1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be in the minority, but this re-release is kind of annoying. I am not collecting to "cash in" on
rarity pricing, but it was nice to know that I had a sought-after piece in my collection.
Now, that feeling is gone.

With the prices these things cost AT RETAIL, there should be NO REISSUES. They should stay limited release.
If Hot Toys was doing this, they should have done the crappy Hulkbuster 2.0 from Infinity War.

I am sure mostly everyone will disagree with me, but as a high-end collector... you want to have stuff that at least retains it's value.
Not compromised with bull - **** re-releases years later of the same product.

It is a total money grab by Hot Toys, no doubt there. I for one won't even be getting the accessory pack, as it is rather pointless.

Again that just seems kind of selfish and short sighted.

Collecting isn't about ego. I detailed that in my post about everyone getting upset they were doing diecast armors. I postulated that they were likely to revisit older armors and the second hand sellers as well as the ones that had their self worth and ego tied to their toys would get upset.

Some said it wouldn't happen yet it has.

I had the original plastic armors and got the newer and improved diecast ones. I was happy that new collectors and/or ones that missed out got to fill the holes in their collection without having to spend huge money.

This is suppose to be fun. This site a community. Playing "neener neener" about collection pieces to others is childish.

I may be in the minority, but this re-release is kind of annoying. I am not collecting to "cash in" on
rarity pricing, but it was nice to know that I had a sought-after piece in my collection.
Now, that feeling is gone.

With the prices these things cost AT RETAIL, there should be NO REISSUES. They should stay limited release.
If Hot Toys was doing this, they should have done the crappy Hulkbuster 2.0 from Infinity War.

I am sure mostly everyone will disagree with me, but as a high-end collector... you want to have stuff that at least retains it's value.
Not compromised with bull - **** re-releases years later of the same product.

It is a total money grab by Hot Toys, no doubt there. I for one won't even be getting the accessory pack, as it is rather pointless.

I understand where you're coming from, but it will still be a rather rare and sought after collectible - i.e., you'll probably be the only one on your block that owns one. I really don't think the sales numbers of the Deluxe version will come close to that of the original release. As I stated earlier, my guess is that HT will make more $ off the sale of the jack hammer accessory than the full HB.

I'm more annoyed that they are rehashing old figures instead of moving on to new ones. It seems like there's too much of an emphasis on ways to make easy money (which is fine), instead of investing in newer designs - e.g., doing Hulkbuster 2.0 as a powerpose instead of fully articulated figure. My feelings aside, it's a great opportunity for those who want this that missed it the first time around.

Thanks. I might have to do a little shelf tinkering to accommodate him, although it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I might have to build something for on top of my display...I think it was 9-10” thick at the bottom of feet and 17” wide from gauntlet to gauntlet

I agree with The Buffinator in that you will most likely be the only one in your neighborhood to have a lot of these collectibles. People get upset when certain figures or statues have a high ES, I do get it, especially in regards to QC. Looking at it from a rarity point of view if a statue has an ES of 3000, that generally means that you are one of 3000 in the world to own this piece (hopefully anyway). That's actually pretty rare looking at it from that standpoint, even if you just count the collecting community. People miss out on stuff all the time . Trust me, as a collector myself I understand how this comment still doesn't make people feel good about a 3000 + ES. LOL.

I wonder if this means my original Hulkbuster waitlist would convert? Either way I'm thrilled to be able to get one for non secondary pricing, plus with more stuff. But between this, Concept and Neon, this is a rough month for my future wallet.

I wonder if this means my original Hulkbuster waitlist would convert? Either way I'm thrilled to be able to get one for non secondary pricing, plus with more stuff. But between this, Concept and Neon, this is a rough month for my future wallet.

I highly doubt that as this is a new release and will likely cost more.

This is the least surprising thing ever, its obvious with how delayed the original was that they likely lost their shirts on sunk development costs. Another release of the same basic chassis is money in the bank, same reason there have and will continue to be so so many Iron Man repaints. If its not obvious by now you should really be buying things you actually want, not things that you want to just impress others by having that suddenly won't be as cool if there is more out there (cough Tron Iron Man cough)

As an owner of the original, I was a bit upset until I saw the accessories kit available separately...

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=644

Same haha. I saw it on Instagram and and first saw the deluxe, I was like what the hell now I have to sell mine and get this etc.... then scrolled down a little and was pleasantly surprised. Glad they did it the way they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back