1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I'm really torn on this figure. For anyone reading who may be on fence about picking up AOU Capt, you may want to reconsider if dynamic posing is your thing.
Occasionally i open the detolf and re-pose my my HTs just to keep them fresh. Well, the posing options and overall articulation of capt does not impress me. This guy can't really even bend his knees because those damn knee pads are so restrictive. If you bends his knees or just widens his stance (running) the slightest those knee pads slide over. This drives made crazy because it loses the scale for me, so I am limited to very generic stances only

Maybe I should go through this thread and see what you guys with Capt poses

Guys I'm really torn on this figure. For anyone reading who may be on fence about picking up AOU Capt, you may want to reconsider if dynamic posing is your thing.
Occasionally i open the detolf and re-pose my my HTs just to keep them fresh. Well, the posing options and overall articulation of capt does not impress me. This guy can't really even bend his knees because those damn knee pads are so restrictive. If you bends his knees or just widens his stance (running) the slightest those knee pads slide over. This drives made crazy because it loses the scale for me, so I am limited to very generic stances only

I'm not sure what other figures have considerably greater articulation. Other then Iron man. I don't see any pose he can't get into really. He's more possible then I am. Lol

Thanks! The one in #5621 looks like a real shot :)

Articulation: Yes, they all are pretty limited, but dang they look cool :cool:

He's the most poseable Cap figure thus far, in my opinion.

The off center knee pads are my only quibble. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say they "slide over" though, as to me, they're already slid over being that they're not centered too well over his knees.

I wouldn't be too worried about bending and posing these figures too much cause HT are not known to be the sturdiest figures in the world. You could break something and now you got a busted $200+ figure with not much value afterwards.

Why would Cap need to be super poseable anyway? He's doesn't need to get into Spidey poses. Doing squats in jeans isn't the easiest way to do them, so I doubt Cap's real costume would be that suited for flexibility.

From left to right: 1:1 Cap, 1:6 Cap, 1:6 Black Widow, 1:6 Hawkeye and 1:2 Hawkeye.

_MG_2495.jpg

Looking to pick this guy up to continue my Avengers collection(get my 43 on friday! :). Is it worth picking this guy up for the unfortunate prices, or do you think there will be abother Cap for Civil War that would be viable? Thanks in advance!

Looking to pick this guy up to continue my Avengers collection(get my 43 on friday! :). Is it worth picking this guy up for the unfortunate prices, or do you think there will be abother Cap for Civil War that would be viable? Thanks in advance!

I love this figure and think it's the best Cap figure to date, so I would be willing to pay about $300, personally. The CW suit looks very similar to the AoU suit, so many people who missed out acquiring AoU Cap at retail are merely waiting for CW Cap to come out. However, the consensus seems to be that the AoU suit is slightly preferred over the CW suit, mostly because the AoU suit has the white stripes around the biceps to break up the blue a bit, whereas the CW suit, does not.

However, like the iSheep for instance, there will be people who need to have the latest figure and will unload the previous version (AoU) when the newer version (CW) comes out. So you may see a rash of used AoU Caps go up for sale when CW Cap gets released.

Back