1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on this figure when initially released, as I wanted just the ESB version, but now I'm hoping HT does a 2.0 release. With my pre-ordered Mando Fetts, I would like to have this one as well. Hopefully an updated version.

I passed on this figure when initially released, as I wanted just the ESB version, but now I'm hoping HT does a 2.0 release. With my pre-ordered Mando Fetts, I would like to have this one as well. Hopefully an updated version.

2023 for sure.

bvtlpqo1hzo61.jpg

Well HT only did 5 last year from ESB (if you count Kenner Fett) and only 2 were new. I'd say if they were going to do the same in 2023 Boba and Palps are a good choice for a re-release. I can't see them doing Jedi Luke for a 4th time especially if they do a Mando version in the meantime and is the Royal Guard that in demand? Maybe a new Vader and Scout w/speeder as the 2 new releases? Endor Han is out of the question obviously.

Going through some old shots and found this one of the HT ROTJ Fett...

BEFORE THE SARLACC.jpg

Pre-sarlacc days on Tatooine!

He's back in the box for now. He might see a reissue for ROTJ 40th, but we might be overloaded with Fett by then with the impending TV show. Either way, glad I got it way back when. Good addition to the Fett collection to rotate into the display now and then.

Got the custom head of Cody.Might end up customizing the head more,but it looks ok. The HT stock body was changed to a slimmer one.

00726242ec34eedd0736d8334753fed2.jpg
6ffd0f6c6d8a2eb55136d5b8b35d10e2.jpg
c6691848428486c936d9dffc5ad25efc.jpg
be6290b7d1efdb348fcc2865dcd52877.jpg

Enviado desde mi M2007J17G mediante Tapatalk

I have a question. I want to put a commander Cody head on this Boba Fett, but which one will fit it better? The Sideshow version or Hot Toys? Also, do I have to modify it any?

I have a question. I want to put a commander Cody head on this Boba Fett, but which one will fit it better? The Sideshow version or Hot Toys? Also, do I have to modify it any?

Just to clarify your question since Sideshow and Hot Toys have both made both figures.

Are you asking if it’s better to put a Sideshow Cody or Hot Toys Cody head on the Hot Toys ROTJ Boba Fett?

If so then the Sideshow Cody head is a really dated early gen sculpt that would not look very good on any Hot Toys figure. Also significantly less likely to fit.

I don’t think the Hot Toys Cody head will fit on this figure without swapping or modifying the neck connector, which are not universal.

I’ve seen someone here put the Cody sculpt on a Hot Toys ESB Fett and it looked really good, but I don’t think it was fully connected to the body.

You can try to modify or swap the neck connector, or use some museum putty to keep the head on.

Just felt like throwing this out there. I guess this isn’t really “canon” anymore but hey, they threw the tentacles in for a reason!

View attachment 553903

I use my Sarlaac for 3.75” figures but that’s one of the best utilizations for it I’ve seen. Perspective really helps sell it.

Maybe the Sarlaac had a bit of indigestion and accidentally burped out Fett. Mando armor is must be hard to digest and they don’t make Tums that big.

Is there any reason not to pick up this figure? I like the ROTJ design but I wonder if Hot Toys will redo it for the flashbacks in BOBF?

Is there any reason not to pick up this figure? I like the ROTJ design but I wonder if Hot Toys will redo it for the flashbacks in BOBF?
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ESB helmet -- although still not completely accurate -- was slightly better than this one, less elongated looking.

I've been thinking the very same thing for the last week or so. Not sure if to try picking one up or if to wait a little longer for HT to announce a newer version.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ESB helmet -- although still not completely accurate -- was slightly better than this one, less elongated looking.
I did scroll back a few pages and noticed several posters saying something similar and in turn, replacing the helmet.

Back