1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to hold out for an updated version of the suit...but pics like this make it difficult!

I'm trying to hold out for an updated version of the suit...but pics like this make it difficult!

I was tempted to do the same, but this figure is beautiful and certainly looks like classic War Machine. The IRON15 coupon took almost 70bucks off, so that helps a lot. Not sure how much longer the code is good for people to jump on it. I don't have any other version of WM, and despite what else is out there, or may come out later, this is a version of the figure I can be happy with for a long long time. Mine should arrive by Wednesday, can't wait. :)

Yeah, the magnets were glued on wrong so that one side had polar opposites and would repel, causing the face plate to be offset when resting on top of the head in open position.

In the last pic, it looked as if the face plate wasn't on evenly or balanced symmetrically so I was curious if it had the same issue. I think the 42 was fine, right? They fixed it on that one.

Yeah, the magnets were glued on wrong so that one side had polar opposites and would repel, causing the face plate to be offset when resting on top of the head in open position.

Sounds like a luck of a draw kind of problem? Or were they all that way?

Sounds like a luck of a draw kind of problem? Or were they all that way?

I think they were all that way. Manufacturing just had it wrong for some reason. The fix was to use tweezers (I think bransen mentioned it in the IP thread) to remove the magnet, flip it, and glue it back on so that the two would attract and everything would be even.

Given WM mk2 is a repaint of IP, I was hoping they'd correct that issue so I was curious if s/he just didn't even it out or if that magnets were repelling each other.

Mine has that issue. I'll think I've got it set and then I'll come back with the mask half way down his face. Looks loke drunk War Machine. :lol

There is a bit of an issue with the mask staying aligned. You just have to finesse it up there a bit. It's not a huge deal breaker for me though.

Is today the end of Stark week? Anyone know? I have only gotten a couple of emails/offers this week and nothing today. I was thinking the last time I got bombarded. I could be wrong though.

Thanks Jaymas! :hi5:

Yes they do make a great pair, think I will change up the pose on SC to better show off the armour though.

If you do, share a new pic :wink1:

It took me two weeks but I reposed the Centurion:

SCr2.jpg

Is anyone planning some kind of battle damaged mod for their War Machine? The removeable face plate on mine is slightly chipped, and it doesn't seem like SSC is gonna help me out. Figured if someone was gonna BD theirs up, maybe we could trade first.

Is anyone planning some kind of battle damaged mod for their War Machine? The removeable face plate on mine is slightly chipped, and it doesn't seem like SSC is gonna help me out. Figured if someone was gonna BD theirs up, maybe we could trade first.
Just return it and rebuy it if they don't want to help.

I got my War Machine yesterday and I have never received a figure from Sideshow like this before; it did not come in the typical shipper box but came in a box that was way too big for it...
photo(2).JPG

Has sideshow ever sent anyone else a figure like this before? Makes me feel uncomfortable like something is fishy about it...

Back