1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I will say between the two, and this is from an aesthetic POV with regard to posing: the belt pouches being off to the side on ESB makes for some easier posing options than the ROTJ where they are all along the belly. It’s minor, but otherwise yeah you’ve got the better helmet shape on the ESB and I prefer the color scheme in ESB to the more olive ROTJ version. But ROTJ has some nice aspects — less monotone, red gauntlets are pretty sweet.

He makes for a complicated figure either way, tough to futz compared with something simple like a stormtrooper as he has so many different materials and moving parts.

Courious on people's 'ideal' Fett would be with the 3 real-world looks HT has made for us. I'd have the Jedi one as a base, use the Empire helmet, ammo belt & sidearm and the PP left gauntlet. I just think the darker green chest armor pops more on the ROTJ version..and I like how the shoulder/knee pads are all yellow instead of a mix of yellow & orange.
One thing I will say between the two, and this is from an aesthetic POV with regard to posing: the belt pouches being off to the side on ESB makes for some easier posing options than the ROTJ where they are all along the belly.
Agreed. They do get in the way/look a bit cumbersome as they're oversized; which gives Fett a fatter look in the midsection.

I've managed to pick up the last couple of parts for a HT ROTJ Fett that I needed that will be completed by the Proto parts in the deluxe. Once the helmet and wrist gauntlets sell from the extra I picked up this new base figure should have cost me around £65. I'll just have to live with the darker green armour working with the proto helmet colour. Hopefully darkening the undersuit with a little blue dye should help with that.

I'm planning to get this, is the plastic on the range finder pretty flimsy and fragile? I fear if the toy falls from standing the antenna will just snap.

I'm planning to get this, is the plastic on the range finder pretty flimsy and fragile? I fear if the toy falls from standing the antenna will just snap.
Well, it is a harder plastic, so it doesn't have a whole lot of give at all..not rubbery. But as many times as I've handled all of my Fett figures/helmets; I've never felt concerned about the range finder breaking. So if the figure fell onto the surface it was standing on, it would be a miracle if the range finder snapped, as the helmet would hit the surface.

I know it's not HT, but this is my slightly modified Medi Boba Fett. I added the clear hoses and readjusted the chest armor a little bit closer.

20180918_192206_zpsgkgdyq3m.jpg

I'm planning to get the ESB HT version.

I should rearrange my display so I can have both Fetts next to each other. But I'm running out of space. I go back and forth on which version of Fett I prefer aesthetically but I tend to lean towards his look in ESB. In regards to Hot Toys, I think the ESB version has some slight improvements to the helmet proportions but armor, flight suit, accessories and articulation are all about the same between both. Really just boils down to whether you like his more uniform green armor look in Empire or his more hodge-podge multicolored armor look in Jedi. Both DX versions are great because of what they come with. They did a 1/4 scale RotJ Fett, wonder if they'll do a 1/4 ESB Fett.

https://i.imgur.com/MAgjPkJ.jpg

I wish they’d do one but kinda doubt it. They have Vader and hopefully the trooper to do. If they continue the QS line I don’t think they’d do another version of the same character. Don’t get me wrong... I’d LOVE a QS version of he ESB Fett!

Meanwhile, back on Tatooine. ...Fett escapes the sarlacc and begins a long trek across the Dune Sea...

FETT ON TATOOINE-002.jpg

Once he enters the Jundland Wastes, he seeks refuge from a sand storm inside a massive cave...

FETT ON TATOOINE-01.jpg

Once the storm passes, Fett emerges from the cave and targets a band of Tusken Raiders blocking his path...

FETT ON TATOOINE-003.jpg

Someday, I hope to pick up the ESB version of this original Mandalorian...but that doesn't keep me from enjoying the heck out of this one!

I also hope to return to this area and get some shots of the Mythos Fett...should look cool out here.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back on Tatooine. ...Fett escapes the sarlacc and begins a long trek across the Dune Sea...

View attachment 435100

Once he enters the Jundland Wastes, he seeks refuge from a sand storm inside a massive cave...

View attachment 435087

Once the storm passes, Fett emerges from the cave and targets a band of Tusken Raiders blocking his path...

View attachment 435106

Someday, I hope to pick up the ESB version of this original Mandalorian...but that doesn't keep me from enjoying the heck out of this one!

I also hope to return to this area and get some shots of the Mythos Fett...should look cool out here.

Awesome scenery.

View attachment 435100

View attachment 435087

View attachment 435106

So fantastic! It's such a tricky job using nature in a scene and have it visually scale down properly, you really nailed it. :clap

Yeah, beautiful shots as always, JB. Always await your desert shots. Figure holds up, especially at low angles like in the 2nd pic, and looks great in natural light.

First post here.

I finally picked up a ROTJ Fett to replace my poorly aging Medicom RAH figure. I also got a loose ESB helmet on ebay, so I could make my personal favorite Fett. ROTJ SE. Basically it's the ROTJ cosutme with the ESB helmet.

When I joined the 501st in 1999 I built a ROTJ SE Fett costume, but I sold it off many years ago, so having an almost exact 1/6 scale replica of it is awesome.

I took some time yesterday to set him up in a few poses to match reference pics of the actual costume. I think it holds up excellently next to the real thing. I apologize in advance for my poor photo shop skills. If it's not obvious, the HT figure is on the right in each picture.

I did a few mods to the figure, took the padded suit off and replaced the arms with a narrow shoulder set so the suit fits better. I also made cuff for the wrists to help fill the gaps around the joint still need to dye that gray. I may try swapping out the medicom gauntlets to see how they fit compared the the HT.

Future plans are to to weather the suit a little, but as you can see from the promo shots it wasn't always nasty dirty, I'll go pretty light with just some powders and pastels. I also want to do something about the gloves, the color is off, and I need a more permanent solution for the cuffs. As I've read here on the forum, the range finder is obviously too long and the jetpack doesn't hang quite right. I may also pick up a second belt so I can add the extra pouches shown in the promo shots.

URN8bPx.jpg

sSn5OCt.jpg

2xeJirk.jpg

I8idPUH.jpg

JpyUpkf.jpg

2EsnZXC.jpg

BMgp7iU.jpg

g197cjt.jpg

jATCiCB.jpg

Excellent gallery of comparison pics! It's cool how you match the poses in the shots - the figure looks great. (and welcome! )

Still digging my ROTJ Fett...even with no mods, the figure can still achieve that "man in a suit" look really effectively...

ROTJ-FETT-016.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots of yours too. He really does pull it off well.

I’ve shown my wife and a friend my pictures and asked which one looks more like a person is in the suit and both times they guessed the HT over the real pictures.

Back