1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I was doing was clarifying that he was referring to paint jobs rather than the actual films, but in terms of where I stand on it, I actually can't decide. They both have their positives and negatives.

Yeah, didn't mean anything towards you, or him really, as he said he's a Fett fan and has both. But some people like to declare something is the best or better, when it's merely just their opinion and that can rub other collectors the wrong way. Their is no BEST version, only whichever version you prefer. Some people like to declare x is the best, and the rest stink.

I also like both. I have the original SS Fett which is still great other than the boxy chest armor. I thought about getting this HT ROTJ version to have both, but felt the differences aren't enough to warrant buying both. I like Fett, but not enough to buy every version. And if I only have 1 Fett I prefer the lighter tones of the ESB version. Now the new HT deluxe ESB Fett is interesting, cause with the proto parts it almost is the ROTJ version. The only difference is the left gauntlet and the eye like marks on the top of the helmet, and the gun. I picked up a parted out ROTJ gun recently from TA, so I have both guns in case i decide to upgrade to the HT ESB Fett. Best of both worlds if one doesn't want to own both either due to money or space. A win win for me...

Sorry for rubbing in wrong the way. Perhaps, I should stated "In my opinion" I like ROTJ Fett better. I own both hot toys 1/4 and 1/6 Fett and Medicom Fett, and pre-ordered ESB version as well. Both have + and -. However, the ROTJ is definitely my favorite armor (look at my list) due to the fact that I like the jet pack color and weathering scheme, gauntlet, the belt and the armor overall color scheme. Yeah, I know all the inaccuracies of hot toys RTOJ Fett but I really adore the beauty of the figures. To be honest with you, there is no accuracy Fett on the market at the moment, and I don't think we will ever see one perhaps due to the fact that inconsistency with same armor in the movie, and the process variation of making these figures therefore these are really good representation of Fett. I don't have a PhD degree in field of studying Fett armor :) and therefore I wouldn't careless about the accuracy, unless it is really obvious even my wife can spot it.

Sorry for rubbing in wrong the way. Perhaps, I should stated "In my opinion" I like ROTJ Fett better. I own both hot toys 1/4 and 1/6 Fett and Medicom Fett, and pre-ordered ESB version as well. Both have + and -. However, the ROTJ is definitely my favorite armor (look at my list) due to the fact that I like the jet pack color and weathering scheme, gauntlet, the belt and the armor overall color scheme. Yeah, I know all the inaccuracies of hot toys RTOJ Fett but I really adore the beauty of the figures. To be honest with you, there is no accuracy Fett on the market at the moment, and I don't think we will ever see one perhaps due to the fact that inconsistency with same armor in the movie, and the process variation of making these figures therefore these are really good representation of Fett. I don't have a PhD degree in field of studying Fett armor :) and therefore I wouldn't careless about the accuracy, unless it is really obvious even my wife can spot it.

Very cool... Do you have pictures of all your Fett's together? I had SS white proto Fett Po'd back when, but decided I didn't need it and cancelled it. Still regret it.

Like I said, I took no offense in what you said, but there are plenty of collectors on these forums that love to declare the new figure they spent their money on is the best thing ever and the rest are turds and then laugh at other collectors for their opinions. It's great to feel good about your purchases and your preferences, but not at the expense of others. I've been at this collecting game for over 40 years since I received my 1st vintage 3 3/4" SW figure as a kid.... Been hooked ever since. I like seeing the evolution of the quality of products over time. My kryptonite is Vader, as yours is Fett. My crappy Hasbro 12" Vader to me was as cool at the time it was made and I purchased it as the new SS & HT Vader's are when they were released. Everyone should have fun in this hobby and not feel what they have/like is superior to every one else's, but instead embrace each other's opinions which makes for fun discussions rather than arguments over who's is better.

:duff

Your wish is my command.... Beware of Fett.
b2d614a374e48fededa790baaaefc130.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I got a mint deluxe Fett for $280 shipped on ebay a few months ago, easily worth it and not too far from retail. Kicking myself for not getting him when he was on sale at ThinkGeek near the end of his run.

Hi people.
I have the Deluxe version (actually, I won't be needing the Sarlacc base... trying to sell it away).
I am collecting info about issues/fixes/tips/best practices regaring this Fett. Is there something relevant any of you, who have been keeping tabs on this thread since the figure became available, might want to point out?
I am concerned about futzing to make the guy look real. Fitting such complex costume and equipment on this body might prove frustrating.
Besides that, those wookie braids look very unrealistic to me. What is worse: they are screen accurate!! :-(
I have never seen a blond wookie... :-(
I wonder if anybody has done anything about this "issue".
LMK!
Thanks to those contributing!
Regards,
m.

Since Fett is back in the collecting eye with the Mythos figure- I thought I'd revisit this one with a couple of new shots...

ROTJ-FETT-011.jpg

FETT.jpg

I may give it a try some day. Rarely getting a nice and clear blue sky for more than a couple days at a time around here but i might be lucky this summer seeing how things turned out in the last couple weeks.

I still love this version...but excited to see how TESB version will look beside him:)

View attachment 420186View attachment 420185
Great images! No distortion at all. Yep, I've had my ESB Fett now for two days. I think the QC and accuracy is better on the Jedi one, but I absolutely love the Empire helmet. I definitely perfer the sandy colored outfit and darker green/more yellow armor of the Jedi one..but feel like the burgundy gauntlets make it look a bit more toy-ish. I kinda want to just combine the three (PP, ESB & ROTJ) to make my ideal Boba..but then would have three totally inaccurate Fett's lol. I really only need one in my collection (same as Vader); but the character is just so freakin' awesome looking.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable price for the deluxe version of this? Thinking of selling mine since I might try to get the ESB version since the rest of my OT figures are all ESB, but I'm undecided lol. Curious to see what the Sideshow Mythos Boba ends up being like.. I wonder if it would have some cool parts to add to this guy

Depends on if it’s unopened or Displayed and the condition of the figure box and shipper. Brand new if fetching more but opened is going for about $300 shipped on Ebay right now.

Depends on if it’s unopened or Displayed and the condition of the figure box and shipper. Brand new if fetching more but opened is going for about $300 shipped on Ebay right now.

Okay cool, thanks! Mine is opened but in perfect condition (never displayed the sarlacc either), so sounds like I could get at least retail for it. Will have to do some research. :D

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think the ROTJ figure looks better than the ESB version. Things flare out on the ESB figure (shoulder armor).....don't get me wrong it's awesome and if I had the space (and money) I'd buy it.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think the ROTJ figure looks better than the ESB version. Things flare out on the ESB figure (shoulder armor).....don't get me wrong it's awesome and if I had the space (and money) I'd buy it.

Come on all......lets flame this guy!!! :wink1:

If you are talking about the movie design I always preferred the ESB look and color scheme over his Jedi look but I have friends who prefer the latter. If you are just talking about the figures then futzing might be the only difference in esthetic. It’s all personal preference.

I would never sell mine Deluxe ROTJ version..even though I have to admit the helmet shape of latest ESB version looks way much better. But the Saclacc pit diorama base is very unqiue

Back