1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely getting it but hate the NRD. Not sure if the EX is worth the extra $15-30 this will cost me by ordering through sideshow instead of bbts due to CA sales tax.

I think when you factor in that the helmet is exclusive plus the base which essentially has another almost half figure the price isn't that terrible. If it didn't have those items I bet this would be around the same price as the diecast Mark XLII.

I think when you factor in that the helmet is exclusive plus the base which essentially has another almost half figure the price isn't that terrible. If it didn't have those items I bet this would be around the same price as the diecast Mark XLII.
Except that the Regular Edition of this figure (without the BD Helmet) is the same price. I thought the same as you until this was found out.

Given that the extra helmet lights up, I'm pretty sure it'll fit on the neck. Hot Toys has made some helmets that were just plastic shells (like the flaming 42 helmet), but if there are electronics inside, I can't see them passing up the opportunity to make it a displayable head. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've made a light up head yet (Iron Man or otherwise) that doesn't go on the neck.

Have Mark 42 diecast. Other than awesome base, looks like a repaint to me of 42. Really prefer more red over gold on 43 for sure though. I know there are IM fans will point out slight differences, but to me, armor looks same as 42 but different color scheme. Also mark 42 came with battle damaged armor.

Except that the Regular Edition of this figure (without the BD Helmet) is the same price. I thought the same as you until this was found out.

I think the point of what he said was that the base with the dead Ultron Mk1 is the part that makes it more expensive. And I fully agree. As he said it's pretty much like another 1/2 of a figure.

That red eye ultron Mark 43 helmet will probably make more sense after AOU. It'll probably look pretty mean on the body, if it does fit.

Definitely getting it but hate the NRD. Not sure if the EX is worth the extra $15-30 this will cost me by ordering through sideshow instead of bbts due to CA sales tax.
Wait until that helmet fetches ridiculous prices on eBay.
Yep, the helmet alone will be going for $50 or $60, easy, let alone what the stand will fetch. This thread's been an interesting read. Glad I'm not that much into Iron Man.

*starts rambling*

Have to disagree with those that say the Ultron Mark I included in the stand is in any way a replacement for a full figure. No way. I can easily forego one of forty-three Iron Men before giving up one of say three Ultrons. My Mark III will be fine with Ultron Mark I and another variant.

ZE_501: 100% agree. Even though I like this colour scheme better than the XLII, when I was looking through the photos, they were kind of a big turn off. No way could a human fit in that armour, especially at the joints. It looks OK as a robot, but as a human... Too much suspension of disbelief for me to enjoy it, anyway.

Lastly, good point by hokie. People bitched and complained for more weight and for diecast (oh, it feels so much more like an armour b/c of the weight, blah blah). Well, hope you're lovin' these prices, fellas! :D

Last edited:
I think the point of what he said was that the base with the dead Ultron Mk1 is the part that makes it more expensive. And I fully agree. As he said it's pretty much like another 1/2 of a figure.
It's not even half a figure (semantics)...and possibly no articulation. I wouldn't consider that a figure...but that's just me. If others do...fine by me.
Out of curiosity, I would just like to know, even WITH the new Base, etc. does manufacturing costs alone justify the price IF the Mark 43 uses already existing parts/molds for most of the figure.
Do we know what the retail of the Mark 42 from Secret Base was when released....and compare that to their retail of the 43. Anyone have those stats?
Meaning: is it HT raising the price point or Sideshow?

$345...man...with these recent HT preorders, I feel like Chris Rock in New Jack City...instead of a crack pipe, I'm holding my phone, sweating over my next move...and just like the movie, the result's the same...ordered without even blinking...

pookie-o.gif

I don't like, own or want mark 42, so this was a done deal for me regardless of price or extras. I honestly expected the AoU figures to be more expensive based on the Avengers branding... I don't necessarily think it justifies a price hike, but I have a feeling they will eventually reach a ceiling... I know the whole 'if we keep buying them, they will keep raising the price' argument, and whether that's true or not, I really want the figures from AoU and i've been holding back on a few other things i've wanted just to make sure I have the cash for it all... The only disappointment for me with this figure is the release date. I was really expecting to see this near the movie release.

Also, I don't think there will be another version of this armor. I may be wrong, but due to the staggering potential amount of figures from this set I can't see them dragging it out for this one considering it may not be the prominent armor in the movie.

Last edited:
Damn was not expecting that price. I hope they tweak what is actually supposed to be different on the final figure and dont just give us a repaint.

I think Hot Toys will probably not produce a whole lot of these. This is so SSC doesn't have the same situation that everything that is currently on sale due to over production. And I was correct, there was soo much bitching about the pricing of this Iron Man figure.

Dammit! Freaking did it and preordered. I had to play catch up on Avengers Cap, Coulson, and Fury. Will not miss paying retail price again if I can avoid it.
Did not get Hawkeye or Loki from Avengers, too damn expensive. Picked up Widow from Winter soldier. Just need Hawkeye to complete Avengers and of course Scarlet Witch when she comes out. Does Hawkeye 2.0 coming out have a good chance?

They would be nuts to not make another Hawkeye after what happened with the last one. I hope he has the trench coat, I love the way that looks.

Back