light where i did not post-processed colors or other details:
warmachine.jpg

I received mine today ; took some quick pictures. It's a beast and it's very very [emoji41]

The only one thing I did it was trying the baton pose and I found that it is easily achievable pulling down the forearms like in the mk45. The double elbow joint now goes to 110 degrees.

82928b8a8ec974c0785f2a4e68b7142a.jpg

95f132edbde7173c3278663b56c01f8e.jpg

61aa1063e915b164bfec873d40249feb.jpg

a111024447c11ca72001ae1467bb21bb.jpg

8424381a82e93f5c3363241c456b5371.jpg

71c71dd4714e7e06046fc07f9c0b6f99.jpg

2bffa5771f1353f12f810b43453280ef.jpg

So I guess the face plate sits well on top of the helmet (when Don Cheadles head is shown) on this war machine and does not have the same issues as previous versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side by side, the War Machine Mark 1 just looks a lot more impressive. This is very cool though but I'll pass only because I know HT will create an Infinity War version but we may never see that Mark I again. My 02 cents.

Side by side, the War Machine Mark 1 just looks a lot more impressive. This is very cool though but I'll pass only because I know HT will create an Infinity War version but we may never see that Mark I again. My 02 cents.

We most likely will never see the Mark 3 again too.

Guess I'm in the minority but I think this suit blows the Mark 1 outta the water in terms of pure design. The amount of detailing on this suit is just mind-blowing to me, especially when seeing the two figures side by side. Obviously the Mark 1 is still probably the better figure with the battle damaged parts and cool base, but this is the first War Machine I ever had any interest in. I've watched Xenomorph's video like a dozen times at this point cause I'm so psyched, lol. I do also greatly prefer the look of the newer Mark 45 and 46 Iron Man suits to the older chunkier suits, full disclosure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we are blessed with 2 very amazing War Machine suits. I mean I will have both but I love the two designs for different reasons. I think the MK 1 is a tank and looks most like the original comic book suit. The MK3 is a great blend of the tech Mk2 and the bulky MK1. I'm simply a big fan of the war machine suits.

I'm really excited to display the MK3 with all of the guns a blazing and I absolutely love love that battle scarred chest piece.

51b83c49c74113322f65ce86e0ecb833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all suits can hold their own. It all depends on each person's preference.

The MkI has a first suit thing going on with all the bells and whistles still being worked on.

The MkIII shows the massive progress the suit has undertaken.

Can't really compare the two...It's like apples and oranges.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back