1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after all the bickering, anyone else ready to actually discuss the figure? Does the ultron have any articulation? I say yes.

The lottery system is to win 1 year of free VIP membership. Its HKD$2180 pre order at Secret Base for Public. Not Toy Soul price. I just came back from HK last night, and going to pick up the Mark 43 in summer.
So at around $1000 round trip from USA to HK, $285 for the figure, and another $1000 round trip in the summer to pick it up...
Yeah...you've gotten a GREAT deal.
Just messing with you. I know you're going to HK for other reasons, etc.
When Hot Toys sell to Sideshow at wholesale, they STILL have to make a profit...and so does Sideshow. So I get the Mark-Up. Just think they could still make just a bit less profit and have this piece be at the $309 price point.
Please don't get me wrong.... I'm just curious about the the 'why's' and 'hows.' I never intended to get this particular Mark, so the price only concerns me from a future IM Armor perspective. I'm not a completest so no worries there. I would like to get one "traditional" Red/Gold armor, so I'm waiting to see new armors after this OR a Diecast version of the Mark VI or VII.

Just ordered mine, $189.00 after rewards. :yess:

I'm going to try posing mine gripping the damaged Ultron round the throat, I think that will look awesome!

Click the link! Buy now!
Iron Man Mark XLIII - Hot Toys 1:6

The extremely-anticipated, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is only a few months away! Our favorite superhero team is assembled again when Tony Stark’s peacekeeping program goes awry and it is up to the Avengers to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans...

To get fans ready for this super exciting film, Hot Toys is thrilled to jump start the Avengers: Age of Ultron collectible series by presenting the 1/6th scale Mark XLIII Collectible Figure! It is also the newest addition to our MMS Diecast Series which the collectible figures are made of diecast material, and realistically designed to look even more like the armor as it appears in the blockbuster.

The movie-accurate Mark XLIII Collectible Figure is highly detailed and specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Mark XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron, featuring a newly painted Tony Stark helmeted head sculpt, metallic red, gold and silver armor with weathered effects, LED light-up functions, and a specially designed diorama base with a damaged Ultron Mark I. A special edition will be available for selected markets which includes a LED lighted battle damaged helmet as bonus accessory.

Pre-order this amazing collectible figure to kick-off your Avengers: Age of Ultron collection!

The 1/6th scale Mark XLIII Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark XLIII in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Newly painted helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie
- Alternate helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor with weathered effects
- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of interchangeable wrist guards for posing with repulsor palms
- One (1) interchangeable forearm rocket armor
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
- Articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement

Accessory:
- A specially designed diorama figure base featuring a detachable damaged Ultron Mark I, Mark XLIII nameplate and movie logo

Bonus Accessory for Special Edition (For Selected Markets Only)
- One (1) LED lighted battle damaged Mark XLIII helmet (red light, battery operated)

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required

Release date: Q2 – Q3, 2015
© 2014 Marvel.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

10373152_10152476050637344_3394143727504817186_o.jpg

Boring.jpg

I think I'm going to go for this figure. It's expensive but I like the way the armor looks and the base is cool.

This whole price discussions are getting a lil ridiculous. HT knows people will go nuts with AoU. Period.

If you have the money, and you love IM, congratulations!

If you don't, or do, but you don't see yourself paying the premium out of principle, I applaud you.

But just drop the ****. I mean, if HT continues to make Transformer figures after OP, I'll sell everything in order to afford it, and I'll justify it as much as I like because I LOVE G1 TF's.

Optimus Prime, a plastic figure with a $345 tag just like this Diecast one.

Fair game, bring more TF's!

This whole price discussions are getting a lil ridiculous. HT knows people will go nuts with AoU. Period.

If you have the money, and you love IM, congratulations!

If you don't, or do, but you don't see yourself paying the premium out of principle, I applaud you.

But just drop the ****. I mean, if HT continues to make Transformer figures after OP, I'll sell everything in order to afford it, and I'll justify it as much as I like because I LOVE G1 TF's.

Optimus Prime, a plastic figure with a $345 tag just like this Diecast one.

Fair game, bring more TF's!

I kinda figured this would be at least $330. I joked that it would be $350, so the price doesn't really shock me. It just means that HT, which has surprisingly shown some restraint with the SW pricing so far, has taken off the gloves with the AoU line.

$345...man...with these recent HT preorders, I feel like Chris Rock in New Jack City...instead of a crack pipe, I'm holding my phone, sweating over my next move...and just like the movie, the result's the same...ordered without even blinking...

Why is this more expensive? Just to see what people will pay. If you really want it that bad but don't like the price, just wait awhile until it goes on sale. HT is over producing now so things don't sell out now like they use to. If you don't have to have it at release, just be patient.

Why is this more expensive? Just to see what people will pay. If you really want it that bad but don't like the price, just wait awhile until it goes on sale. HT is over producing now so things don't sell out now like they use to. If you don't have to have it at release, just be patient.

For most figures, that is a good rule of thumb.
But Ironman is just one of those figures that no matter what they put out, it will sell.
And this being the equivalent of Mark VII for the Avengers, I would be shock if this doesnt sell out.

It's also worth remembering that for almost every other figure, Hot Toys starts with an established body and then sculpts the head and accessories. Iron Man figures have to be created from scratch every time. There is no set "body" that can be just reused.

Every Iron Man figure is considerably more complicated from a design, engendering and production standpoint than virtually any other figure they produce.

I'm not saying that is the only factor to their price, but is a large one.

Back