1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark 2

Why is this thread labelled MK2.... I thought it was the MK3
Looks like the same suit as IM3 which would suggest it's the Patriot repainted (which in turn was the MK2 painted red white and blue) in a slightly different colour scheme than the first time.

I thought the suit was reworked with some enhancements.... like remote summon(same as the 42)

Who knows :dunno...the base doesn't say which Mark is it...you might be right

f6e6b9b918bbf44a9a16d4953b87950a.jpg

The busts are labeled mark 2... I'll change it if the figure is mark 3, but I highly doubt it... This is the first movie it will be in. It still may have remote assembly features... Seems to me they are ignoring that it was meant to be in IM3

Last edited:

f6e6b9b918bbf44a9a16d4953b87950a.jpg

The busts are labeled mark 2... I'll change it if the figure is mark 3, but I highly doubt it... This is the first movie it will be in. It still may have remote assembly features... Seems to me they are ignoring that it was meant to be in IM3

Didn't know that...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: Age of Ultron - War Machine Mark II

Liking this a lot - missed the die cast. this has a nicer weathered paint job and a head sculpt. sorted!

If the previous version was Diecast this will be also. Why would they waste money on completly new tooling? You can not make plastic parts with DC tooling. Whatever was DC on the last version will be on this.

Hot Toys has money to waste I reckon. :lol Still, odds are good it will get the diecast treatment like the former.

If this figure is diecast, then I hope it does get a Cheadle headsculpt as well, that would probably be enough to persuade me to add it to the existing version..Tbh, screen time alone, may not be enough.

I always find it fascinating that people make or break figure purchases based on screen time, and the boundaries for how much screen time is essential to justify a purchase fluctuates from person to person whether it be 5 seconds or 15 minutes. As long as a figure looks awesome is typically good enough for me. :lol

Agreed, that is why screen time alone, for a figure this similar to the previous version, probably would not persuade me.. but looking again at the photo DasMuse posted, there are some spare hands and crucially, another helmet as accessories.. now why would a figure have two 'identical' helmets?.. unless the face plate on the spare, was hiding a head sculpt, maybe?

I'm not seeing much difference in the previous figure.

I'm not seeing much difference in the previous figure.
Because there isn't any aside from a different shade of grey. There's your new $350 figure. :lol

I'll wait until Hot Toys does the proper War Machine again in Diecast.

17020943026_5f2be4875c_c.jpg

It is also lacking the red outline of the eyes and chest arc hole that the IM3 version had.

Last edited:

I think there are some subtle changes to the shoulder pauldrons as well, also where all the ab plates are silver.. on the first version, at the top there is an overlapping grey chest plate.

I always find it fascinating that people make or break figure purchases based on screen time, and the boundaries for how much screen time is essential to justify a purchase fluctuates from person to person whether it be 5 seconds or 15 minutes. As long as a figure looks awesome is typically good enough for me. :lol

I've been saying that for awhile too.

This WM needs to have the HS otherwise tons of people are going to pass. However tho, I remember many people passing on the original MK2 WM because it never appeared in the movie and only for that fact. So because this one does appear, maybe people might want to pick it up.

Because there isn't any aside from a different shade of grey. There's your new $350 figure. [emoji38]

I'll wait until Hot Toys does the proper War Machine again in Diecast.

17020943026_5f2be4875c_c.jpg
This is the one I am waiting for, that or a much larger heavily armed Mk3.0 in future films.

I really like the 2.0, but I am still considering getting Patriot and don't really want 2 of the same figure (even with wildly different and amazing paint apps) but we will see (another reason I am considering giving up on the Stealth waitlist, I already have Python)

Back