1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: Age of Ultron - War Machine Mark II

This WM needs to have the HS otherwise tons of people are going to pass. However tho, I remember many people passing on the original MK2 WM because it never appeared in the movie and only for that fact. So because this one does appear, maybe people might want to pick it up.

:goodpost:

Agreed.. I think a lot of Collectors who own the original are going to pass on this without a head sculpt, but those who passed the first time because it got cut from the film, were probably looking for a way of reducing the number of figures they were pre-ordering from the avalanche released after Iron Man 3.. so as you say, they are more likely to get this figure, since it will get screen time in AoU.. I think it's a bit touch and go for HT on this release, since the figures are very, very similar.

At this point, if I ever get war machine, I'll just pick the IM2 one. It's pretty affordable now anyway and I don't see them redoing it unless it's die-cast, but who knows when or if.

Unfortunately, I think the most we'll get from this one is an in helmet sculpt like the one that came with IP.

I've been thinking about picking up a custom Cheadle head on ebay, but I'm waiting for confirmation from this figure first.

If we don't get one with this figure, this is probably the best we're gonna get (until civil war maybe?)

dc.jpg

:lol

I could live with an in-helmet head sculpt.

At this point, if I ever get war machine, I'll just pick the IM2 one. It's pretty affordable now anyway and I don't see them redoing it unless it's die-cast, but who knows when or if.

I would choose the IM2 War Machine over this one, but where are you seeing it affordable at? Most of the ones I see are close to $600.

looks like it comes with the same sculpt as iron patriot. please...let...me....pass...on...this.....

CCNZtW_VEAEDRX_.jpg

Don't think there's a more minimal change in a reissue than this one.

----------------------

The much awaited sequel, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, will be hitting the theatres very soon! In anticipation of the launch of this epic blockbuster, Hot Toys is excited to present the new 1/6th scale War Machine Mark II Collectible Figure as a Hot Toys Exclusive item! It is also the latest addition to our MMS Diecast Series which the collectible figures are made of diecast material, and realistically designed to look even more like the armor as it appears in the film.

The movie-accurate War Machine Mark II Collectible Figure is crafted with great details and based on the image of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine Mark II in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It features a highly detailed head sculpt, metallic black and dark silver colored armor with decals, LED light-up functions, rotatable machine gun, and a specially designed Avengers: Age of Ultron figure stand.

Gear yourself up for this super exciting film and expand your Avengers: Age of Ultron collection with this diecast collectible figure as “War Machine rocks”.

For customers in Hong Kong, special arrangement has been made for pre-order. Please visit Hot Toys-Secret Base Facebook Page for more information.

11088333_10152729682487344_4943037771216595937_n.jpg

11113578_10152729682622344_8760625086791973836_n.jpg

1526107_10152729682652344_497184122819888905_n.jpg

11149487_10152729682657344_5968580895303893200_n.jpg

11054806_10152729682932344_8598147389481829201_n.jpg

btw, wtf is a "hot toys exclusive". as if threezero is allowed to sell this. cmon hot toys, u think we are dumb enough to fall for that hype?

btw, wtf is a "hot toys exclusive". as if threezero is allowed to sell this. cmon hot toys, u think we are dumb enough to fall for that hype?

I am, I'm getting this if he's in the movie. I wisely passed the IM3 War Machine MKII and look, an Avengers War Machine, siiiiick.

I had a feeling this was going to be an exclusive... Pretty much the only way to get people interested that already got the IM3 version.

I'm getting it regardless :yess:

It's an exclusive as in it's only available exclusively through Sideshow or through Secret Base like the Hot Rod and other exclusives in the past.

Which means I'm out. I get all my stuff through the comic shop I work at in Canada, and Sideshow doesn't offer these exclusives at wholesale so no employee discount for me. With the Canadian dollar being so bad right now, I can't justify buying this through Sideshow and paying for shipping and customs when I already have the perfectly serviceable IM3 version. It looks great though.

Give us Mk1 die cast w/ updated Rhodey sculpt (additional unhelmeted version would be even better, though I doubt they'll do that) and I'm in. :wink1:

I'm passing already have the 1st MKII and 99% of my friends will not know it's any different than this one. I would have picked it up if it had BD parts or something.

I'm happy with the first War Machine Mark II, not going to pay excessively for a slightly darker grey colouring just because they make it an exclusive..., pleased now though as Hot Toys have saved me money because if it'd been a standard release I'd have caved & bought it. lol ;)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Other than the Avengers base is there any change?

I'm not seeing one

Rhodey helmet sculpt, different paint apps, I think that's it.

Different shade of grey, it's glossy where the IM3 version was matte, and the red outlines around the arc hole and eyes are no longer red.

Back