1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well whine on then, because you evidently think that something will drastically change now due to you complaining about it.

20246162_10213796938658158_56092889843645990_n.jpg

If there is one thing HT is really REALLY good at is Iron Man figures. This is as screen accurate as your going to get, there is nothing to worry about. If you are that concerned you might want to pass on this.

If there is one thing HT is really REALLY good at is Iron Man figures. This is as screen accurate as your going to get, there is nothing to worry about. If you are that concerned you might want to pass on this.
Agreed. It's 2017, they aren't going on sketches and screenshots. They have actual 3D files for reference and any info they need. Trust me, if Marvel is approving the design, it'll be pretty damn accurate. They don't want some licensed company making inaccurate figures.

While it does look a little thinner than the unapproved prototype, I'm confident it'll do the movie version justice.

The chunkier the arms the less articulation it will have. HT are damned if they do damned if they don't. The main focus is on balance, can they get better movement AND accuracy? It's going to be interesting to see but a few minor sacrifices in bulk could allow us to pose it more and that can give a figure much more longevity. If anyone is concerned about it then wait until release and then decide. I doubt it will be sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet Hot Toys are actually a bit like "Oh for *****k sake! We haven't even finished the first one yet!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT is just happy they have an excuse to reuse this mold :lol No doubt it was a huge investment for them.

They're probably talking to Disney right now: "Hey, maybe give Hulkbuster his own film, hmm?" :monkey3

Quick potato look at the new Hulkbuster for IW. Looks to be a more streamlined version.

FocusedGracefulIceblueredtopzebra.gif

I wouldn't be suprised if hulkbuster lasted 30 seconds after this scene. Just enough that the audience goes "oh crap HB is going to kick some butt!" just before one of the bad guys destroys it.

If I want a HB armor the original is probably the one I would want. Kinda like how I am now only really interested owning in suits 1-7. If IW is awesome I suppose that could change. One of the major things going against this piece is that AOU was a pretty weak film.

Anyone crazy enough thinking about owning both?

... I think I am...
I wouldn't mind owning both, but the armor would have to wow me. The first one got my attention because of how massive it is, so the second won't be as impressive since it's kinda been done before. It'll need to be different enough for me to warrant buying it, which I don't think it will.

Anyone crazy enough thinking about owning both?

... I think I am...

I would but like Chris said it would have to be different in some really major way, like i a $900+ major way. So not just a color change and some extra lights. The way the IM suits have been going if V2 is changed i would think it would be smoother like the MK45 or 46. I like the chunky tank look of this current version.

If HT even makes it. It might have a short amount of screen time and they are going to have a lot on their plate with JL, Thor, Star Wars, BP and IW figures. I doubt we will even see most IW figures shipping until mid 2019, a V2 HB would probaly not ship until late 2019 early 2020 if we are lucky.

I'll go against the grain and say no, I (probably) wouldn't get it. The original Hulkbuster was iconic - the way it was introduced, the fact that it was the first time we saw it... for me it has story behind it. I guess I'll have to wait to see the movie but having it in the second one (looking different) might be more of a "oh, there it is again, they've used it for this bit" feeling. I'd rather spend that money getting figured that mean more to me.

If it's iconic and plays a good part in the movie, why not? I sort of prefer it to play out In a more intimate scene. With Tony actually interacting with other cast members in a open helmet hulkbuster before engaging in the fight. Feel more human rather then just controlling the suit and bashing it throughout. We already had that with the first HB..

Back