1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

I like scar because he plays a big part in the movie but I wish they would of reversed roles in the movie between the two and Celtic had the longer part.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Congrats to everyone who got theirs already and thanks for posting pics. He looks pretty sweet except for the black lenses on the bio, they make him look beatty-eyed like a mouse or something IMO. As soon as I get mine the lenses are getting painted, they look much meaner in the silver color from the movie. image.jpg

Well I received this bad boy today and I absolutely love him. There's so many posing options with this guy that is was tough to decide what I wanted to do. I ended up going with a 'what if' scenario in which Celtic beat Grid and then Scar synced back with him shortly after. You can see Celtic is exactly how he would be post-battle with Grid. No chest armor, battle damaged mask, no spear, gun, and his wristblades are inverted. I was also able to remove the left thigh armor with no problems at all :) I just gently pulled it up and came off really easily so now he's more movie accurate. I also chose this pose so my display has more variation amongst the two. I like the simple look of Celtic with minimal armor (ala the original Preds).

avpduo1_zpsaa033f48.jpg

avpduo2_zps8ecea438.jpg

avpduo3_zps38bbe104.jpg

avpduo4_zps59e80d3a.jpg

congrats pwnstar. my celtic is being held hostage in Altanta by the weather.

looks like the Giraffe Neck is back!!! :panic:

:lecture

It (Celtic) does not have a long giraffe neck. It's because the chest armour is removed so you get to see the correct 'natural' neck size.
Scar is the one whose neck looks small and his head 'only' because of the full chest armour giving the 'illusion' that his neck seemed short as some mentioned.

HT is correct and spot on here.

It's with the full chest armour that makes it look like as if they are almost neckless (and people who have Scar have become used to it) - until that is when you get used to Celtic without chest armour, then gradually you will appreciate the correct neck size (which Scar has too).

If 'you' were to wear AVP armour it would sit high on your shoulders and would make you look stocky and short necked. And if you were to take it off....well...then you'd have your natural neck size back. Happy!:wave

It (Celtic) does not have a long giraffe neck. It's because the chest armour is removed so you get to see the correct 'natural' neck size.
Scar is the one whose neck looks small and his head 'only' because of the full chest armour giving the 'illusion' that his neck seemed short as some mentioned.
i see. so the famous new generation giraffe neck never disappeared?

HT is correct and spot on here.
movie predators don't have giraffe necks. they have necks shorter than humans (because there are humans inside plus fake predator chins lower than human chins plus fake chest flesh higher than human's one.). so no long neck can be correct and spot on.

Kevin-Peter-Hall.jpg

human neck

tumblr_llexwwiWK01qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

predator lack of neck.

but that problem is easily fixable today )

height_stock_01_zps87d5bad1.jpg~original

height_original_zps2ad9b9d4.jpg~original

height_neckmod_01_zps2b0d38f4.jpg~original

height_stock_zps1940555f.jpg~original

height_neckmod_zpscb3e0b0c.jpg~original

Last edited:

That HT city hunter looks like it has a long neck but he is a slender predator so you're right that is kind of incorrect but here Celtic looks fine:

I think it also depends who's playing the Predator such as Kevin Peter Hall:

Tall guy or some short chaps for example that Gort you pictured, or others:

Seems Scar's neck is alright. See how height the armour fits above his shoulders, so the rest of the lower neck is almost disappeared or gone.

*Typo, Seems Scar's neck is alright. See how 'high' the armour fits above his shoulders, so the rest of the lower neck is almost disappeared or gone.

By the way..... Did any one notice that both Special Version and Asia Exclusive ancients are supposed to have computer wrist gauntlets on left arm like Scar on top of the other subtle/obvious differences, here's a close shot:

Did anyone have troubles with the hands being changed out. I got it but I thought it was way to difficult

Did anyone have troubles with the hands being changed out. I got it but I thought it was way to difficult

I did. That's the one thing I hate about these guys. Their hands are SO hard to swap out. The holes are too tight and the gauntlets keep moving when you try so it's difficult to get a solid grip for pushing them in.

I did. That's the one thing I hate about these guys. Their hands are SO hard to swap out. The holes are too tight and the gauntlets keep moving when you try so it's difficult to get a solid grip for pushing them in.

Yeah it's silly , I thought I was going break something pushing on the poor guy. But got to say he's awesome

i'll find out maybe this spring when altanta thraws out and ups brings mine,.

Back