1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So got back into hot toys this year, and nabbed a Hulkbuster off ebay. Wow. This is an amazing figure. The paint and detail on it were above expectations. I was worried it was going to look/feel like a plastic toy. But next to my diecast mark 6 it looks amazing.

It is an expansive figure, but damn does it not impress a lot in person.

Surprised the HB still commands a premium. If I didn’t have one I would just wait for the HB with the jackhammer arm that’s coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised the HB still commands a premium. If I didn’t have one I would just wait for the HB with the jackhammer arm that’s coming out.

That jackhammer arm one has been displayed since 2015 I believe (someone posted earlier in the forums) so there is no guarantee it will come out. Not saying it will not of course, there is always that chance, but just sayin' its not guaranteed until it goes up for preorder.

Yeah, see the interview with Howard Chen, They also display stuff to get feedback and see how much interest there is at the conventions. Just because something is displayed doesn’t mean it will be produced. I suspect at least a quarter of the stuff in the photos I’ve seen will not be produced... Millennium Falcon cockpit, Spider-Man Homecoming Vulture, Infinity War GOTG characters (other than rocket and Groot of course), Outrider, etc.

Ask anybody here, chances are there is a figure they were hoping for that was shown at a convention, which was never produced.

Jackhammer arm HB went up on SS with an RSVP. Does that not mean anything?

Nope they had the Helicarrier, 66 Batmobile, Star Wars figures, Marvel figures among many MANY other things on that list for years with nothing. SSC can RSVP anything Hot Toys shows but that doesnt mean anything until HT decides to make it and SS doesnt have a clue if or when that will happen.

I say this will not happen......it's going to be more expensive( I bet) than the first HB...and those say "bring it on" are not all going to buy it.

Not really 42C43F35-C3DE-4EAA-9C52-A24858B0E680.jpeg

Was this canceled or something? Sorry, don’t follow all the HT releases.

Not officially. But it has been a few years so the chances are not great. Still holding out hope myself just because I really want it. Lol

Hey Motux,

What’s your guess about the HB reissue thing.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hey. I’d say there’s a better then even chance it gets released at some point. The version show at sdcc is not the same proto shown at past events, as that one had the old beat up body proto. The arm appears to have been updated as well. It would give them a little more use out of the tooling.

Not officially. But it has been a few years so the chances are not great. Still holding out hope myself just because I really want it. Lol

Hey. I’d say there’s a better then even chance it gets released at some point. The version show at sdcc is not the same proto shown at past events, as that one had the old beat up body proto. The arm appears to have been updated as well. It would give them a little more use out of the tooling.

The Hulkbuster 2.0 has a 100% chance of being made. There is still a lot of interest in the market and it won't require much work to push out the 2.0 version. They will mark up the price and there will definitely be buyers.

Yellowjacket most likely will never see the light of day, which is sad, cause I really want him too!

I wouldn’t t say it’s a 100% chance. There may be some interest for a new version but the first version took like 3 years to sell out and a vast majority of the people willing to drop nearly a grand on one just did so recently. That limits part of the market.

The Hulkbuster 2.0 has a 100% chance of being made. There is still a lot of interest in the market and it won't require much work to push out the 2.0 version. They will mark up the price and there will definitely be buyers.

Yellowjacket most likely will never see the light of day, which is sad, cause I really want him too!

Nothing not up for PO is 100%. There is a ton of interest in that Neon Iron Man that is going for $700 on eBay also but they don't seem in to big of a hurry to cash in on that by simply selling it to the rest of the world.

Selling a bunch more repainted MKIV for $399 seems like easy money and something they should do but it does not seem like it's going to happen.

Yeah not 100%. I know Asians love Iron Man but it's a big, cumbersome figure that requires space. Places like Hong Kong and Japan where a lot of the buyers don't really have room for such big items. I'd like to know how well HB sold in asia. I do think it'll be released eventually though. Maybe on the 10th anniversary of AoU release.

Back