1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinking he is meaning there will be no Avengers Loki 2.0 and Im going to have to agree at this point. This is as close as your going to get.
I don't really see where the certainty of that is. A highly sought after figure that HT knows WILL sell out again if offered. I doubt anyone was clamouring for another Bank robber Joker yet we got one.

Isn't the Avengers Loki head available all over ebay from Asian sellers? If I was buying a Loki I'd pick up this figure and an Avengers head to go with it.

I don't really see where the certainty of that is. A highly sought after figure that HT knows WILL sell out again if offered. I doubt anyone was clamouring for another Bank robber Joker yet we got one.

But Batman is out of characters, and still sells very well so 2.0 's keep the Batman line going...the Marvel (Avengers / Thor / Capt A) are full of characters yet to go, not to mention Iron Man...every space sells out...they need more spaces...not 2.0's...

But Batman is out of characters, and still sells very well so 2.0 's keep the Batman line going...the Marvel (Avengers / Thor / Capt A) are full of characters yet to go, not to mention Iron Man...every space sells out...they need more spaces...not 2.0's...
I'd agree with that if every other Marvel release wasn't just another Iron Man variation. They know IM sells, and now same with Loki. Look at the Mark III die cast... that's basically a 2.0. If we were talking about Avengers Thor 2.0 or something then yeah that's not happening, but Avengers Loki would sell out every time.

I know late comers will buy but a lot of the fanbase has Avengers Loki already so I don't know if the demand is as high as you are hoping. Plus it won't be the same MSRP as the previous release so I would guess by current trends about $229(which is better than current rate but is still high). I certainly can happen but they may be a little preoccupied with Marvel phase 2 line and a Loki was just released(although with a crappier HS and no Helmet, but he is out there). I know you want it to happen because you want one and don't want to pay aftermarket prices and don't want to settle for the inferior version so you'll have to wait it out and see.

Im thinking he is meaning there will be no Avengers Loki 2.0 and Im going to have to agree at this point. This is as close as your going to get.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

I'd agree with that if every other Marvel release wasn't just another Iron Man variation. They know IM sells, and now same with Loki. Look at the Mark III die cast... that's basically a 2.0. If we were talking about Avengers Thor 2.0 or something then yeah that's not happening, but Avengers Loki would sell out every time.

Iron Man, Batman, Predator figures sell infinitely more units than Thor(Loki) figures ever have or will.

This one isn't sold out on Sideshow, and it's available at other retailers so I'm not sure where you're getting "it's sold out" from unless you're referring to the EX, and if that's the case, most EX's sell out which doesn't set this apart from any of those.

Comparing Loki to the Mk 3 makes no sense, collectors clamored for an improved Mk 3 for YEARS whereas nobody even wanted a near identical Loki.

This figure has the same exact outfit that's just better tailored, similar (yet less) accessories, this is your 2.0 figure.

There is nothing 2.0 about this Loki. Whatsoever. What similar accessories are you talking about? It has no cape, helmet or long or short scepter. It's simply Loki as he was in TDW. That's like saying Avengers Cap is a 2.0 because he came out after TFA figure.

Avengers Loki selling out is what i referred to, unless you got on the waitlist back then, or are willing to shell out $600 now on secondary markets you're out of luck. I'm saying if that Loki was offered again, it'd sell like hotcakes.

There is nothing 2.0 about this Loki. Whatsoever. What similar accessories are you talking about? It has no cape, helmet or long or short scepter. It's simply Loki as he was in TDW. That's like saying Avengers Cap is a 2.0 because he came out after TFA figure.

Avengers Loki selling out is what i referred to, unless you got on the waitlist back then, or are willing to shell out $600 now on secondary markets you're out of luck. I'm saying if that Loki was offered again, it'd sell like hotcakes.

All the old Avengers are sold out.

There is nothing 2.0 about this Loki. Whatsoever.

hottoysloki12.jpg

Hot-ToysThor-The-Dark-World-Loki-3.jpg

Yep, completely different. :cuckoo:

What similar accessories are you talking about?

Dagger.

Loki is offered again, and it isn't sold out yet, round and round the bush we go.

Loki is offered again said:
I think what he means is if the first Loki was offered for sale it would sell out.

It would be interesting to see a poll on which Loki collectors would have if they had a chance of either, I think the Avengers version would win hands down, even with the 'improved' sculpt I still can't see Loki in there.

I'd take the first Loki for the cape and accessories but the new Loki for the hs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what he means is if the first Loki was offered for sale it would sell out.

It would be interesting to see a poll on which Loki collectors would have if they had a chance of either, I think the Avengers version would win hands down, even with the 'improved' sculpt I still can't see Loki in there.
Exactly my point.

I just posted a review of Loki... I'm quite pleased wit him. While the original certainly wins when it comes to accessories I think this is a very solid figure:

Loki Review

lokiq_zpsa0a7f84d.jpg

I thought people didn't like the new head sculpt on this Loki? Has there been a change of heart since people got it in hand? Is this sculpt better than the Avengers Loki?

I thought people didn't like the new head sculpt on this Loki? Has there been a change of heart since people got it in hand? Is this sculpt better than the Avengers Loki?

Both sculpts have their high and low points so I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. However it is much better in hand than pics. Looks great.

Both sculpts have their high and low points so I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. However it is much better in hand than pics. Looks great.

Thanks, yeah, found a compare. I do see that people's opinions have changed. The new sculpt looks terrific. I think I prefer it, even though I have the Avengers Loki only.

View attachment 121022I really don't know what people are seeing when they say this sculpt is awful. To me it looks just as good if not better than the Avengers version. And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous, because I have the Avengers version too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....308_849929625024663_5080039118328117707_n.jpg

I see they refined the "beading" on the outfit too.

Thanks, yeah, found a compare. I do see that people's opinions have changed. The new sculpt looks terrific. I think I prefer it, even though I have the Avengers Loki only.

I have both Loki's and the new one in no way takes second place to the Avengers one. Even though it comes with a lot less accessories I still see as an improvement over the first version

The HS is whats keeping me away from this fig. I really like the rest, especially the improved suit but that HS is really bad. I feel the same way with TWS BW(improved suit but bad HS). I

Back