1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not holding my breath that this will come out ahead of schedule. Think of how quick this figure is released compared to the preorder to potential release dates of the Mark 6 or 46. But I would assume around late November, early December.
I am really lucky because I should be getting my Mark 1 WM, TFA Chewbacca and this figure all around the same time period. EARLY XMAS haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if all of it. A waitlist only converts when a current order is cancelled. That can happen for a variety of reasons. The large number of orders canned is when some type of payment is due. If that be a flex payment (5th, 15th, 25th ect are dates those charge and then a few days to a week for processing) that's declined for nsf or expired card or what not. Then when nrd is actually taken (obviously past that point with this figure but just trying to explain when 95% of waitlist orders convert and why) or charged which is up to 48 hours after an order is placed. This usually happens early on in the figure being up for sale cycle. Then you have the largest group which is when the figure is released and about to (or is) charged in full or final flexs are due. For many reasons which really don't matter to this topic once a figure is going to charge there are on average 10% cancelled. That's when you are most likely to see waitlist conversions. (A few also happen when a figure gets in hand pics/review and some cancel then)

So some will/have converted already and there will be more. Hope that helps

Appreciate that. I figure I won't hold my breath for a conversion, but keeping fingers crossed otherwise.

I'm confident my waitlist will convert on this ... jumped on day 1 like I did with bvs Bats and that worked out fine. I just hope this comes out really late because my December is chock full of figure payments ha

I'm confident my waitlist will convert on this ... jumped on day 1 like I did with bvs Bats and that worked out fine. I just hope this comes out really late because my December is chock full of figure payments ha

I'm surprised that so many people cancel and lose their deposit.

I still think that people should preorder things that they're iffy on at BBTS. That way, you won't lose your deposit if you cancel.. And if you decide to definitely get it and want it sooner, you can cancel and order from sideshow. Except for exclusives, that obviously wouldn't work.

I'm surprised that so many people cancel and lose their deposit.

I still think that people should preorder things that they're iffy on at BBTS. That way, you won't lose your deposit if you cancel.. And if you decide to definitely get it and want it sooner, you can cancel and order from sideshow. Except for exclusives, that obviously wouldn't work.

You post shows why all these companies need to put NRD on all these figures. Amazing how some people just casually order and cancel figures.

You post shows why all these companies need to put NRD on all these figures. Amazing how some people just casually order and cancel figures.

I think you meant to type "your".

There aren't very many sites that require a deposit.. Sideshow is the only one I know of.

I don't see the harm in it. There are so many factors involved in preordering something, ESPECIALLY since there's rarely a concrete release date. Things happen to people and sometimes they just can't afford to keep the preorder. Putting a deposit down is just another kick in the pants for someone in that situation.

I doubt the cancelled preorders make that much of a difference in the long run.

I think you meant to type "your".

There aren't very many sites that require a deposit.. Sideshow is the only one I know of.

I don't see the harm in it. There are so many factors involved in preordering something, ESPECIALLY since there's rarely a concrete release date. Things happen to people and sometimes they just can't afford to keep the preorder. Putting a deposit down is just another kick in the pants for someone in that situation.

I doubt the cancelled preorders make that much of a difference in the long run.

It makes enough of a difference for Sideshow to put NRD these figures. I am aware that there are entitled people who think they should be allowed to do whatever they please regardless of how it affects anyone else

It makes enough of a difference for Sideshow to put NRD these figures. I am aware that there are entitled people who think they should be allowed to do whatever they please regardless of how it affects anyone else

If it was that big of deal, more companies would require deposits.. But from what I've seen more and more companies are moving away from that model.

They're trying to attract customers.. A free preorder is more attractive than one that requires money upfront.

Also.. BBTS occasionally requires a deposit on the more pricy items they sell.

I think the difference made is minimal. We've deadpools that have been cancelled from BBTS, and waitlisted items that will convert for some people at sideshow. So, clearly a $20-$30 deposit isn't even enough for some people to go through with the purchase.

This is a buyers driven market.. It's best to appeal to them. Even if they cancel an order, that doesn't mean they'll stop shopping at that place..

Neither of these businesses seem to be dying because of their preorder practices, so, it can't be that bad.

Sideshow has way way more orders then bbts. They supply bbts with every figure they get
As well.

Not everyone is moving away from deposits. From what I've seen it's the opposite. Sideshow didn't used to have them. Neither did bbts. Then they did it occasionally. Now ssc does it on all hot toys. If there wasn't a need for it they wouldn't do it. But just look at the numbers on this site of people who PO and then cancel a figure. If a figure doesn't seek out then each time that happens is lost revenue.(without the deposits it would be) if a figure doesn't sell out then it discounted. There are at least a handful of people that post here they cancel a Po every time a figure released. That's hundreds of dollars in loss. And that's just a small percentage of the total customer base.

Sideshow has way way more orders then bbts. They supply bbts with every figure they get
As well.

Not everyone is moving away from deposits. From what I've seen it's the opposite. Sideshow didn't used to have them. Neither did bbts. Then they did it occasionally. Now ssc does it on all hot toys. If there wasn't a need for it they wouldn't do it. But just look at the numbers on this site of people who PO and then cancel a figure. If a figure doesn't seek out then each time that happens is lost revenue.(without the deposits it would be) if a figure doesn't sell out then it discounted. There are at least a handful of people that post here they cancel a Po every time a figure released. That's hundreds of dollars in loss. And that's just a small percentage of the total customer base.

Like I said, BBTS only requires it on really expensive items.. Things like $500 and over.

Also, overseas sites have moved away from putting money down on a preorder.

When it comes down to it, if someone can't afford something when it's released, it doesn't matter if they lose their $20-$30 deposit.

You're acting like if people don't preorder something, it won't sell. That's just not true. There are plenty of people who will buy things after they've been released.

Items that are popular are going to sell out. Look at the mark 43 over at BBTS.. It was in stock for a while, but eventually sold out because it's popular. And deadpool is very popular, so, it doesn't matter if someone cancels because there are plenty of people who will jump on it immediately.

If an item isn't all that popular, it won't matter how many preorders it gets, it'll eventually go on clearance or go on sale.

Lastly.. If you're numbers are correct and sideshow sells a ton of figures then 20 or so cancelled preorders aren't going to be a big deal.

I purchase mine off of eBay, since I would end up paying more thru SS via shipping (live in [emoji1063]). It would be cool
To have the Flex pay option, but I like to save and put my money down all at once for a figure I want to buy/pre-order.

Back to the figure...can't wait!

I purchase mine off of eBay, since I would end up paying more thru SS via shipping (live in [emoji1063]). It would be cool
To have the Flex pay option, but I like to save and put my money down all at once for a figure I want to buy/pre-order.

I too would prefer to pay in full upfront. That way I don't have to worry about it and make sure I have the money when the mystery time of its arrival comes about.

Yeah, back to the figure. I hope it gets released soon, but I doubt it.

I too would prefer to pay in full upfront. That way I don't have to worry about it and make sure I have the money when the mystery time of its arrival comes about.

Yeah, back to the figure. I hope it gets released soon, but I doubt it.

Can't you pay via PayPal to do that? Or even just call customer service, I'm sure they'd be happy to take the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just did it for CW Falcon, felt great.

PayPal Credit. You have 6 months to pay, no interest. I usually do that with eBay purchases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When did this first have the waitlist status? October 20th? That's the first day I see posted here after October 6th. I got on the waitlist on October 23rd - hope that's not too late.

Back