1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly why it bothers me. You'd assume the later suits would be more advanced, and it says so in multiple media. The films just offer no evidence to support this. All his suits from MK7 to MK41 seem like they can do exactly what the 42 is trying to do, yet they actually work, and don't fall to pieces when they're hit with a truck.
The 42 was the first to incorporate prehensile technology. The other suits just open like the suit he uses when he first suffers a panic attack. Some or most of the other suits specialize in their own way. Starboost(Space Flight), Shotgun(Hypersonic Flight), some of the other suits also use these things but are prototypes for later suits etc. I don't think they advance each time, just like you said, I think each suit has a specific function or special tech to make it unique
They all use arc reactor tech, they all have repulsor weapons, flight capability and uplink to Jarvis/Friday. I think he occasionally upgrades certain aspects of the tech with newer suits, such as the arc reactor tech or the lasers(MK6 was one time use, 7 was more powerful, and it looked like the 45 could use them continuously..

Edit: Bones was the first to be prehensile. It was a prototype for the MK42

Just because he "doesn't look back", whatever that really means, doesn't mean things are improved. And, it wasn't my question. Frankly I don't care as it's all subjective. There is not a more powerful armor because there's no real measurable stop compare. We have no idea what the power output of the original chest Rt, or the upgraded on in mk6 was to compare against the newer ones. Or anything like that. If I want to think the mk6 is more powerful there's just nothing that states otherwise. There's no real data to compare so it boils down to your own made up info and that isn't something you can really dispute either way. For all we know the little Rt in the 46 don't equal the mk7 in power. And the mk7 may have had thicker armor and or better missles. Jarvis may have been a much better operating system to augment the suits then the newer stuff. It's all subjective as marvel has chosen not to define any of the suit stats. So it's far from a given.

You can look at your mk42 comparison for proof it doesn't always improve. Was the 42 a more advanced suit then the previous versions just due to it being newer? And I'm not talking about what it was going to be when it was done. Half the older suits where prototypes when they where used on screen as well.

If you don't care because "it's all subjective" then why even bother with the reply. And Motux bro, chill, we are just talking about make believe anyways. My shtick about him never looking back comes from the comics, which is actually the reason the 46 looks like the BE armor.

The 42 was the first to incorporate prehensile technology. The other suits just open like the suit he uses when he first suffers a panic attack. Some or most of the other suits specialize in their own way. Starboost(Space Flight), Shotgun(Hypersonic Flight), some of the other suits also use these things but are prototypes for later suits etc. I don't think they advance each time, just like you said, I think each suit has a specific function or special tech to make it unique
They all use arc reactor tech, they all have repulsor weapons, flight capability and uplink to Jarvis/Friday. I think he occasionally upgrades certain aspects of the tech with newer suits, such as the arc reactor tech or the lasers(MK6 was one time use, 7 was more powerful, and it looked like the 45 could use them continuously..

Edit: Bones was the first to be prehensile. It was a prototype for the MK42

Thank you, exactly! Yes, he made "purpose suits" in IM3 because he was wigged out by the events in Avengers 1 but his goal was always to innovate which led him to the autonomous propulsion prehensile Mks. 42-46.

Lastly, if you check out the Art of AoU book, they show how he stored the Mk. 43 on the Quinjet and it looked pretty damn compact to me. It definitely took up more space than the Mk. 5 but less than the non prehensile suits (Minus Veronika of course). And before anyone says but the Mk. 7's pod was compact, sure it was a bit smaller than the suit but not half the size and we've only ever seen the Mk. 7 deployed via pod ONCE.

Oh and everyone, let's just have a good time speculating and discussing this stuff, I mean really, PLEASE!

If you don't care because "it's all subjective" then why even bother with the reply. And Motux bro, chill, we are just talking about make believe anyways. My shtick about him never looking back comes from the comics, which is actually the reason the 46 looks like the BE armor.

Thank you, exactly! Yes, he made "purpose suits" in IM3 because he was wigged out by the events in Avengers 1 but his goal was always to innovate which led him to the autonomous propulsion prehensile Mks. 42-46.

Lastly, if you check out the Art of AoU book, they show how he stored the Mk. 43 on the Quinjet and it looked pretty damn compact to me. It definitely took up more space than the Mk. 5 but less than the non prehensile suits (Minus Veronika of course). And before anyone says but the Mk. 7's pod was compact, sure it was a bit smaller than the suit but not half the size and we've only ever seen the Mk. 7 deployed via pod ONCE.

Oh and everyone, let's just have a good time speculating and discussing this stuff, I mean really, PLEASE!

I don't think anyone's really being aggressive about this. But I don't think the size of the suit is even really a problem. It's wether or not it actually functions well, which the 42 doesn't. And I don't really think the autonomous propulsion was "innovating" at all either.

Looks great jki&Cri, I love the IL figures almost as much as Stormtroopers! Well maybe not that much but I did buy a case of them! It's really too bad that they weren't used more in AoU because-ARMY BUILDING!

I don't think anyone's really being aggressive about this. But I don't think the size of the suit is even really a problem. It's wether or not it actually functions well, which the 42 doesn't. And I don't really think the autonomous propulsion was "innovating" at all either.

Well the 42 was his first APP armor and obviously had issues being a prototype whereas the 43 was used throughout most of AoU. And the best thing is that not only do I agree that it was NOT innovating but so did both the Russos and the production team for CW. Again, in the Art of CW book, they basically call out Black for messing up Extremis in IM3. They knew that fans wanted a truly innovative armor (they actually did reference the Bleeding Edge) but were constrained by the huge **** up in IM3. So the APP armor "paneling" was a constraint they had to work with by tweaking the 45's design to look more "paneled", added the mini RT's and gave the 46 the new folding helmet. Now before anyone calls me out on the folding helmet, in the design section, they do also say that it was both an aesthetic and functional choice. Meaning that the helmet was also something "new" they could include while staying true to messed up Extremis and that they didn't want RDJ acting inside a helmet during pivotal moments of the film.

Looks great jki&Cri, I love the IL figures almost as much as Stormtroopers! Well maybe not that much but I did buy a case of them! It's really too bad that they weren't used more in AoU because-ARMY BUILDING!

Well the 42 was his first APP armor and obviously had issues being a prototype whereas the 43 was used throughout most of AoU. And the best thing is that not only do I agree that it was NOT innovating but so did both the Russos and the production team for CW. Again, in the Art of CW book, they basically call out Black for messing up Extremis in IM3. They knew that fans wanted a truly innovative armor (they actually did reference the Bleeding Edge) but were constrained by the huge **** up in IM3. So the APP armor "paneling" was a constraint they had to work with by tweaking the 45's design to look more "paneled", added the mini RT's and gave the 46 the new folding helmet. Now before anyone calls me out on the folding helmet, in the design section, they do also say that it was both an aesthetic and functional choice. Meaning that the helmet was also something "new" they could include while staying true to messed up Extremis and that they didn't want RDJ acting inside a helmet during pivotal moments of the film.

Ah. I understand what you mean now. I really do believe the 45 and 46 are more advanced than all tony's other suits, as they seem to not have to exclusively use the messed up extremis to suit up, and both had sufficient weapons systems as well. And I may be in the minority here but as much as I love to see new ways for Tony to suit up, I'm glad that the 46 didn't actually have the bleeding edge tech, as I'm not really a fan of the suit inside his body. I'm actually very happy that the innovation they went for was the folding helmet. I also definitely think the "paneling" looks better on the 45 and 46 than on the 42/43, even though they may have felt constrained by it design wise.

Ah. I understand what you mean now. I really do believe the 45 and 46 are more advanced than all tony's other suits, as they seem to not have to exclusively use the messed up extremis to suit up, and both had sufficient weapons systems as well. And I may be in the minority here but as much as I love to see new ways for Tony to suit up, I'm glad that the 46 didn't actually have the bleeding edge tech, as I'm not really a fan of the suit inside his body. I'm actually very happy that the innovation they went for was the folding helmet. I also definitely think the "paneling" looks better on the 45 and 46 than on the 42/43, even though they may have felt constrained by it design wise.

Lol, awesome! I totally was understanding you too but it's like We were speaking different dialects. Also, I think you might be in the minority when it comes to seeing the BE armor on the big screen but it honestly would have to be like entirely CG and IM3's Extremis would have to have been done closer to the comic. Since we both agree that wasn't done in IM3, there really isn't a clear path to any of his "internal armors". So totally agree that the paneling was done really awesomely on the 45&46 and the addition of the retractable helmet really sets these armors apart from the rest.

With the rumors that RDJ and Marvel will make a 4th IM "solo" film or maybe in Homecoming he could move onto his most recent comic armor. I forget what it's called and they are barely 10 issues into it but he basically no longer carries the suit inside his bones but combines all the tech from the previous suits into one. It's really cool because it can be a totally slimmed down stealth armor or shaped all the way up to Hulkbuster size and could be done in a movie.

I'll play a bit for fun... :D

I just have a hard time believing that the guy's 42'nd iteration is somehow less advanced than his seventh. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Well newer isn't always better. We see this in consumer goods all the time. Sometimes a newer phone for example would be worse than its predecessor in one way or another. Same with cars (newer ones can be worse in handling than a predecessor for example).

I'm starting to wonder if they are losing ideas on what kind of weaponry an IM armor can or should hold. We're seeing refinements here and there (like the reusable lasers of the Mk 45 or the restraining features in the Mk 46) but the basic suit armaments seem to be mostly the same. The Mk VII remains to be the (as seen in the movies) heaviest armed of all the suits shown so far and it's why it's still a favorite of mine. The 46 is the first to approach that level again in my mind but that suit strikes me more of a "capture and restrain" type of role than the "destroy everything" mantra of past suits.

In terms of design, I feel the Mk 45 is the most advanced so far. To me this suit looks more form-fitting hinting an advancement in armor technology (doesn't need as much thickness to protect) and weapons packaging (doesn't need as much space to run the same standard weapons set). I would assume given that this was the suit picked by Tony to go against Ultron, it also carries the best countermeasures system in terms of protecting its AI.

Lol, awesome! I totally was understanding you too but it's like We were speaking different dialects. Also, I think you might be in the minority when it comes to seeing the BE armor on the big screen but it honestly would have to be like entirely CG and IM3's Extremis would have to have been done closer to the comic. Since we both agree that wasn't done in IM3, there really isn't a clear path to any of his "internal armors". So totally agree that the paneling was done really awesomely on the 45&46 and the addition of the retractable helmet really sets these armors apart from the rest.

With the rumors that RDJ and Marvel will make a 4th IM "solo" film or maybe in Homecoming he could move onto his most recent comic armor. I forget what it's called and they are barely 10 issues into it but he basically no longer carries the suit inside his bones but combines all the tech from the previous suits into one. It's really cool because it can be a totally slimmed down stealth armor or shaped all the way up to Hulkbuster size and could be done in a movie.

Yeah I really think that could be the next step they take it. A sort of transforming armor that can be used for multiple purposes and changes look and weaponry for each purpose. I'm actually quite a fan of the new comics armor.

But if they did decide to go a bit more in the bleeding edge direction, I think it'd be cool if he got some help from Hank Pym (even though Pym hates Starks) and maybe use Pym particles to shrink the suit down to tiny sections of armor, that could then enlarge and wrap around him at will.

size compare with ultron prime.

size compare.jpg

Back