1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I just found out the card I have on file for the site was hijacked and cancelled by my bank... I really hope I don't miss out on this for such a stupid reason.

They would be nuts to not make another Hawkeye after what happened with the last one. I hope he has the trench coat, I love the way that looks.

I hope your right. I am sure HT's has to see what he is selling for in secondary market and demand is there. Another Hulk though, I doubt.

Damn, I just found out the card I have on file for the site was hijacked and cancelled by my bank... I really hope I don't miss out on this for such a stupid reason.

hope you get it straightened out boss. I would be so pissed if I lost out on a exclusive preorder because of a POS thief. I had my card hijacked 3 times in past year and a half.

I hope your right. I am sure HT's has to see what he is selling for in secondary market and demand is there. Another Hulk though, I doubt.

I almost think they would be crazy if they DID make another Hulk figure, especially after the sale they just had at SSC on him.

*sound of can of worms being opened up*

I'm pretty well-schooled on other collectibles but I'm admittedly an IM newb. I've been looking over the promotional photos for this on the SSC site and can't quite wrap my head around the proportions. i.e. I'm not sure it sells a "guy in power-armour" so much as it seems to need more bulk.

While initially quite happy with the one IM piece I own (Mark VII) I'm really starting to question the proportions HT uses. Thoughts?

I agree. So far, the only armor I've seen made into a 1/6 toy that could reasonably fit a 1/6 person inside is the Silver Centurion.

I almost think they would be crazy if they DID make another Hulk figure, especially after the sale they just had at SSC on him.

Your right. He did not sell all that well. I bought 2 pack with Banner from ssc (my first Marvel purchase), no regret or disappointment.

hope you get it straightened out boss. I would be so pissed if I lost out on a exclusive preorder because of a POS thief. I had my card hijacked 3 times in past year and a half.

Thanks... yeah, I have a good track record with exclusives so far and my OCD will go off the charts if I miss this one, lol... I emailed them to ask for an extension on the NRD, but just in case I have an emergency credit card I forgot about to use temporarily, but I'd still rather not use it at all.

They should have made a power pose Hulk. All those exposed joints were a huge negative.

DAMn 350$ in SSC and 278-320 in Hongkiong....apparantly with oil price decreasing doesnt reduce the plastic price.

I would surprised if the exclusive is sold out in a few days.

With the aftermarket prices of Avengers Hawkeye I would say.....yes to a 2.0 coming.he has a new attire so it is possible Hot toys will remake him.

Ahh... dammit.. pre-ordered the exclusive. I've been itchy fingered to own ONE Iron Man figure, and there is something appealing (in my mind at least) about the die-cast, so I've been thinking heavily about the MkIII. Generally speaking, the newer Tony's design, the more visually appealing to me (although the 42 was a little too much Gold for me), and I'm assuming the quality and features of newer Hot Toys figures get better, as they've done what 20 or 30 of them now?

Oh.. as for price, for me to get the diecast Mk 42 locally in New Zealand (it is one of the models SS won't ship here for some reason) is $549 including shipping (US$426)... Iron Patriot diecast is about the same. Other Iron Man prices currently are Red Snapper, Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker all between 429-449 (about US$340 average)

It's also worth remembering that for almost every other figure, Hot Toys starts with an established body and then sculpts the head and accessories. Iron Man figures have to be created from scratch every time. There is no set "body" that can be just reused.

Every Iron Man figure is considerably more complicated from a design, engendering and production standpoint than virtually any other figure they produce.

I'm not saying that is the only factor to their price, but is a large one.

Half of the iron Man figures are repaints or make use of the same moulds over and over and still cost a bomb. They charge a lot because they can, the design factor isn't a factor

I'm not making any excuses for HT prices, but the expense of toy collecting has been swelling to gross proportions for the last decade...when I first started buying Marvel Legends, they were $7.99...and they came with a lot of stuff. Now, they're $20 dollars a pop with barely just the figure! The Colonial Marines were my first Hot Toys...$89.99 each. When Robocop came out, I wanted it so bad, but refused to pay a $100 for a figure! That was my limit! Years later, I drop over $400 for Robocop and his toilet seat, lol! When collecting anything, you gotta pay to play, I suppose...

Half of the iron Man figures are repaints or make use of the same moulds over and over and still cost a bomb. They charge a lot because they can, the design factor isn't a factor

Gotta disagree. Design is the biggest part of the iron man figures. A typical HT cloth Dollie has all of the expense in the sculpt. The clothes are pennies to make and assemble.

See exhibit below...... Not being a fanboy, just know manufacturing pretty well. That is design, tech and time.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Disassembled.jpg

Gotta disagree. Design is the biggest part of the iron man figures. A typical HT cloth Dollie has all of the expense in the sculpt. The clothes are pennies to make and assemble.

See exhibit below...... Not being a fanboy, just know manufacturing pretty well. That is design, tech and time.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Disassembled.jpg

And my point is they get to reuse all that for multiple figures so it's not like each and every one is a one-time-use mould that would give reason for the high price. They reuse many of those parts on the variants and 2.0s

Off topic question, but does anyone know how many reward points equal 1 USD?

Not to go all business on ya, but you are really not understanding manufacturing. Resin, oil and heat prices have been escalating for the last 10 years. What you make one year over another is going to have added charges the next. It's easy to say they use the same parts, but that is the design not their fault.

Point is there is still design and process to manufacture iron man figures which is not the case for regular Ht figures outside of a cheap plastic body.

Back