1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m2a962BVDe1rnwehko1_500.gif

Dear god that facial sculpt is awful! As I've got bugger all money atm thank god this is an easy pass for me.

Also I don't know how they've managed it but the body looks more bulky then the previous version. Tom is extremely thin and the costume hugs him like a second skin in places so this figure looks ridiculous in comparison.

and so.. I couldn't hold myself for not experimenting.. and believe it or not, it's much easier to tweak him as this one rather than tweaking him to look more like Hiddleston..

grimaloki_zps7c06b69c.jpg

and so.. I couldn't hold myself for not experimenting.. and believe it or not, it's much easier to tweak him as this one rather than tweaking him to look more like Hiddleston..

LOL At quick glance, that looks like that guy from LOTR: Two Towers who cast a spell under the king to control him before Gandalf releases the magic. :lol

Technically great but easily one of their worst likenesses. It'll definitely get changed though.

Will they though. Imo their Indiana Jones likeness was appalling and yet that stayed the same.

First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

Much, much better. Definitely post this on their FB page. I also agree, the HS is simply to "broad shaped." If he looked like that with a few more accessories, he would be an instant buy. I sure hope HT fixes this but I have a hunch their minor tweaks won't be enough to save this one. :(

For serious and truly: this really looks like two completely different people

1535592_715835695107491_1272312404_n.jpg

Where is Hiddleston's imperial slimness and grace? This figure is even stockier than Loki v.1, I would expect to see this build on Thor!

I keep coming back here to look at these pix and every time its still NOPE. So disappointed right now! Still looking forward to Superman and Zod, but I really really wanted an unhelmeted version of Loki and son I am disappoint! #firstworldproblems, I guess. :(

$220 was the price for Avengers Loki??? I thought it was much cheaper... I think I saw him at a local store for $250 without tax applied. Is that worth it? I might wait for the 3rd one but if that's a good value, I may purchase and sell for a bit more to earn some cash for Iron Monger... :dunno

For serious and truly: this really looks like two completely different people

1535592_715835695107491_1272312404_n.jpg

Where is Hiddleston's imperial slimness and grace? This figure is even stockier than Loki v.1, I would expect to see this build on Thor!

I keep coming back here to look at these pix and every time its still NOPE. So disappointed right now! Still looking forward to Superman and Zod, but I really really wanted an unhelmeted version of Loki and son I am disappoint! #firstworldproblems, I guess. :(

I think it's the same thing they did with Cavill.
People were moaning with the Cavill proto being on a TTM20.
So they kept the same proportions on the body, stretched the abdomen and(Most importantly), made the head larger...
So. HT will be mindful of the fact that a lot of fans complained about V1 Loki being too large with the costume on. So what do they do? Use a slimmer body and re-tailor the suit? No. They use almost the same suit, and make a larger, wider head.
It seems like they thought it would solve the problem of the body being to big/wide.
But it hasn't.

I think it's the same thing they did with Cavill.
People were moaning with the Cavill proto being on a TTM20.
So they kept the same proportions on the body, stretched the abdomen and(Most importantly), made the head larger...
So. HT will be mindful of the fact that a lot of fans complained about V1 Loki being too large with the costume on. So what do they do? Use a slimmer body and re-tailor the suit? No. They use almost the same suit, and make a larger, wider head.
It seems like they thought it would solve the problem of the body being to big/wide.
But it hasn't.

Let's hope they do their magic like they did with Superman. The original reveal of the MoS looked terrible! Apparently, HT listened to the fan feedback and now came out with probably one of their best figures ever! Thus we'll see if HT applies the Superman effect on Mr. Loki too! :pray:

Wow batsheva, that looks 100 times better!!! Yes do post this on their FB page! Great work with the photoshopping!!

Let's hope they do their magic like they did with Superman. The original reveal of the MoS looked terrible! Apparently, HT listened to the fan feedback and now came out with probably one of their best figures ever! Thus we'll see if HT applies the Superman effect on Mr. Loki too! :pray:

True, but the MoS reveal was bad because of the body - easily fixable. The face sculpt was beautiful. This is kind of the opposite, and therefore harder to fix.

However they have tweaked sculpts before, so lets hope it happens once again.

True, but the MoS reveal was bad because of the body - easily fixable. The face sculpt was beautiful. This is kind of the opposite, and therefore harder to fix.

However they have tweaked sculpts before, so lets hope it happens once again.

Agreed. And also agree that Cavill HS is hard to top. So looking forward to getting that one too.

$240 :lol

Oh Hot Toys...

Its like a bad joke

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

That is an amazing improvement

Yulli did that??? :slap who did the Avengers version?

Back