1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to tell from my pics, but the material of the seam is stretched away from the center on the right side, and there's no way to make it flat.

I can kind of see it look different from one side to the other. That's a real bummer. I have the HC edition and the seam can get bunched a little and I can pull back on the head and it holds pretty well. It's like they tried something different with the stitching and made it worse?

Mine has a slightly visible seam but it doesn?t bother me. I think it?s significantly better than having a fully cast head without material. It?s a really fun figure from a poseability standpoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today...

FFH1.jpg

FFH6.jpg

...opening a ticket with SSC shortly.

Yikes! I'm scared to unbox my own now. Ugh what was Hot Toys thinking :slap

I think the main issue is the material they chose. If they had chosen a more flexible, elastic material they could have had a shorter seam that stopped further back. HT can make everything 1/6 scale except the diameter of thread, and as a result this seam is going to be visible to some extent no matter how well executed it is.

Finally got around to opening the box. Here's what I got. Zoomed in, yeah it's noticeable. Sitting on the shelf, not that a big of a deal visually for me. I already had the one from Homecoming, so I planned on contorting this one around anyways.

IMG-8545.jpg

IMG-8546.jpg

IMG-8547.jpg

IMG-8548.jpg

Finally got around to opening the box. Here's what I got. Zoomed in, yeah it's noticeable. Sitting on the shelf, not that a big of a deal visually for me. I already had the one from Homecoming, so I planned on contorting this one around anyways.

IMG-8545.jpg

IMG-8546.jpg

IMG-8547.jpg

IMG-8548.jpg

From the side profile it looks fine, but head-on, it's not as good...but in the whole scheme of things, it could be way worse and since this is your 2nd one then I guess a subpar one is kinda acceptable?

From the side profile it looks fine, but head-on, it's not as good...but in the whole scheme of things, it could be way worse and since this is your 2nd one then I guess a subpar one is kinda acceptable?

Yeah I'm not sweating that. Like I said, I'm admiring from 4 or 5 feet away and looks good enough for me. Maybe I'm getting up there in age and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, but it's ok for me. Well I could just turn his dome sideways and problem solved. haha.

Is the FFH head the same in terms of the eyes and web design? If so, I might pick up some spare heads later down the road and swap them out. I think Hot Toys realized their mistake with the Homecoming version and moved the seam further back on the FFH one.

The seam looks like it starts in the same location on both of the HC & FFH Spidey figures I received. Earlier picture of the HC one below I took sometime last year.

IMG-3748.jpg

The seam looks like it starts in the same location on both of the HC & FFH Spidey figures I received. Earlier picture of the HC one below I took sometime last year.

IMG-3748.jpg

The head on the black & red FFH suit appears to be identical to this one (same material), so unless they change that for production we shouldn't be surprised when that has the same seam.

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG-3748.jpg

Sorry i was referring to the upgraded black/red suit from FFH, not the movie promo version. Awesome pic btw!! Love the Spidey hanging upside down in the back =)

The head on the black & red FFH suit appears to be identical to this one (same material), so unless they change that for production we shouldn't be surprised when that has the same seam.

View attachment 469739

I checked some videos from Justin during his visit to one of the shows and it seems like they have moved the seam further back towards the top / backside of the head on the upgraded FFH suit. Hopefully it carries over into production... fingers crossed lol

Yeah it does look like the seam is further back on his head in that particular suit. Would make a big difference with it not being front and center.

Back