1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received my Ant-Man yesterday. Other than the weak magnets causing a bit of aggravation when positioning the helmet/visor (which I'd anticipated based on other's comments), I'm quite pleased.

So i just watched the CW movie and i'm glad i pick up original Ant-man, i'm really not impressed by the CW version. The new suits looks too ordinary and Ant-Man's performance in CW is kind of meh anyway.

Well if it is a big seller the new Hot Toys will probably just make more.

I know you're being sarcastic but I like that HT makes enough to meet demand, the only people that suffer are resellers. I couldn't buy any of the new Mattel He-Man figures because they sold out in a few minutes and if I could just go to the website and buy them I probably would have bought a few of each figure now I won't buy any if I have to go through a scalper.

You mean the 1/4 scale version? They hav not announced a second run of a sold out 1/6 version I don't think
No. Another 1/6 run. From their Facebook. Here's a screenshot.
24718d98e01b5967473d5ded54749174.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They just reopens the local sales. Usually when a figure is close to shipping or selling through they close all pre orders at secret base and toy sapiens. All they did was reopen it back when the film opened. It never sold out at sideshow I don't think. They didn't make more they just reopens the in total PO. Not the first time.

Here's a pic of a few figures that illustrate what I mean. They didn't sell out as we normally think about it. Meaning you could still buy them at most places. But the stores like secret base list it as sold out, only because they stopped taking PO on them or the local stores allotment is gone. They are often opened back up when customer serivice stock is used or other distributors have excess and they have a need in a specific area. It's not that they make more, they just shift stock. Bones never sold out at ssc. Same for Blake. Not saying these where both opened back up as I don't think they where. But it does happen.

Makes a lot more sense if you think about it. Why make more when half the places it's not even sold out yet? Just reallocate that stock to places where they need more. But you have to let your customers know.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Got myself out of the Hot Toys game a while ago and sold off my entire collection, along with cancelling about 5 preorders that I had already payed NRD's on.....BUT I knew I had to keep this one and I'm so glad I did. One of HT's best and has so much presence.....also love the fact that it's very reminiscent of Kamen Rider designs :D

antman.jpg

It is a great looking figure. Wish I liked the design more but it's still very well done.

Agreed! This is an awesome figure. I had very little interest in Yellowjacket before, but now I'd really like one to match, especially if it's as high quality as this.

Back