1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A9E1D41A-E078-4C37-9FAA-F7B292537E86.jpeg

Been doing a lot of work on my ROTJ SE Fett since I last posted.
So far I have completed:
Weathered the rifle
Weathered flight suit with powdered pastels
Weather gloved hands with a wash to bring out detail
Made glove “cuffs” to help hide black wrist pegs
Tightened the outer sleeves on the flight suit for tighter fit around biceps
Painted “metal” parts (knee darts,toe spikes,etc)with Molotow chrome paint
Dyed medium brown braid to dark brown
Trimmed about 1/8” of plastic, from circumference of the right gauntlet to make it fit tight around the arm
Added larger steel tube barrels to left gauntlet
Repainted weathering on both gauntlets to match screen used armor better
Repainted gauntlet tubes, now figure has one tube on each gauntlet
Tightened cod piece armor by adding an extra hole on each side so it fits snug on waist.
Trimmed “fat suit” so it is only around the torso.

Not shown in these pics but I’ve also completed:
Leather girth belt straps
Brass buckles on girth belt
Metal jet pack loops
Added lower metal loop to jet pack, with Velcro belt under the armor vest, so jet pack now hangs in the correct position. (Removed magnetic mount from jet pack)
Painted jet pack straps gray
Painted knee armor straps gray

Still left to do:
Painted added weathering details to helmet
Add extra ammo pouches to belt
Weather ammo pouches and belt
708WgtU.jpg

352CmM2.jpg

eFWfqCJ.jpg

EZB5RI1.jpg

Y7XyxcH.jpg

7gStbYs.jpg

Cden171.jpg

jCDBeif.jpg

Nice work Deano--that first comparison picture on the right--it could pass as Bulloch in his movie suit!:hi5:
That is my favorite picture of the bunch.

Dude in a suit, right there... Great Job 👏🏽
Thanks! That's the best complement for a 1/6 figure.

Here's the full resolution. I do feel like it could use a dull coat on the gloves. They are definitely too shiny.
NRXUF65.jpg

Awesome mods here. I’ve been out of the sixrh scale game for a long time. A store is selling an ESB Boba Fett from Sideshow this is the 2nd release of this Fett from SS. Is it any good and what are the differences between the first release? Been looking at the topics and sorry if I have to ask this on this thread. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a spare set of ROTJ Fett gauntlets for sale? I need to replace a pair that are damaged.

That is my favorite picture of the bunch.

Thanks! That's the best complement for a 1/6 figure.

Here's the full resolution. I do feel like it could use a dull coat on the gloves. They are definitely too shiny.
View attachment 438434

Did 3 coats on my Empire version gloves. Looks much better. HT Fett gloves are way too shiny.

Does anyone have a spare set of ROTJ Fett gauntlets for sale? I need to replace a pair that are damaged.

I haven’t checked in a long time but TA might have some.

Did the little switch on the left gauntlet break of off yours? I noticed it was missing off of Mr. Evil Cheese's review..then noticed mine was hanging on by a thread. I didn't realize that you tend to put your finger right there when positioning the arm.

Deano, that modded ROTJ SE Fett looks incredible. Would you talk to us about any helmet modifications, if any? It looks like a better proportioned Hot Toys ESB bucket, but without the horrible profile, but I don't know you could have solved that. Please share. :clap

Decided to finally remove the “fat suit”. Not a huge difference, but it is noticeable:

aeffd0c805f7e4b7af08eca0bcd38538.jpg
6d0fe8be6700dc50f5468ef8d0620a17.jpg
e9b4347a6c48d73d4ab0e8762d13c81d.jpg
4cde2308ac83d7345d10837a33aa4b6a.jpg
f44e718ff6bac213c5f65942cc4640f0.jpg
f0c6e11431e8f8d6b06fc3cbcb454375.jpg
9dd393946b51cfdfe61cef901ef9b699.jpg
cbba877bcfab1c3a1baefef53bb0cddd.jpg
2afa7593204ba260091982118cd07281.jpg
049576a8f6d21737958c638fc1e1c1e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent pics and poses here! Had to track this thread down so I could post a new one too:

5b240130cc676a0aaa6dcaf4a7dd459a.jpg

Does anyone have a spare set of HT ROTJ Fett gauntlets for sale that aren't at eBay prices? Used is fine as long as they aren't damaged (specifically the silver toggle switches). I'm also looking for an empty art box for the Deluxe version if anyone has it available. I don't even need the plastic or cardboard inserts, just the art box as long as there is no damage.

Back