1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy primarily from BBTS, they have great customer service, no NRD, cheap shipping and double box. I only go SS if it's an exclusive I really want

I buy primarily from BBTS, they have great customer service, no NRD, cheap shipping and double box. I only go SS if it's an exclusive I really want

I like having flex pay with Sideshow.

I like having flex pay with Sideshow.

Me as well, which is probably why so many prefer Sideshow. At BBTS, you can reserve the figure, but then you have to remember to keep that much saved back when the product suddenly becomes available. With a payment plan at Sideshow, there are usually no surprises and it makes acquiring these figures so much more doable - often with several figures on flex pay. Since 2013-2014, I have acquired 47 mostly 1/6 scale figures using the flexpay option.

I use 0 apr credit cards as my flex or buy figs outright plus I have to pay state tax using SS so I try not to use them too often.

Just curious about flex pay.. Is it possible to pay all of it off earlier than scheduled?

Just curious about flex pay.. Is it possible to pay all of it off earlier than scheduled?

Yes, it is. With their new options, it can be done directly from the site as long as your orders are not locked for processing payments when transactions go through each month. This leaves it open for early payoff most of the time. I've done it a few times - usually when I have only one payment left.

I have never done it for items that are not in stock yet, though I assume it probably works the same way.

I have bought mostly from Sideshow, and mostly because customer service has really come through for me in the past when there has been a rare occasions there was a problem with a figure. Also because I think the reward points add up.

Yeah the rewards points do add up. I'm under a year I've gotten nearly two full figures free. And the price difference between bbts and sideshow is not nearly that much. Last fall I ordered Wonder Woman with reward points and I'm back up to like 350usd in reward already. I spend more then most people but it even if you buy a couple figures a year it makes it worth it. Nrd thing is meaningless to me, I only order when I know I'm buying something and the nrd just comes off the cost so unless you cancel an order it doesn't actually cost you anything. So that part isn't an issue for me.

As for paying off flex early you can elect to do that at any time. It just converts to a full pay order with credit for what you have already paid and when they have it in stock they charge the remaining balance and ship it.

(And if you flex and cancel you get all your money back every time unless there is an nrd in which case you lose just that. I've seen many people think if you flex and cancel you lose what you paid and that's not the case...just FYI for anyone that didn't know)

9c6ec5aa2f5992980d311ac9ccb889b0.jpg

Just started a diversion away from everyone's purchasing options haha.

The Stark sonic cannon! Pretty cool weapon...I guess HT will skip on it. Would have been one more in the many weapon options we'd have with the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watching this awesomeness on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/CzD0tvJaReE

Wish Marvel would have done a War Machine solo movie. Maybe they tabled it and Cheadle wasn't down, but I doubt that.
Could have focussed on his military missions and maybe could have fought the Titanium Man or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9c6ec5aa2f5992980d311ac9ccb889b0.jpg

Just started a diversion away from everyone's purchasing options haha.

The Stark sonic cannon! Pretty cool weapon...I guess HT will skip on it. Would have been one more in the many weapon options we'd have with the figure.

Yea, seems like it could have been easy to do with just a snap on piece on the gauntlet. But, I am not complaining after the major update they already did :)

Just watching this awesomeness on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/CzD0tvJaReE

Wish Marvel would have done a War Machine solo movie. Maybe they tabled it and Cheadle wasn't down, but I doubt that.
Could have focussed on his military missions and maybe could have fought the Titanium Man or something.

Actually, I'd love to see Rhodey to take over for Iron Man for a time while Stark completely loses everything. What can I say, I was a comic fan in the 80s.

As soon as this is in stock at Sideshow is when they send out waitlist conversion notices, correct? - but only after some orders are declined or unfulfilled? Or do some even get converted prior to the product's arrival at Sideshow? Man, that could be a long wait.

I don't mind the wait. Need to recoup some funds LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah.. That's how I felt a few weeks ago.. But now I'm caught up and ready for more lol.
Maybe batch 2 of deadpools will get to sideshow sooner than I expect so it can quench my thirst. But I doubt it.

As soon as this is in stock at Sideshow is when they send out waitlist conversion notices, correct? - but only after some orders are declined or unfulfilled? Or do some even get converted prior to the product's arrival at Sideshow? Man, that could be a long wait.

But if all of it. A waitlist only converts when a current order is cancelled. That can happen for a variety of reasons. The large number of orders canned is when some type of payment is due. If that be a flex payment (5th, 15th, 25th ect are dates those charge and then a few days to a week for processing) that's declined for nsf or expired card or what not. Then when nrd is actually taken (obviously past that point with this figure but just trying to explain when 95% of waitlist orders convert and why) or charged which is up to 48 hours after an order is placed. This usually happens early on in the figure being up for sale cycle. Then you have the largest group which is when the figure is released and about to (or is) charged in full or final flexs are due. For many reasons which really don't matter to this topic once a figure is going to charge there are on average 10% cancelled. That's when you are most likely to see waitlist conversions. (A few also happen when a figure gets in hand pics/review and some cancel then)

So some will/have converted already and there will be more. Hope that helps

Contact Sideshow directly and that way you are guaranteed 100% accurate information to know how that process works. :wink1:

Back