1/6 Hot Toys - MMS264 - X-Men: DOFP: Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm worried the Fass will not approve any figures. Clive Owen did the same back in 05 with his Dwight figure, although he has come around now for DST.

Johnny Utah killing it with the avy and sig, again.

Claire nailed the Jackman license, but let's wait and see what this headsculpt looks like in the blogger pics.

That's a long wait :(

I'm calling it. Production figure's gonna look like Patrick Dempsey.

patrdempsey.jpg

This entire discussion makes me wonder if we will see more figures for X-Men Apocalypse. They will probably have at least some of the likeness rights worked out at that point and I can see Apocalypse scratching a billion worldwide making it the most successful X movie at that point. Add to that the already existing demand for some of these characters and I think we might actually get something out of this next movie.

Who here thinks we will see multiple figures for Apocalypse?

I bet they're securing likeness rights not just for X-Men Days of Future Past but for future movies. Secure those rights with the actors, Fox and Disney now for future movies rather than just for this one movie.

Simply..it's the most expensive license we have at this point now and the effects of Disney taking over are now in full effect going forward.

-SideshowAlex

^ This was in response to the price-hike in Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars Luke.

Since Disney owns Marvel and Hot Toys has to get them to license this figure as well as Fox, they could be the reason for this big price.

I hope things are worked out by X-Men Apocalypse. Or at the very least Hot Toys goes back and makes a few from X2 while we wait on X-Men Apocalypse. Or perhaps a Jennifer Lawrence Mystique since she's so popular these days. The X-Men line should be almost as popular as the Avengers.

I honestly done like Lawrence at all, over rated, I'd like a Cyclops and Iceman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly done like Lawrence at all, over rated, I'd like a Cyclops and Iceman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From these films?!?!?!?

I'm with you on the Jennifer Lawrence hype though.

I hope things are worked out by X-Men Apocalypse. Or at the very least Hot Toys goes back and makes a few from X2 while we wait on X-Men Apocalypse. Or perhaps a Jennifer Lawrence Mystique since she's so popular these days. The X-Men line should be almost as popular as the Avengers.

The X-Men movies are no where near as popular as the Marvel Studios films, mainly Avengers. Products from the X-Men films will never meet the selling power Marvel Studios products have.

The X-Men movies are no where near as popular as the Marvel Studios films, mainly Avengers. Products from the X-Men films will never meet the selling power Marvel Studios products have.

TBD given that there really hasn't been an attempt to sell Fox/Marvel merchandise the way Disney/Marvel merchandise is being pushed

Just based on movie popularity, avengers wrecked all X-Men movies and a2 will be even more popular

X-Men (2000) had a worldwide gross of $297 Million back in 2000. It made $157 Million Domestically.
X2 (2003) had a worldwide gross of $408 Million back in 2003. It made $214 Million Domestically.

Without 3D, IMAX, and with admission tickets literally half the price of those non-3D or IMAX tickets to 2012's Avengers - its arguable that the two franchises are that different popularity-wise.

Add to that the MUCH MUCH smaller internet hype of the early 2000s when compared to 2012 - when trailers now get millions of views in minutes.

I always find the comparison of successful franchises decades apart to be trivial. Too many things have to be factored in.

Personally, the fact that Days of Future Past grossed $746 Million worldwide for the 7th film in a 14-year-old franchise is VERY impressive to me. Avengers is also impressive but its a much newer series that's barely peaked.

Yeah no kidding! X-men went from being a dead series until 1st class came along and revived the franchise, then DOFP
really showed the x-men franchise is still worthwhile. If they would not emphasize on wolvie so much and show all
the other cool mutants from the comics x-men could really make some money.

Back