1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
War Machine will always have that military look since it is very much in the character and initial conception of the suit. It is cool to see the evolution of the suit.
I much prefer it over the Iron Man "SuperHero" looking colours and designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the photos, jki&Cri!

I dig how the Mk 3 looks like it's versatile, as if it could engage in both firefights and fistfights. The Mk 1 is badass but seems best kept to being a gun platform.

I love them all. I have the DC MK1, Special Edition MK1, IM4 MKII, Iron Patriot, Avengers MKII and i'm looking forward to this one. If they make a new one for IW, i will add that one to the family.

I have the Mk2. Got it back before the others were announced and was my only option. It's actually a beautiful figure, but like a lot of others in the end it doesn't feel bulky enough to represent War Machine; especially if you just want one representation. So I knew I would get either the MK1 or Mk3 when announced and sell my Mk2 (this will be the first time I ever have sold a HT figure).

I chose the MK3 over the MK1. It was a very difficult decision and took the Mk3 being waitlisted (the first time) for me to know which one I wanted. I got on the list, and it converted (then went back up for pre-order for a long time before waitlisting again- lol).

I like the MK1, I like the more classic comic look too, but in the end I felt the MK3 still had enough of that bulky tank feel and would look better with the my other Marvel HT figures. I thought the MK1 would look great by himself or with the IM MKVI (which I have pre-ordered), but I wasn't likely going to display him like that. The Mk3 feels like a finished product, ready to be an Avenger with the rest of them. It may not effect the look of the figure but something about the MK1 (according to the narrative of the movie) being a bunch of Hammer Tech built over top the IM MK2 also was hard to forget. The "Ex-Wife Missile" looks cool, but... ":lol Hammer Tech". My usual MO is to try to get the figure which reminds me most of the comics. I think it could be argued that that would be the MK1 when it comes to War Machine. Again, this was a very difficult choice, but in the end I felt I liked the MK3 better and it I think it still captures enough of that classic comic feel.

I don't think there is a wrong choice between any of these versions, even the MK2 (again, that is a beautiful figure too). But I can't wait for the Mk3 to arrive. I love how armed to the tooth the figure is while also being both bulky and modern. I also love the little details like the kill tallies, the Air Force symbol on the shoulder (even if not accurate) and "Col James Rhodes" printed on the armor as well.

Yeah, I'm almost certain this will be my favorite war machine armor. But all three together will look awesome.

So this arrived today after being stuck in customs a few days. Feels just as heavy as the MKI and the detail on this guy is amazing. The proportions of this guy are perfect.
Here's some pics I quickly snapped, enjoy!

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

Fantastic pics Yoshi!!!!!

Love the comparison pics too. I think the Mk3 holds his own next to the MK1

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

Yoshi, many thanks for the pics!

How does the color of the Mk II compare to the Mk III? Are they the same or is the Mk II lighter?

Yoshi, many thanks for the pics!

How does the color of the Mk II compare to the Mk III? Are they the same or is the Mk II lighter?

No problem! The MKII has more of a glossy look compared to the MKIII's matte finish but the colours are pretty much the same.

So this arrived today after being stuck in customs a few days. Feels just as heavy as the MKI and the detail on this guy is amazing. The proportions of this guy are perfect.

View attachment 333250

To me, you can see the similarities in Mark II and III when they are side by side. III looks like it basically is a II or steroids

The design is great!!! Although I prefer the I, the III looks like a monster!
The only problem I have with the figure, and it's a small nit... more of a disappointment... is that most of the weapons are clip-on. One of the things I love about the Mark I diecast figure, is that everything is integrated. Fewer weapons to have to integrate, but I had hoped the majority of the weapons on the Mark III articulated out of the suit...

But that's a small nit, considering how good the figure looks!!!

Amazing Yoshi!

I cannot wait to have the 3. The War Machines displayed together looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the first comparison pic with the MK II, I though "oh, that's not so much difference in height/size"

Then the side profile picture kinda sealed the deal for me. I need to get rid of my MK II and get this one

Back