1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, both Loki head sculpts need more of a smirk. Funny, with most figures you want a stoic expression but with Loki you don't, and we get it lol.

I think the new sculpt is much better tho, gives off that evil look he had in the second film.

I think one of the better elements of this figure's head over the Avengers one is how relaxed his eyebrows look. Compare to the Avengers head where his eyebrows look very sharp and furrowed, the TDW head looks calm in a sly way which seems more fitting of his depiction in TDW. I mean even in the photos where he's smirking, his eyebrows look relaxed, and he's not glaring as much as the Avengers sculpt.

If I could get a headsculpt like the top row, second from the right, I'm good. That is the definitive Loki look for me lol.

Yeah, a sculpt with that expression will be awesome. Then again, the smirk might not work as well with some of the more action oriented poses (if i give him avenger Loki's long sceptor).

Mine took 4 days and I was on the wait list for the Ex. I think you have a very good chance :)

Oh nice! I decided that I wanted a villain for each marvel hero (eg. Thor-Loki, cap-w.soldier, ironman-ultron?....). Hopefully he comes through. Be a great birthday present for me:hi5:

Oh my... I'm actually considering this! That head scult really grew on me.. and they really nailed the costume this time!
I'm totally new to the forums, but I need some professional advice (that is, from other Loki fans, and not from my friends who just think I'm crazy and they don't see many differences between the two figures)

So... Would it be a smart move selling my avengers Loki to get this one? I don't have enough space for 2, and I'm not really into storing $200-300 figures in my closet haha

Oh my... I'm actually considering this! That head scult really grew on me.. and they really nailed the costume this time!
I'm totally new to the forums, but I need some professional advice (that is, from other Loki fans, and not from my friends who just think I'm crazy and they don't see many differences between the two figures)

So... Would it be a smart move selling my avengers Loki to get this one? I don't have enough space for 2, and I'm not really into storing $200-300 figures in my closet haha
I'd probably keep the Avengers headsculpt and scepter lol.
That is, if you're willing to split it into parts.
Now, if it's one or the other, I'd keep the Avengers to be honest.
Thor 3 is yet to come. That would be majestic I think.
Heck, even Thor 1 Loki hasn't been made yet.

If you ha e an Avengers display keep the Avengers Loki. If you just have Loki and random other figures buy the DW version. The suit looks good (doesnt have that gold trim) but the HS is not as good so its a trade off.

If you ha e an Avengers display keep the Avengers Loki. If you just have Loki and random other figures buy the DW version. The suit looks good (doesnt have that gold trim) but the HS is not as good so its a trade off.
It's a random display, I', actually not rellay into the other avengers, except for Iron Man.. so yeah.. I'm kinda almost decided to get this one

I'd probably keep the Avengers headsculpt and scepter lol.
That is, if you're willing to split it into parts.
Now, if it's one or the other, I'd keep the Avengers to be honest.
Thor 3 is yet to come. That would be majestic I think.
Heck, even Thor 1 Loki hasn't been made yet.
I was thinking about Thor 3... they might make a new helmeted version, which will most likely kill these 2, so avengers Loki will end up looking almost like the first Joker from TDK lol

Nah, you can never have enough Lokis!! Anyhow, the DW Loki head sculpt has grown on me too. I'm getting a second to display out of box; but I think it still looks weird from some angles.

And honestly, if I can only display a single Loki, he'll definitely be wearing his helmet. I have a Stuttgart Loki next to an Avengers Loki with helmet and scepter; and my eyes always go to the helmeted Loki first. It's just that much more impressive. Since Avengers Loki helmet doesn't go on the DW Loki, I'd go with Avengers Loki (regardless of which head sculpt I like more).

I jumped on the exclusive waitlist about 3 weeks ago and mine converted......i doubt waitlist will impact anyone's ability to get the figure

Back