1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think crossbones would be that cheap. It’s a new head, either face or mask, new boots, shin guards, vest, armor, and gauntlets. That’s a lot of tooling and paint and assembly.

I agree it would be nice to have more characters, especially villains. But hot toys knows what sells for them and at costs they can be comfortable with. And they have the most info.

I've always hoped that at some point some knockoff Asian toymaker will put out a Crossbones figure, as Hot Toys plainly isn't interested in doing so. You never know...

35e5cf7fb92bd1cd9c809224199ab9c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good. That lame character didn't deserve the HT treatment.

Neither does Valkyrie.

Porcelain stormtrooper, Electro, Mandarin.

Myth busted.

I don't collect Star Wars (never seen a single movie in my life and don't plan on it), but Stormtroopers are extremely easy to re-purpose. They all look the same and it doesn't require additional molds, R&D, etc on additional figures. So some genius in their marketing thought it would be a good idea to put out a variant because it wouldn't really require addition significant labor and there are collectors (fools) out there that will buy anything that is a variant/slightly different.

Electro and Mandarin were released back when HT literally made a figure for whatever they could.

LOL. We can add the James Franco New Goblin to the list of "worthy" Hot Toys figures too.

Once again...released during the HT time period where they made a figure for whatever character they could. HT now is a bit more choosy since they know the customers can be more choosy too with the plethora of character iterations to choose from.

And with that in mind, a casual collector (the majority of their customer base) will prioritize the main roster over some side character that has minimal screen time. So characters like Crossbone and Valkyrie will end up not selling well, and therefore, not really worth it for HT to put into mass production.

I don't collect Star Wars (never seen a single movie in my life and don't plan on it), but Stormtroopers are extremely easy to re-purpose. They all look the same and it doesn't require additional molds, R&D, etc on additional figures. So some genius in their marketing thought it would be a good idea to put out a variant because it wouldn't really require addition significant labor and there are collectors (fools) out there that will buy anything that is a variant/slightly different.

Your photo of the Sneaky variant is the same as any stormtrooper variant. Same figure with different paint and the majority of the world would call us fools for collecting any of this stuff.

Your photo of the Sneaky variant is the same as any stormtrooper variant. Same figure with different paint and the majority of the world would call us fools for collecting any of this stuff.

I don't own the Sneaky variant though...and yeah, I guess we all are fools, however there are always fools more foolish than us fools...

I don't own the Sneaky variant though...and yeah, I guess we all are fools, however there are always fools more foolish than us fools...

I do, It's one of my favorites. I understand what you were saying and agree with most of it but we all have things we collect that others would never want in their collection. I have no interest in a Porcelain Stormtrooper i would never put someone down for buying one. It's not any different than me buying any of the dozens of Iron man repaints but i would pass at a porcelain version (i think :lol).

My point was there's no such thing as "worthy". Easy or not. What did they think there was a huge market for a porcelain stormtrooper? Certainly there is a bigger market for crossbones than that...or any other marvel villain for that matter. Even if we're just talking repainted Stormtroopers even the gold chrome and copper stuff seems way more of a collectible repaint than porcelain.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that Valkyrie is not "worthy" of a Hot Toys figure. That's complete crap.
There is no worthiness scale as far as releases go.

If that is the case, young Han Solo is not "worthy", either :pfft:

Someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to answer this but that porcelain variant was probably produced more for the Asian market. "Blue and White" porcelain was popular in Chinese culture and was a major export going back to the 17th century.

My point was there's no such thing as "worthy". Easy or not. What did they think there was a huge market for a porcelain stormtrooper? Certainly there is a bigger market for crossbones than that...or any other marvel villain for that matter. Even if we're just talking repainted Stormtroopers even the gold chrome and copper stuff seems way more of a collectible repaint than porcelain.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that Valkyrie is not "worthy" of a Hot Toys figure. That's complete crap.
There is no worthiness scale as far as releases go.

If that is the case, young Han Solo is not "worthy", either :pfft:

Some people think that if they don't think a figure is Worthy of release then it automatically becomes fact.

Back