1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7IrHjWG.gif

Having just watched Ant-Man on Steelbook Blu-Ray I have to wonder why isn't this figure being released before the Iron Man 3 Pepper Potts figure?
Also is there any word on the Yellow Jacket figure?

In the commentary they mention the suit originally had lots of light up parts to it that they didn't end up utilizing, would explain the proto having light up eyes and such. Hope the figure gets revised to have the translucent lenses.

In the commentary they mention the suit originally had lots of light up parts to it that they didn't end up utilizing, would explain the proto having light up eyes and such. Hope the figure gets revised to have the translucent lenses.

The eyes do light up in the movie no?

I wonder what else lit up, that would have looked cool

Even though this isn't a full head sculpt,I think it's one of Hot Toys best.
Look at the Iron Whiplash Mickey Rourke sculpt.
It's half a sculpt and it's pretty dodgy.
I just hope the final product looks as good as the prototype.

Even though this isn't a full head sculpt,I think it's one of Hot Toys best.
Look at the Iron Whiplash Mickey Rourke sculpt.
It's half a sculpt and it's pretty dodgy.
I just hope the final product looks as good as the prototype.

I agree. It's so well done, I feel like it'd almost be scarilege to display him with the helmet closed.

Agreed, that's a great head sculpt, it'd be a shame to hide it.

On a side note, I was re-watching this with my stepson last night, and it occurred to me: Scott Lang had to go through training to master how to combat effectively using the suits ability, whereas it was never mentioned that Darren Cross was much of a fighter or had any extensive training with the Yellow Jacket. Shouldn't he have been an easy match for Ant-Man?

Well, they never really did have any hand to hand combat scenes from what I recall, except while in the briefcase on the helicopter. All Cross did was just fire those blue plasma cannons at him for the most part (briefcase scene included I think). I suppose that's the only function he really needed to know how to use on the suit in order to keep Ant-Man away from him. :lol

Lang seemed hopelessly outgunned to me by Cross. The Yellowjacket suit was designed for mass production and warfare. Rules of Hero prevailing 101: Take some mystery technique taught by the mentor (crane/drum technique), or do the one thing we are told should never be done (ie: cross the beams in Ghostbusters) to defeat the superior opponent. Scott did the latter..

Back