1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't trust the quality of the costume. It's leather and it have a tendency to peeling. I had same issue on my HT Hellboy figure's pant. It has been fully peeled in after 2 years (never posed it, I posed it satble and never get direct sunlight) and it looks like the same material.

Artificial leather is not a good material for figures. I also have a HT Thor figure and I'm really anxious about it.

I think Hot Toys has their own in-house quality control and uses materials superior to earlier versions for just that reason. They try to pick materials and assembly that doesn't degrade over time. Look at the early Iron Man figures compared to what they create now. Hot Toys paves the way in super realistic scaled figures so there is no roadmap for them on materials and assembly. They take chances like in the Guardians Gamora figure to try to hide the joints and sometimes it has issues.

There is still no one that comes even close to Hot Toys for quality and realism. I'll take whatever Hot Toys is making over any other company any day (within the same price category).

I think Hot Toys has their own in-house quality control and uses materials superior to earlier versions for just that reason. They try to pick materials and assembly that doesn't degrade over time. Look at the early Iron Man figures compared to what they create now. Hot Toys paves the way in super realistic scaled figures so there is no roadmap for them on materials and assembly. They take chances like in the Guardians Gamora figure to try to hide the joints and sometimes it has issues.

There is still no one that comes even close to Hot Toys for quality and realism. I'll take whatever Hot Toys is making over any other company any day (within the same price category).

I have my reservations with the material as well, but my Blade and my T800, for instance are still perfect (even the leather parts). I had some peeling too (Aldous Rayne sash, for instance).

Pleather and rubber are "negative points" in a figure. If it's something I'm not that pumped about, it may be the turning point for me not to get it. That way, in my head, it's like I'm only risking it when it's worth it.

That said, as time goes by, it does seem to me that hot toys improved their materials, and the pleather/rubber start to become a lower concern to me.

It helps that it takes a few weeks/months to figures to be available in my country (I never preorder anything, if I get it when released, I still pay close to the original price, usually), so this forum is a great source of information for me to decide.

And, regarding this figure, up until now, it will be a sure buy when available in my country.

I think the materials and degrading possibilities is a consideration and that's a valid point. As time goes by Hot Toys and other companies seem to offer us better and better quality.

I remember when McFarlane figures were the high quality point. Now Hot Toys and a few other companies have come along to raise the quality to a much higher level. The Cinemaquette brand 1/3 scale Terminator was I think over $1200. Now Hot Toys has 1/4 scale for half that with more articulation.

It's a great time to be a collector.

On occasion i have posted to germany and the recipient hasn't got the item. In every case(I assume), the postman didn't want to deliver it and left it at the local post office for collection, but WITHOUT informing them they had a package waiting.
One was the mcfarlane Sentinel, i didn't have a replacement and asked the dude to wait. Six weeks later it arrived back to me saying that the guy never showed up to collect it...

If I had a nickel for every time "in hand" was mentioned on this forum... :lol

He looks like he's a great figure though. Really looking forward to receiving mine.

I'm not one to rave undeservedly about figures, nor talk about how good something is when you open it as opposed to viewing pictures online. I can pretty much always tell exactly how I feel about a figure from seeing even the worst quality pics. There are however exceptions and pleasant surprises. When even the best pictures don't prepare you for how good a figure is in hand. This is one of those sets. Partially because of the tactile and reflective nature of the suit and helmet.

Back