1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there're still a few months to go before the end of the year, but this Cap gets my vote for HT's figure of the year!

Everything is pretty much spot on, especially in crucial areas like paint apps, suit tailoring and proportions. The only things, and this is being really, really nitpicky, that I could fault on is the magnetised hands that looks slightly awkward, and the decision to go with a slipcase box design which has always felt a little cheap to me (have always preferred the shoebox design).

Besides, at current prices, it's hard to beat this figure in terms of value. I mean, nowadays, which other figure set gives you 2 headsculpts and an additional helmet for $225 ?

AoU Cap ftw!

:lol

Yeah, there were a few things on mine out of the box that I needed to straighten up and adjust. Cutting a few loose threads, straightening his utility belt and pulling down his pants a bit so there's a bit of white showing underneath the middle red stripe.

I pulled the pants down a little and straightened out the belt before those pics, but that's all I did so far out of the box. I have a few fly away threads that need to be clipped too.

I fixed his undershirt and now all is right with the world

The judicious side of me absolutely agrees. The Cap fan in me is saying go for 10.

10. Yes, 10. 10 is the right thing to do :lecture

It's the only one I need too...

:lol:lol :yess:

I pulled the pants down a little and straightened out the belt before those pics, but that's all I did so far out of the box. I have a few fly away threads that need to be clipped too.

I fixed his undershirt and now all is right with the world

10. Yes, 10. 10 is the right thing to do :lecture

Normally I don't get bothered by loose threads/Irish ropes if they're small. I had a few "spider web" loose threads per se where both ends were still attached to the suit. They needed to go. I cut the thread in half and then cut off the two separate ends at their respective origin.

I took off his belt and pulled down his pants a bit and then reattached his belt straighter.

And yes, 10 is indeed what I'm doing. Being a staunch Cap fan, CW Cap isn't even a judgment call. :lol

Huh, one looks away for two weeks, and Cap sells out...

Sideshow wasn't really an option for me anyway (add shipping and VAT to my country and $225 becomes $325...), so I was looking around on ebay, but all I ever saw were $300+ prices right from the release. But I have this strange fear that CW Cap might not get the magnetic stuff (considering that's Stark technology, and with them being on opposite sides...), so I sucked it up in the end and made an offer on one before prices go haywire, and hopefully I'll get a tracking number soon.

Huh, one looks away for two weeks, and Cap sells out...

Sideshow wasn't really an option for me anyway (add shipping and VAT to my country and $225 becomes $325...), so I was looking around on ebay, but all I ever saw were $300+ prices right from the release. But I have this strange fear that CW Cap might not get the magnetic stuff (considering that's Stark technology, and with them being on opposite sides...), so I sucked it up in the end and made an offer on one before prices go haywire, and hopefully I'll get a tracking number soon.

Good luck! Fingers crossed.

And no, it looks like in CW, Cap ditches the magnetic shield tech and goes back to solely handles. Like you said, being that they're adversaries in this film, I suppose he doesn't want any of Starks crutches. :lol

I just have a hunch that the CW version will include some extras or something different that will set it apart from the usual Cap release, sort of like AoU Widow (despite the fact that most if her goodies never made it to the screen)

What in the world is happening? .... i put off getting this figure just for the price to sky rocket. :slap... i screwed up. I knew i shouldn't have cancelled my order from SSC.

Just got my cap and he has what looks to be paint wear on the back of his helmet. It looks like a factory error, but I seen a loose head on ebay that has the same blemish. Can someone confirm that this is a error or intentional?

wait 6 months and get the inevitably better figure from civil war

who says?

what? its a very safe assumption, stealth cap was way better then the avengers one... still not great (neither is this one)

AOU is the best Cap to date....small chest stealth Cap is cool,but that is not Cap to me...classic colors are Cap

Just got my cap and he has what looks to be paint wear on the back of his helmet. It looks like a factory error, but I seen a loose head on ebay that has the same blemish. Can someone confirm that this is a error or intentional?

It's intentional, if you look on the back of the spare helmet they included with Cap you will see the same marks on it.

I guess I'm not buying anymore Caps until the super. ultra, mega improved best one comes out in 2062.

who says?

AOU is the best Cap to date....small chest stealth Cap is cool,but that is not Cap to me...classic colors are Cap

Hot toys will make a Civil war Captain America, the costume is near identical but will likely have a new head and possibly better articulation, and I say neither are great, this one because the miss aligned ab section and baggy pants with a ****** plastic leg wrap that looks like a barbie piece... hoping the next is better, if not, Ill wait for the one after that

Back