1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is true, BBTS really ought to disclose it in their FAQ. Right now their FAQ sounds like they want to make it as easy as possible to let you cancel orders any time before they are charged. They only mention repercussions if you cancel too many orders after they are charged and in your Pile of Loot.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/Cancellations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't have to, it's only the customer's fault if they want to cancel, BBTS can do as they please

Ordered....but £900 + shipping and import duty...damn.

I think I'm going to leave it a while before I inform 'her indoors' about this one. :wink1:
Same here. Dreading the import duty too, what is your estimate for this piece?

Sent from a point in space and time

They don't have to, it's only the customer's fault if they want to cancel, BBTS can do as they please

Sure, but they ought to. Secretly punishing people without their knowledge won’t curb unwanted behavior.

The site draws in pre-order customers in part based on their penalty-free cancelations. But if you exercise that option they will secretly eff you on another preorder at their discretion without warning? If true, that’s important information being withheld from their FAQ. LOL

Excuse me if I'm being dumb but but does this come with a full Mark XLIII or is it just the bust that shown in chest. I can't seem to find anywhere that shows it in the description yet it's shown in the images

I caved and reserved this from SS since I missed out on the first one and regretted it ever since - thank goodness for some reward points and at least a year for me to save up money to pay for this beast!!! :gah:

I caved and reserved this from SS since I missed out on the first one and regretted it ever since - thank goodness for some reward points and at least a year for me to save up money to pay for this beast!!! :gah:

Could end up being more depending how many the decide to make. I’m assuming they build on how many people preorder??

I don’t see how anyone could be pissed at Hot Toys for the offering or the price.

If you don’t have a Hulkbuster and want one, now you can get one with the jackhammer arm at a completely reasonable price.

If you have the Hulkbuster and just want the accessory you can buy the accessory.

If you have the Hulkbuster and want a new figure you can easily make your money back if you bought at retail and sell the original.

And In 2 years when supply has dried up again, the figure will rise in price and that will be it. It would take an anniversary to see it again if at all.

I don’t see how anyone could be pissed at Hot Toys for the offering or the price.

If you don’t have a Hulkbuster and want one, now you can get one with the jackhammer arm at a completely reasonable price.

If you have the Hulkbuster and just want the accessory you can buy the accessory.

If you have the Hulkbuster and want a new figure you can easily make your money back if you bought at retail and sell the original.

And In 2 years when supply has dried up again, the figure will rise in price and that will be it. It would take an anniversary to see it again if at all.

The only ones pissed are those with a financial agenda or that got scalped by ebay fleecers. HT re-released it in a way that is a win win for all interested collectors. For ebay resellers from Japan? Not so much.

Excuse me if I'm being dumb but but does this come with a full Mark XLIII or is it just the bust that shown in chest. I can't seem to find anywhere that shows it in the description yet it's shown in the images

It only comes with the XLIII bust.

I own the original release, and I am thrilled with this rerelease. More people deserve an opportunity to own this piece. It is by far the best figure in my collection.

I would be upset if they released the deluxe version without an accessory pack, but Hot Toys did the right thing offering the jackhammer arm and Veronica separate. Good on them.

I won’t be picking up the accessory pack, because I can’t justify that money on an arm. Especially when I’m saving money for an eventual Captain Marvel release. Hopefully Veronica is sold separate on the aftermarket for a fair price. I would like to own that. :)

For the people on the fence who missed out on the original release, don’t hesitate to buy this. You will not be disappointed. It’s a grail piece to add to your collection.

For the people upset that this is being rereleased, stop. Just stop. Collecting should never be about what you have and what others don’t. This is a community and we should all be happy for one another if an opportunity arises to own a fantastic piece.

Ordered the Jackhammer arm accessory set. Went with Alter Ego as I had a coupon that made the price slightly more palatable. But at March 2020, it's all by its lonesome on my spending forecast (unless War Machine Mark IV gets delayed). Of course, that's not including a potential Vulture and any new figures like Captain Marvel or other A4 releases. :lol

BringstheAwesome[/QUOTE]

I own the original release, and I am thrilled with this rerelease. More people deserve an opportunity to own this piece.
For the people upset that this is being rereleased, stop. Just stop. Collecting should never be about what you have and what others don’t. This is a community and we should all be happy for one another if an opportunity arises to own a fantastic piece.[/QUOTE]

8673cd141d52f915cd62d4167bcef7c7.jpeg
079d56822a8fd49d20d0d9a7705d2272.gif

I agree with everything you said, i had to previously sell mine because i needed the money, and here is my chance to make up for that, sure it may upset a few scalpers and those who buy these collectables for an investment, but oh well... It will be a year and half for this to come out, i bet current hulkbuster prices won't drop that much... I mean if you want to make money buy some stocks or something, lol :):)

I agree with everything you said, i had to previously sell mine because i needed the money, and here is my chance to make up for that, sure it may upset a few scalpers and those who buy these collectables for an investment, but oh well... It will be a year and half for this to come out, i bet current hulkbuster prices won't drop that much... I mean if you want to make money buy some stocks or something, lol :):)

Honestly I don’t think prices will drop due to this release. Look at the tumbler. Was released twice with 3rd release of a camo paint job. All of these times they sold out (eventually) and maintain retail value or a little more. I think many more collectors would want a massive (figure) vs just a vehicle. Just saying I don’t think this will lose much if any value after this rerelease is sold out.

Oh forgot the bat pod got released twice as well. And hot toys gave the dx12 the attachment for emp gun

Look, Hot Toys is never going to make another fully articulated Hulkbuster. Period.
You wanna know why?
Because we are at the top of the market for all business. This 10 year bull market is finally coming to an end and all the money will dry up after New Year. Interest rates are going up...no one is buying homes or cars like before and everything has reached unsustainable prices.
Be grateful if you are the few who were able to buy such an incredible figure that will never have a comparable in probably another decade or more.
Thank you Hot Toys and goodnight.
As for the rest of you guys who were to chickens#$t to pull the trigger 3 years ago on a preorder...F U....LOL.
I apologize...at the end of another Halo Top ice cream and Raising Kaines chicken finger binge....sh&$t’s good son...like crack.

Nostradamus, not.

I'm really curious as to how the arm detaches, because a lot of us were anticipating the jackhammer arm and could not figure it out. There must be some sort of trick

I think with the re-release that the HB 1.0 will drop to around the current MSRP of the Deluxe and the Deluxe will be the price the current 1.0 is now once the deluxe is sold out.

I'm really curious as to how the arm detaches, because a lot of us were anticipating the jackhammer arm and could not figure it out. There must be some sort of trick

44050866_1229332593873895_7592405266155438080_n.jpg

This is from that guy taking his apart to recast everything in diecast for whatever reason. I am guessing the arm would come apart at the gold ring

Back