1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos by Dan Reid‎

12717482_10156513686180076_4344744046623861729_n.jpg

12745805_10156513686255076_5290500929117755502_n.jpg

When i get him, he will stay on this pose FOREVER.

Museum poses save space...something I don't have a lot of.
I hear ya! Free space is always a big problem... :monkey2
Anyway, all I'm sayin' is that action dolls must have at least a decent range of mobility because otherwise what's the point.
So far (judgin' by photorevs and vids) this figure is a very nice middle ground - looks awesome yet can be posed.

No one will go wrong with this figure. I cannot wait to get mine and trying to save any penny I can for it when it's ready to charge. Anyone PO with BBTS? Do they notify you when an item will be charging?

I agree with the pro articulation comments. Why buy an action figure to treat it as a statue?

several advantages of 1/6 figures over statues.

1)accessories (?),
2) the realistic costumes vs many statues (unless mix media) are mere paint jobs on a cast and
3) even if you dont go on heavy action figure poses, the possibility of slight movements of hands, head sculpts etc (even in museum type poses) provides for a lot of class coupled with variations that can be achieved from time to time.
4) in statues i almost always prefer mix media. the regular statues bore me to death to be honest.

1)accessories (?),
2) the realistic costumes vs many statues (unless mix media) are mere paint jobs on a cast and
3) even if you dont go on heavy action figure poses, the possibility of slight movements of hands, head sculpts etc (even in museum type poses) provides for a lot of class coupled with variations that can be achieved from time to time.
4) in statues i almost always prefer mix media. the regular statues bore me to death to be honest.

Fair enough. It's not a deal-breaker, but I always find any lack of articulation disappointing. Most of my figures are Iron Man though so I suppose I get spoiled articulation-wise :lol

1)accessories (?),

Agree with this - BUT - I really loved Bowen Designs full size statues back when they were being made. Because Golden/Silver/Bronze age superhero design was so simple and catchy, Randy's statues really come out looking iconic and awesome in simple painted cast polystone! For the Marvel movies though, I'm definitely in the 1/6 HT camp.

662_0___Source.jpg

I generally tend to go with museum-esque to subtle action poses because as one mentioned, they save space. I'm also perhaps just being paranoid with this, but I also like to think that it preserves joints; I prefer posing them in poses that I can leave them in for awhile and not be concerned if fabric will stretch and weaken or joints will weaken over time from arms or legs being in a raised position for a prolonged period. I also think they tend to be powerful and let the figure speak for itself.

Just my personal preference, that's all.

I'm going to stick with the original suit as I think it looks the best.

Does anyone else think the Civil War suit look like Pym's wife's wasp suit? Maybe the male version?

Back