1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! It has been a bit. How’s things?

Much better now that I’m back in sunny California! Moving my collection was a nightmare and I’ve only unpacked 8 statues and 4 figures but I’m having custom shelving built so I’m going to need to keep things packed for awhile.

You still been schooling the newbies on here?

Moving is the worst. It’s grrat when it’s done but the actual move part..sucks.

I’m trying to be more chill. Not always working, but I’m trying lol

Finally Hulkbuster has reached Italy!
I love it! [emoji7] I think I’ll use this Tony hs to put some organic feel in all that metal...[emoji1]

08fa9fa766616defb162b42871b2d253.jpg
8f50a48dcda99f7fe2c0b8842f8473b4.jpg

848697ad44c98710c0ba346fabecd8c2.jpg
190a582cb9c4a3f804af68f6367b0625.jpg
c9ccd9837c7a19b1899380f70620ac2d.jpg

I was finally able to pick this up from my LCS. It was a long time coming, but worth the wait. As others have said, you
really can't tell how big this thing is until you see it in person.

Attachments

• 100_4157.JPG
    100_4157.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 510
  • 100_4154.JPG
    100_4154.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 509
  • 100_4155.JPG
    100_4155.JPG
    582.1 KB · Views: 506
Hey guys

SO Ive followed the instructions to have the bust placed into the HB, but for some reason the helmet just won't close fully, like it's extremely limited in its ability to be pushed downwards to fully cover the MK43 bust's helmet. I have watched a few review vvideos online, and I think it's supposed to be able to "close", or cover the MK43 helmet right? I assumed that if I were to open the helmet, the ironman helmet would be able to pop right out, but for some reason mine just isn't that way. It just feels like the HB helmet and the MK43 helmet are in each other's way, obstructing one another's movements

I have attached the pic here.WeChat Image_20180403152529.jpg

Note, you can kinda see that the MK43's helmet is being forced down as the metal ring within the HB helmet appears to be right above the MK43's helmet, so whenever I try to push it downwards, the MK43's helmet would be pushed down as well. I was also referring to the reference/prototype pics displayed on HT and SS's websites, and it does appear that the MK43 helmet IS supposed to be aligned with the HB helmet, allowing it to "pop out" when I open the HB helmet's lid

Hey guys

SO Ive followed the instructions to have the bust placed into the HB, but for some reason the helmet just won't close fully, like it's extremely limited in its ability to be pushed downwards to fully cover the MK43 bust's helmet. I have watched a few review vvideos online, and I think it's supposed to be able to "close", or cover the MK43 helmet right? I assumed that if I were to open the helmet, the ironman helmet would be able to pop right out, but for some reason mine just isn't that way. It just feels like the HB helmet and the MK43 helmet are in each other's way, obstructing one another's movements

I have attached the pic here.View attachment 402585

Note, you can kinda see that the MK43's helmet is being forced down as the metal ring within the HB helmet appears to be right above the MK43's helmet, so whenever I try to push it downwards, the MK43's helmet would be pushed down as well. I was also referring to the reference/prototype pics displayed on HT and SS's websites, and it does appear that the MK43 helmet IS supposed to be aligned with the HB helmet, allowing it to "pop out" when I open the HB helmet's lid

The front magnetic piece, bring that forward a bit and the helmet will go down further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front magnetic piece, bring that forward a bit and the helmet will go down further

There's actually 3 magnetic pieces though, which one are you specifically referring to? I did move the "collar one",. whihc was the very first piece that the instructions required me to put on and the helmet was able to go down a lot more. However is this normal? Feels like alignment was just wrong to begin with, if I needed to adjust other parts for an essential part to fit

Anyone find a way to fix his saggy t*ts?
0080cf82ea4b660feca3432738c22681.jpg

When you’re at this stage

36615210-26D8-4092-8D6B-2C7924D72BDA.jpeg

If you lift the centre piece and push it back it sits on top of the arc reactor and stops it dropping down so much.

1C8797EA-D48F-4749-952C-6754D9B0E999.jpeg

I didn't have the SAGGY TIT issue at all...thankfully!! The one thing that does bug me is having IM MK45 arc reactor visible when it is turned on and the HB is closed up...just like in the pic above. You can just see the light, its as if they did not make this correctly. Just a small issue!

Hi guys - I just got my mk44 today and it's stunning. However, the main LEDs (rear and front reactors) only lit up for 3 seconds before they turned themselves off and never worked again.. I've tested the batteries and made sure there's no glue covering the 2 nodes. I suspect that there was a loose connection somewhere near the switch, which caused all 7 sets of these LEDs to fail at once... However, I have no experience opening up Hot Toy figures not to mention this huge hulkbuster..

Has anyone encoutered similar problems? If anyone could share their experiences, or give me some input on how I can open up the rear compartment to expose the wires, it would be tremendously helpful!

PS - this also gets me worries because it seems like MANY figures get LED failures eventually.. I wonder if it's even possible to swap them out someday down the road?

Best,
F

Back