1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I will be feeling the pain at some point when I want to get into Marvel haha. I'm taking it slow right now, just getting Spider-Man so far. I am probably going to get the Iron Man and Gantry, so I won't pay aftermarket, but I'll still need a Cap and Thor at least. I will not be buying a Dr. Strange at those prices haha, they're nuts.

I'm also being selective with Marvel. But am hoping for a lower spec'd Doctor Strange version for IW. I have a feeling they won't be able to resist "re-releasing" a few with minimal changes just with some different extras specific to the movie. Depends on his involvement in the movie for me. If he's relatively integral he has a good chance.

But I digress, back to Luke. I must also unpack the cape and hat look. Must say I haven't used that yet. And that's a damn big rifle too !

I'm also being selective with Marvel. But am hoping for a lower spec'd Doctor Strange version for IW. I have a feeling they won't be able to resist "re-releasing" a few with minimal changes just with some different extras specific to the movie. Depends on his involvement in the movie for me. If he's relatively integral he has a good chance.

But I digress, back to Luke. I must also unpack the cape and hat look. Must say I haven't used that yet. And that's a damn big rifle too !

Yeah i'll likely pose him with the helmet on for a bit, doing some training haha. My Hoth Leia and Tarkin/Vader come in today so i'll have lots of posing options haha.

Yeah the tunic turned out better than I thought on the figure; it has a wire so I put those curves in. I was trying to emulate the promo picture. The pain was the binoculars. I looked up pictures and I'm pretty sure they're used 2 ways in ANH so I wasn't sure which way should be up and the little viewfinder is a little finicky to get in right.

Coco's stand is the ultimate accessory for this figure!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_23ce.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_23ce.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 377
  • fullsizeoutput_23cc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_23cc.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 376
Has anyone tried putting the shirt from the old Sideshow Luke Skywalker figure on this one? Is it an improvement with the extra length?

Wow, Jnix’s sculpt actually looks really good there. I think Jnix’s paints aren’t always he best, but with the right painter the sculpts really shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see two posts above... Go vote, we can possibly get a new better sculpt even.

Naaa...

I think he knew what he was going to sculpt (or had a mental top two or three) before he took any votes and just hoped he'd get a few that matched his picks. His prerogative, I guess, but I wish he hadn't gotten my hopes up!

Back