1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a couple of proto to final release pics for a few who wanted to see a few.
dd707d673512e2fd72501f7741ddde15.jpg
af225ebd3b9a951e1afc79ed9796cdd8.jpg
d322b2dc278ce83ee773a8a9dfb63ebf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second… why can't people just be happy that this made it out? It is a stunning piece, so well done
and with it's size and heft, a little reduced articulation is not the end of the world.

Nailed it right here.

I think its because a lot of collectors are overgrown "kids" complaining about things that they, themselves, cant make.
They don't understand the engineering needed to create one of these things.

I am a hardware/software engineer and I dont even know how to make one of these lmao..

i can see the difference now. they made the waist slightly thinner. they probably made it that way after they decided to go with the plan to fit the mark43 inside. thinner waist would make the (full body) mark43's legs straighter, thus easier placement inside.

25ako3k.jpg

So now ya calling anyone with a slight complaint or disappointment immature? Get over yourselves, I've had this guy paid off for about 2 years and I'm super happy to even get him, doesn't mean I can't be dissapointed by one thing :lol

I think the reason people are slightly annoyed (me included to a degree) is that the posability of the hips/ legs is a standard thing in literally all figures, and the chance that due to the 'upgrade' to fit the full 43 inside, it is missing from this figure. Also when you are paying $800 plus, your figure should be able to have something more dynamic than a museum pose or slight walking pose...

You cannot keep comparing to the prototype. It is apples to oranges.
They re-engineered the whole thing for the die cast and Mark 43 integration.

As always, the one-off prototype rarely looks exactly like the original… even the ones that don't go through
a bunch of alterations half-way through production.

I think the reason people are slightly annoyed (me included to a degree) is that the posability of the hips/ legs is a standard thing in literally all figures, and the chance that due to the 'upgrade' to fit the full 43 inside, it is missing from this figure. Also when you are paying $800 plus, your figure should be able to have something more dynamic than a museum pose or slight walking pose...

What do you want Hulkbuster to do? It is a massive suit of heavy armor meant to withstand
a beating (and dish one out) from/to the Hulk. Therefore, the suit has limitations.
He is not going to be dancing the cha-cha anytime soon.

I can see the wider-stance leg thing. But that part was a design choice Hot Toys made.
Their product, they call the shots.

You are paying for all the engineering, parts, tooling, paint work, diecast, LED's and
workmanship in general that went into developing a 2-foot tall (and pretty damn
movie accurate) action figure.

What do you want Hulkbuster to do? It is a massive suit of heavy armor meant to withstand
a beating (and dish one out) from/to the Hulk. Therefore, the suit has limitations.

I can see the wider-stance leg thing. But that part was a design choice Hot Toys made.
Their product, they call the shots.

You are paying for all the engineering, parts, tooling, paint work, diecast, LED's and
workmanship in general that went into developing a 2-foot tall (and pretty damn
movie accurate) action figure.

But have you watched the actual fight recently, he can do basically everything a normal IM suit can do with slightly more padding :p I also appreciate that being it is a digital model and there a no physics for it.

I also appreciate that I am paying for Hot Toys design and production prowess, but to me that says that a Ball joint in the hip and ankles shouldn't be beyond expectations.

I would also like to state that I can't wait to finally receive it, just to finally hold it

Nailed it right here.

I think its because a lot of collectors are overgrown "kids" complaining about things that they, themselves, cant make.
They don't understand the engineering needed to create one of these things.

I am a hardware/software engineer and I dont even know how to make one of these lmao..

I, for one, am excited to own this piece. He looks absolutely gorgeous. However, I don’t see why people can’t voice their opinions of displeasure at certain aspects. Calling people “overgrown kids” just because someone’s opinion differs from you is petty at best.

I love this forum for the praises and arguments it presents for newly released figures. All opinions, whether you agree with them or not, are still valid opinions from fellow collectors. Don’t be so quick to belittle others. It’ll do you well on the forum and in life.

I am not getting this, but I have the SH Figuarts Hulkbuster, and at $350 I was a bit disappointed in the articulation.

At the very LEAST any high end Hulkbuster need to be able to do this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Um, not to nitpick… but you can't even achieve that pose with the HT Age of Ultron Hulk.
His legs don't go nearly that wide, either.

These are not "action pose" figures. They are articulated models that are supposed to be true to
the designs on screen.

and regarding my previous comment...

What do you want Hulkbuster to do?

i-do-the-zyov4f.jpg

Yeah it kind of sucks that the articulation is limited due to the engineering changes they made but if you think this thing isn't going to be a centerpiece of any collection, you are dead wrong. My anticipation for this monster is at an all time high.

I am sure with the points of articulation it does have, i will be able to find one great pose to my liking and it will remain in that pose for several years as all my figures do.

This is going to look amazing at home.

I enjoy hearing differing opinions. It's what makes this forum and life in general interesting.

Personally, I think that in the grand scheme of things, this will be the highlight of ANY HT collection just by its shear size. Turning a CGI armor of that magnitude into a fully articulated toy is an engineering feat in itself. This HT Hulkbuster is literally the closest thing to a real Hulkbuster, more real than what we saw on AoU.

As collectors, sometimes it's the details that get in the way of enjoying these amazing figures. Just like when an artist or painter is working, sometimes we can benefit from taking a few steps back from the piece to look at the overall picture. Though we may not collect to appease others, I can only imagine that any guest who enters your home will simply be stunned to see a figure like this and not hit you with the "yeah it's cool, kinda looks like the waist is too small though..."

I got into this hobby just before this figure was announced. It must be a really gratifying feeling for those who've been waiting since day 1. Congrats to you all.

Back