1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, as I mentioned in that thread, I can see SS's perspective.

I'm not sure how the replacement process works with them since I've never had to do it, but depending on the severity of the issue, I don't see them sending someone a replacement figure/part for every single issue. As I said, I don't know how the process works, but being that they're just a distributor and not the actual producer of these figures, I don't imagine them opening shipping crate after shipping crate and box after box, to find the "perfect" figure. The figures are hand made and when that's the case, not every single one is going to look EXACTLY the same as the other. Them being hand made is also what makes them so expernsive and valuable. They have other customers that they need to tend to also and if the figure in question is a hot seller, may not have one to give you at that time. I would imagine giving someone a replacement figure is a lost potential sale for them.

Although when your figure does have a genuine issue and you get rebuffed, I can understand one's frustrations. It's easy to tell someone else, "Oh well" when it's not yours that has the alleged issue.

Usually they have an allocated number of figures set to one side to be used for repairs and replacements. All other stock is sold though as normal. Once the replacement allocation is used up, SSC can no longer offer anything but a refund.

They also try to maximise the number of people they can help with replacement stock by reviewing each issue individually then either just offering a refund or limiting the number of replacements that they offer to each customer to one or two, after which they will just offer you a refund.

They are only obliged to refund you, replacements are a bonus.

Usually they have an allocated number of figures set to one side to be used for repairs and replacements. All other stock is sold though as normal. Once the replacement allocation is used up, SSC can no longer offer anything but a refund.

They also try to maximise the number of people they can help with replacement stock by limiting the number of replacements that they offer to each customer to one or two, after which they will just offer you a refund.

Makes sense. More less a numbers game as I suspected.

As I mentioned and as I'm sure most know, they're merely a distributor; not the manufacturer.

I really wish this guy came with a regular AOU stand too.

The non-uniformity drives me crazy.

They do replacements for very obvious defects.

Guys complaining are thinking SSC ABSOLUTELY has to replace their stuff.

It's up them to choose which case was deemed appropriate to replace.

Their in the right to say no and instead offer a full refund and tell customers you can always buy another.

Preach it! Like that guy who complained about a magnet that came unglued on his IM mask, dab of superglue and you save everyones time, plus SS offered him a $20 coupon

Yeah, I do think some of the things people complain about and want a replacement on is a little extreme. A slightly off center star on Cap's chest for instance. I can understand an extremely crooked one, but not one that is less than 1cm in any particular direction. I can understand people's frustrations, but some of these purported issues are kind of trivial to the point where you're trying to find something wrong with it.

As I mentioned, when these items are hand made, not every single one is going to be precisely the same as the other. Some stitching might be very slightly misaligned, etc.

yeah, Im pretty sure it was in the mk 7 stealth thread

made me feel bad for SS having to try and sort out such petty complaints

Let me guess, it was a person just starting to get into HTs and was so excited to get a limited piece

Let me guess, it was a person just starting to get into HTs and was so excited to get a limited piece

Everyone was a beginner at some point. We all have to start somewhere and learn the ropes so to speak when one takes up a particular hobby or interest.

I remember the Alien Bust threads got pretty heated. I dunno, you definitely don't expect small or thin parts to be broken, that's not acceptable at all. But slight paint variations or scuffing to the gloss of the dome?.. You could keep returning and keep returning them over those sorts of things considering the nature of them.

I remember the Alien Bust threads got pretty heated. I dunno, you definitely don't expect small or thin parts to be broken, that's not acceptable at all. But slight paint variations or scuffing to the gloss of the dome?.. You could keep returning and keep returning them over those sorts of things considering the nature of them.

Agreed, some stuff is pretty trivial. And I don't imagine SS rummaging through shipping crate after shipping crate to find the "perfect" one to ensure it doesn't have the same or any other issue to give you as a replacement.

Personally I think he was just an entitled prat. Nothing in this world comes 100% perfect, hell im sure some of howard chans figs have minor imperfections these people would feel entitled to be fixed. its just not realistic. there are of course reasonable grievances, but in this hobby the two supplies every collector should own day one are super glue and a hobby knife :lol

Everyone was a beginner at some point. We all have to start somewhere and learn the ropes so to speak when one takes up a particular hobby or interest.
Still, you shouldn't feel entitled to something. Sure you paid for it but it's petty to keep bothering SSC if they are working within their own policies. It's like that everywhere in life.

Just because someone is new to a hobby, it doesn't excuse them for not respecting a company's way of business.
Personally I think he was just an entitled prat. Nothing in this world comes 100% perfect, hell im sure some of howard chans figs have minor imperfections these people would feel entitled to be fixed. its just not realistic. there are of course reasonable grievances

:exactly: :goodpost:

Still, you shouldn't feel entitled to something. Sure you paid for it but it's petty to keep bothering SSC if they are working within their own policies. It's like that everywhere in life.

Just because someone is new to a hobby, it doesn't excuse them for not respecting a company's way of business.

Agreed.

Although I don't believe someone being a newb so to speak is concomitant to them feeling entitled. Any particular person can possess a misguided sense of entitlement.

In fact, you could say someone with more experience could possibly have a bigger sense of entitlement.

Agreed.

Although I don't believe someone being a newb so to speak is concomitant to them feeling entitled. Any particular person can possess a misguided sense of entitlement.

In fact, you could say someone with more experience could possibly have a bigger sense of entitlement.

That is true

Back