1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love my deluxe ROTJ, especially that sarlacc diorma base, very unique :)

Me too! It took me forever to get this I kept putting it off should have gotten it earlier.

I thought the base was stupid but now that I’ve got it I actually really like it and think it’s a nice display piece. Would have been better without the SE beak but at the height mine is placed you can’t really see it.

I forgot, I still have this rolled up waiting to get framed before putting it behind Han & Chewie...
Tim-Doyle-Millennium-Falcon-Print-Cold-Purple-2016.jpg

Also got an X-wing playmat just a couple days ago just coz it looked cool, and only happened to put it behind Fett coz I got him a couple playmates!
50GUZr1.jpg

Don't even play that game.

I've been looking closer at the Medicom version and I'm thinking it may be more screen accurate than this one.

BOBA-FETT-923011.jpg

tVGG_38030.jpg

Unless I'm missing something, Medicom's Boba is the most accurate ROTJ version so far No?

The medicom was nice. I just sold it. I like the HT more myself. The medicom in hand to me just seemed toyish compared to the HT. There was a few hoses missing from the gauntlets but the helmet shape was nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The medicom was nice. I just sold it. I like the HT more myself. The medicom in hand to me just seemed toyish compared to the HT. There was a few hoses missing from the gauntlets but the helmet shape was nice.

Toyish and missing hoses. Not good.

Toyish and missing hoses. Not good.
It was a nice action figure for the time. IMO the HT Fett is leaps and bounds better. I had them displayed side by side for quite a while.

Comparison between SS ESB Fett and Hot Toys ROTJ Fett. Still love ROTJ . Could cleary see Hot Toys ESB Fett color is much bighter than SS, and "quality looks better"

12424896_1747741078805706_346114917_n.jpg

When I see that shot I think the Sideshow body proportions and helmet shape look better but the finer details are much better on the Hot Toys.

When I see that shot I think the Sideshow body proportions and helmet shape look better but the finer details are much better on the Hot Toys.

* Breathing heavily in a paper bag*

Its your opinion, so cool. But have you owned the Sideshow Fett? Worst part for me were the proportions and body in general (also, the boxy vest).

* Breathing heavily in a paper bag*

Its your opinion, so cool. But have you owned the Sideshow Fett? Worst part for me were the proportions and body in general (also, the boxy vest).

Yes I've owned both. They both have their own issues, but the HT Boba kind of looks like he's wearing a diaper, has thick thighs (causing several folks to remove the under suit), and the chest has a weird puffiness to it as well. Really isn't that convincing as a man in suit, or at least not compared to what we saw on screen.

You sounded like you were giving a speech in class on the first day of school. Do you still do reviews?
You hit the nail on the head!
Nope. It's not for me. I did a couple but they were all about the same.

Yes I've owned both. They both have their own issues, but the HT Boba kind of looks like he's wearing a diaper, has thick thighs (causing several folks to remove the under suit), and the chest has a weird puffiness to it as well. Really isn't that convincing as a man in suit, or at least not compared to what we saw on screen.

It only doesn't look like a figure in certain poses I've seen. If he's in flight it sometimes looks like a man in a suit. Another reason I didn't buy it. It looks like a figure. To me, the Medicom version looks less toyish, at least in pictures.

I just want to display Boba in his flying pose fighting with Sarlacc pit. Would it damage the body if you keep him in that flying stance for a long time guys ?

I had him posed in a flight stance the first few weeks I had him and didn’t notice any issues when I changed poses. I made sure the clamp was above the belt and not pinching any of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! How long have you had him in that flight stance ?

I got him last December so it nearly 2 months without any problem to the body so far.

Only a few weeks I think, I eventually had to box the sarlaac up and put him on his regular stand so I could fit some other figures in my detolf with him. But yeah I would guess he should be ok to leave that way since it’s just a cloth/padded suit and not a pleather or skin tight outfit that could get damaged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back